Ishaan

Bike for a 18 year old.

hello everyone.

Please help, i'm stuck. smiley11.gifsmiley11.gif   smiley11.gif

i'm 18 and my dad has promised me to gift a bike.. He says that the bike should be Indian (launched in India), as he doesn't want to run everywhere in search of it's spare parts in future.

MONEY IS NOT A PROBLEM, and i don't want to travel long distances so, I DON'T CARE ABOUT COMFORT.

i like R-15 as it has a sporty look and feel.

i don't like FZ series, Pulsars and Apache RTR.

the problem is that should i wait for any future launches or go for R-15?

i heard some rumours about Ninja, R-6 and CBR launching in India, is this true? i would love to buy one of those..

Are they really coming to India?

smiley1.gif

how much time should i wait?

P.L.E.A.S.E      H.E.L.P! smiley12.gifsmiley12.gif

R-15 because i want to a bike just for the sake of having one. Will use my car most of the time... but for chilling out in markets n stuff, i'll use the bike.

So my dad is not keen on giving me a top-notch bike.

I don't want 1000+ CCs ....

i want 150-300 CC bike... I heard, R-6 and Ninja would come in small engines than usual ... that is why i was asking..should i wait? will they really come?

I have been hearing that ninja will be launching soon since past TWO YEARS smiley7.gif

The guys haven't even started road testing of the Ninja yet.

Maybe in September they will start road testingsmiley36.gif and then they will roadtest it for 6~8 months and then launch it.

hi you suggested a capacity of  150-300cc and r6 is a 600cc bike and i think this bike shouldnt be out by 2009 and more over ninja 250r is gettin launche d by diwali ...and no plans of any honda cbr launching in either 2009 or 2010 and more over u said spares should be available ...kawasaki is entering only this year and spares can be a little tough at a go...go for the r15 it suits your requirment

i want a helicopter with 300 cc engine and indian make and should be launched in india with easily availability of spare parts since money is not a problem!!!!

ha ha ha ..........

I want a 150 cc bike made by "FERRARI" money and everything else not a problem smiley36.gif

Rolling on the floor laughing my *** off. FuelRunGod2009-07-28 12:21:03

hahahaha....

i'll modify the question...

New Question- should i go for R15 or is there any other good bike hitting the markets in 3-4 months?

which looks sporty (eg- R-15, R-125, R-6) with a less powerful engine - 150cc - 300cc.... (eg- R-15)

and costs under 3 lakhs.

Thanks for any help guys... btw, you all are pretty funny! :P

if you can wait 1-2 months , you will really have a good choice. drive and choose.

the bikes are

1.Fully faired HH Karishma

2.Yamaha 250 Fazer

3.Ninja 250

so its better to wait a little. Enjoy your car rides till then. Happy Motoring

hey mate. dont go for busa. coz, this is your first bike. i bought zma-R my first bike. now i have r15. then i have planned to buy hayabusa in next month. if you buy and use busa as ur first bike. the following problems will surely happen to u.[ 1.YOU CANNOT HANDLE IN THE TURNS, 2. YOU CANNOT BALANCE IN THE SLOW SPEEDS, 3. YOU WILL BE MEETING ACCIDENTS DUE TO ENORMOUS POWER+UR NEW EXPERIANCE, ETC ETC ETC ETC] even for me money is not a matter. but i choosed to buy busa 1ly after crossing this mini rockets such as r15 and zma. so u cant get ur life back 1ce if u lost. so be forwarded in mind.

smiley1.gif

-dinesh

get the BUSA in India since money is not an issue!

smiley18.gifI totally disagree. A neophyte (as an 18 year old will be) should not go for such powerful hardware. You need to be really experience before you can safely handle such hardware. The life you save may be your own.

hey mate. dont go for busa. coz' date=' this is your first bike. i bought zma-R my first bike. now i have r15. then i have planned to buy hayabusa in next month. if you buy and use busa as ur first bike. I choosed to buy busa 1ly after crossing this mini rockets such as r15 and zma. so u cant get ur life back 1ce if u lost. so be forwarded in mind.

smiley1.gif

-dinesh
[/quote']

I still think you need more experience. Try a 600 first.