lalitmach22

Fiat Linea petrol or diesel

Hi Friends, I am thinking to purcahse Linea emotion pack, but I m in dilemna over Petrol/Diesel. I would be driving my car max 600 kms in a month. So wats ur advice,

Another thing, I want to know that I am a defence officer, so How to get this car through CSD and through plant billing. I am ready to wait for 1-2 months for plant billing delivery through the dealer.

I would be taking car from dealers in north India, can you advise me on the dealer and other incentives through them like discounts on insurance premium/other discounts

Thanks

Hi Lalit, for ~600km/month petrol should be fine, but keep in mind resale of a petrol Linea could be pretty low.

For CSD, I guess there are special/dedicated counters in some showrooms or get in touch with Manager/Executive of some showroom.

Where in the North? Otherwise Delhi should be fine, or you could scout for a place that has lower taxes, if they apply on CSD goods also.

Regarding discounts, Linea is a relatively newer car, so don't expect much + through CSD you are already on a discounted rate. Still you could haggle with the dealer for some accessories, lower rate of interest, maintenance/service/warranty packages, etc.

If driving only 600 kms you need to keep the car for 10 years to make it worthwhile for going for a diesel. IMO the petrol is a bit underpowered but diesel is adequete. If money is not an issue go for the diesel.

Diesel all the way. Also you don't have to worry as Linea is serviced after every 15000 kms. unlike other cars which are done at 10000 kms. So go for diesel.

Diesel rocks!

@ Achnth, till now, I am in dilemna, wether to got for fiat Linea emotion pacl( Petrol/diesel) or Honda city. I m also waiting for new upgraded Linea, as reported by autocar. I think, I would take my new car on Diwali.

Bye n thanks for ur inputs, i m still doing the research, so ur help is welcome

availab

I think the Linea diesel (Emotion is the highest priced variant I believe) is a much better option, as the petrol lacks the punch and feel. It feels underpowered sometimes.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For CSD booking and delivery the dealers know it best and may surely guide.Or else, if there is a CSD canteen thats large enough and has a Manager posted there, all the latest information can be available with the newly updated lists of cars and bike makes with prices and modalities to be folllowed for purchase.

ility.
anjan_c20072009-08-05 18:28:54

@ Achnth' date=' till now, I am in dilemna, wether to got for fiat Linea emotion pacl( Petrol/diesel) or Honda city. I m also waiting for new upgraded Linea, as reported by autocar. I think, I would take my new car on Diwali.
Bye n thanks for ur inputs, i m still doing the research, so ur help is welcome [/quote']

Where did you hear about the new upgraded Linea? Do you mean the engine upgrade? Can you send me the link?