mailfigo

Need Advice: Fazer / Apache / Unicorn

Dear All,
I am a newbie here,i am planning to buy a bike in the month of August,i am confused which bike to buy.???

I had a chance to see the new Yamaha Fazer a week back,it looks great...i have been a Yamaha Fan all my life..i had a 1986 RX-100 (Japan Engine) which i loved.

My close friend has an Apache RTR 160 which he bought last year...i like that bike too....and gives decent mileage around 40-42 kmpl.

I also like the performance of Unicorn, but i personally do not like Pulsar,Hunk,etc...
So i m left with;
1) Fazer - Great looks,Not sure about the mileage,i think it is slightly overpriced.
2) Apache RTR 180 - Again not sure about the mileage as it is 180,i do not like the whole idea of having rear disk brakes,
3) Unicorn - which is great bike...but lacks digital tachometer,speedometer,etc.

i am confused pleas help...pleas suggest a nice bike...i would personally go for FAZER but i do think it is slightly overpriced...do u think its worth..i have never doubted the pleasure of riding a Yamaha but...not sure how it will affect my purse..

Thank You...

POST EDITED: USE OF SMS LANGUAGE IS FORBIDDEN. PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE FURTHER POSTINGCYRUS432009-07-25 08:44:04

thanx for the quick reply winner,but,what is the mileage that i would get in a city like mumbai...??

POST EDITED: USE OF SMS LANGUAGE IS FORBIDDEN. PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE FURTHER POSTING
CYRUS432009-07-25 08:44:40

Fazer is best for all three of them but its price is high and its performance is not as good as RTR

and if u want something little less price than go for FZ-16

but i would advice you take a test ride of New Pulsar 220 DTSi which is the fastest bike in India and also cheaper than Fazer and gives better mileage in performance .

So buy fazer or FZ-16 or  if buy Pulsar 220 DTSi best value for money product

Thanks Varun for your opinion....

i think i will go with Fazer...i actually took a test drive of  Pulsar 220 day before...hell its fast & 2k cheaper than Fazer but again with the mileage sticking around 30 kmpl...and being a YAMAHA Fan i would go for Fazer...still not sure as i haven't had a Test Drive...once i will...will let you know...

Moderators, SORRY for the use of SMS language...henceforth i will be careful while posting and will go through the RULES once again.smiley20.gif

apache is good if u want the performance only..i would have suggested u RTR 180 if u were comparing it with p-180..FZ give mileage of around 42-45 kmpl..go for yamaha..you won't regret

Hi,

i own a FZ 16. covered 842 km. its giving 40 kmpl and the feel s amazing such that i dont like to get down from my beast. Sharp manoeuvering, good pick up, male grumblin sound,etc..lots to say

Movin my bike in the city traffic s much easier. So no need to worry about City traffic handling.

But when comes to FAZER, i accept that it looks great. But Yamaha s asking 9k extra for no major upgrades. Its only d fairing finally u left with. If u likes d naked version, go for FZ 16. But, dont miss to own this class bike.  

Thank You,All of you,

i has some personal financial problems smiley18.gif as i was in between jobs,but i am very proud to say...

i have booked my Fazer Limited Edition today,

i had a chance to see it personally and it looks great,the blue and white combination is a killer,i am supposed to get the bike in 2-3 weeks,so will post once i get it.

Thank you very much all of you for your valuable opinions.smiley32.gif