v12power

v12 power means ????

v12 is one of the award winning "vee" series engine.

There are many engine in this series like v6, v8,v12,v14,v16 etc etc.

If you specifically want to know whats "12" in it, then it stands for the number of cylinders it has got in it.

BTW, if u didn't knew the meaning of V12 then why u made it as ur ID? Just askin not offense meant. smiley1.gif

1: Hey dude, i am just 18 yrs and 6 days old, so please dond address me as sir.

2: I didnt know, so "SORRY"

*EDIT*

No v14 engine exists. check the link above carefully.winner482009-07-25 16:50:46

They are till v24

1: Hey dude' date=' i am just 18 yrs and 6 days old, so please dond address me as sir.
2: I didnt know, so "SORRY"[/quote'] no problems. smiley1.gif
CYRUS432009-07-25 16:51:36

i want to know how you guys know about v12power

i found that you guys know soo much

i m proud of it smiley32.gifsmiley20.gif

v12 engine is used in AUDI R8, lamborghini murcielago,ETC...ETC.... smiley36.gif
CYRUS432009-07-25 18:10:44

By and large there are two issues. As you increase the number of cylinders the block become progressively longer. So you have to go for a Vee or Flat configuration. This reduces the block length by half. A W is two Vees together!

In general the moer the number of cylinders the smoother is the engine. In a four cylinder you have one power stroke for every 90 degrees of crankshaft rotation. Once you enter the domain of 5-cylinders or more the power strokes tend to overlap making the engine far smoother.

Some great engines which I can think of are the In-line sixes of BMW and the Flats of Porsche 911.

............?

v12 engine is used in AUDI R8' date=' lamborghini murcielago,ETC...ETC.... smiley36.gif
[/quote']

?

Audi R8 uses a V10 or? V8. It doesnt have a V12.

i think the petrol one is V8 but there is one new petrol V10 and the diesel is V12!

The AUDI R8 Petrol is a V8 and a V10' date=' The Diesel is a V12.

?

But if you are comparing the LAmbos engine and the R8's engine, then you are wrong. They are NOT same!!
[/quote']

i m giving the examples

not comparing

Some great engines which I can think of are the In-line sixes of BMW and the Flats of Porsche 911.

What is difference between "Inline" and "Flat"?

Inline: all cylinders are in-line as in (almost) all 4 cylinder cars, as well as the BMW 6 cylinders which are known for their smoothness.

Flat (also called Horizontally Opposed): Here half the cylinders are on onle side and the others oppsite (all in the same plane). Porsche 911 is prime example of a flat 6, the AlfaSud of a flat 4..

Inline: all cylinders are in-line as in (almost) all 4 cylinder cars' date=' as well as the?BMW 6 cylinders which are known for their smoothness.

?

Flat (also called Horizontally Opposed): Here half the cylinders are on onle?side and the others oppsite (all in the same plane). Porsche 911 is prime example of a flat 6, the AlfaSud of a flat 4..
[/quote']

I knew that in case of Inline, all the Cylinders are in one line.

And I used to wonder how different is the Flat from Inline.

But from your post my doubt has not been cleared completely. I am still wondering....

If you can please post a pic. of Flat Cylinders, I would get idea of your explanation in the last post. smiley1.gif