mathew

best car in 9-11 lakhs

Hi

I would like to buy a new car.My budget is 9-11 lakhs.
Iam not going to use the car very frequently.Main requiremnts are
1)It shoud have good ground clearence.here road is not that good.
2)low maintance cost ,spare part cost.
3)availability of service
4)safety features.
I got few suggestion like ford verna,honda city,innova .
Please give your valuble sugestion.
Thanks,
Mathew

There certain things you need to specify, such as diesel or petrol. If diesel I suggest Hyundai Verna CRDI, if petrol go in for Honda City. Other options are Linea Diesel, Ford Fiesta TDCI or 1.6 S, Hyundai i20 diesel or petrol 1.2 or 1.4, Honda Jazz, Skoda Fabia petrol/diesel etc, etc....9-11 lakhs is the most happening category, I think, period.

If saftey is the concern, I would recommend Linea. Guys I have seen that Saftey is the top most priority of Fiat to be incorporated in their cars. They are providing quiet a few saftey features which you get in sedans starting from 12 to 16 lacs.

However regarding the ground clearence Linea is smiley21.gif. But they have an Engine protection under the body which i could not even find in Honda Civic. May be thats the reason I found my Linea touching debris of concreate lying on the hilly roads during my last trip.

Hi

I would like to buy a new car.My budget is 9-11 lakhs.Iam not going to use the car very frequently.Main requiremnts are1)It shoud have good ground clearence.here road is not that good.2)low maintance cost ' date='spare part cost.3)availability of service4)safety features.I got few suggestion like ford verna honda city,innova .Please give your valuble sugestion.Thanks,Mathew

?

[/quote']

i am not aware of any car named"ford verna"

there is a hyundai verna and ford fiesta.

If airbags dont matter to you consider the verna.

My second choice would be innova.

Why not consider the scorpio?winner482009-07-27 07:00:00

As sachin said go for the fully loaded Fiat linea 1.3 multijet diesel emotion  variant (optional pack). its got features comparable to cars above the price of rs 10lakhs. its got a fabulously refined 1.3 90 bhp multijet diesel unit under its hood which gives superior performance and efficiency as well. its a car worth to look at if you have a budget of Rs 9 to 11lakhs.

Good GC: Go for Innova (but bad for city limits because of its size)

Low maintanence: Linea (cheapest of all diesel cars)

Availability of service: Linea (Tata has next best service network after Maruti)

Safety featuers: Linea (more safety features than any other car in this price range)

Hi Mathew' date=' try out Innova or Altis, both fulfill the stated requirements.

With Innova you would have added advantage of a diesel & flexibility in seating.
[/quote']

It depends on how many members are there in your family - if it is 4 to 5 Innova is not adviced as mileage would be less compared to other diesel cars and also driveability within the city.