vishnucj

turbo kit

Yes Pete is a good alternative.

Turbo is only for serious enthusiasts who are intrested in racing/rallying etc etc. Its not a much practical choice for cities etc.

Try Pete as winner said. smiley1.gif

@ sgIITk
I disagree.
Check out the link below.Pete box for swift

Yes please do. It is for the Diesel!!!!

Pete may be doing a turbo conversion for a Swift Petrol. This is not a simple plug in for the car. Also, you may need to uprate the tyres, suspension, brakes etc. to cope with the power.

There may be other remaps available for the Swift. In general if the same engine is exported then a eemap to the export version can get you about 10-15% more. This is due to conservatiev maps used in India to handle our fuel.

incidentally the Topic is about a Turbo Kit.
sgiitk2009-07-31 07:55:59

Thanks Cyrus. People must realize that just dropping in a 'bolt-on turbo' can be extremely hazardous. The brakes, suspension, etc. have to be beefed up. Also, the radiator may be inadequate.

c turbo is a diffrnt thing' date='the pete box is ok but there will be some limitations

is it?
[/quote']

I had a discusion with a dealer in china,they are having the turbo suitable for swift.is that ok

From where do people get these ideas in thier head?, To install a turbo in An MPFI Suzuki Swift!!?. Is the kind of question we had some time ago, where some user here wanted to install performance enhancing equipment on an Opel Astra!!?.

Many here have responded by provinding leads to the places where this kind of job can be done. Without taking into consideration whether those places have the where-withthal, in-depth technical know-how , etc to commit to such a job. And, most importantly to get satisfactory result out of such a job.

Only people able to commit on such a job are the ones , on whom the credit for the inception of Swift goes--Suzuki Engineers. This kind of work can be done by the research and development facility of Suzuki.

If you dont believe, go to any of those addreses the users here have recommended Autopsyche, etc . Yes, the'll plumb in a turbo in your swift, they'll re-map the ECU. Perhaps, even install a free-flowing [Air-filter,exhuast].And charge you a whole for it!.

Some day, driving that car , with a feeling of contentment that youve appeased your adraline rush. Only to be dismayed by a sudden jolt of reality, car has stopped and smoke seem to be coming out of the hood of the car!. What a Monstrosity!

To be realistic,The best response to such a thread should be the one , Dude Durando(DD) gave to the Opel Astra Performance enhancing thread.

I just checked up Autocar's TUNE-IT supplement that came long long time back. Leelakrishnan has indeed tuned a Swift and added on a Garett GT20 turbo, free flow filter, stronger pistons, and some ecu tweaking along with some gauges. The result? 0-100kph in 8.32 seconds and it makes 140bhp! The cost is about 1.5-1.75 lakhs depending on what kind of modification you want. This price was about 2-3 years back and now  guess the prices would have come down

Hello,

I have a friend who has turbo charged his Petrol Swift in Bangalore. He got one installed in Race Dynamics in Bangalore who are the official distributors for HKS in India and a major player in the Indian motorsport scene. The whole package (including the turbo, blow-off, intercooler, piping, etc.) is amazing in terms of quality (after all its HKS!!) and the power is mind blowing. The best part is these guys also have "Bolt-On" HKS accessories for the Swift like racing suspension, exhaust, etc.. Check out their website http://www.racedynamics.in/ . I would seriously recommend better tyres, brakes, suspension, etc. after the installation. All the best with that smiley4.gif

@winner48 - Pete's Tuning Box is only for the Diesel Swift!!

Cyrus, do you have the contact details of KS at Mumbai, I want their advise on boosting the turbo pressure on my Indigo CS and also looking for more possible mods on the turbo including VVT.