rkrk

Best car with 1.2 L petrol Engine

Which is the best in class hatch back with 1.2 liter petrol Engine?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best in class hatch back with 1.2 liter petrol Engine?

• RITZ 1.2 (K series)
    • Hyundai i10 - 1.2 L (Kappa)
    • Hyundai i20 - 1.2 L (kappa)
    • Honda Jazz - 1.2 L
    • Fiat Punto - 1.2 L (Fire)
    • Tata Indica - 1.2 L (safire)
    • Skoda Fabia - 1.2 l

Now new cars are comes with new engine technologies. These engines meets Euro-4 pollution norms and I hope this engines only will be in market after 2010 (may be) due to new pollution norms.

I request you all to vote for the best car based on you expereince and may with your comments.

Let us see the result

(Note: only petrol engine with same capacity considred in this poll)

I choose the kb series engine because it is the smoothest engine on a maruti till date , I havn't driven the GV though, also this engine can give the jazzs engine a run for money and its as smooth and sweet as it with a little less power but its for the masses.

I wanted to vote to both Punto and i20 but considering the hatch segment, price factor, features, engine etc... Punto wins over i20 but i20 has got the best After Sales service and it looks more premium hatch from inside as well as from outside than punto.

Honda Jazz is not comparable in this lot except the engine capacity. It is a landmark vehicle and it will be a reference vehicle for all the new hatches arriving in future.

Here some technical comparison of these engines.

1.RITZ 1.2L

Power 85 ps @ 6000 RPM

Torque 113 nm @ 4500 RPM

2. JAZZ 1.2 L

Power 90 ps @ 6200 RPM

Torque 110 nm @ 4800 RPM

3. i20 & i10 1.2L

Power 80 @ 5200 RPM

Torque 114 nm @ 4000 RPM

4.Punto / Tata 1.2 L

Power 68 @ 6000 RPM

Torque 96nm @ 2500 RPM

Technically jazz meets high power at high RPM (is it ok for engine long life?)

In our poll ritz in number one place, andy Ritz owner comments please

In terms of power the Jazz and Ritz win hands down. However, looking at the torque figures the best drive-ability may come from the Punto/Tata!!

sgiitk2009-08-12 07:55:51

for a small engine like d 1.2 the honda jazz and d hyundai i20 feels too big due to their unlike dimension and are specially not for 1.2's the k series in d ritz may be a good  choice but the tech behind the KAPPA is wat makes i10 like small car with it's 1.2 a smart combosmiley1.gif

its got to be ritz.. i own one for abt a month now and i can say its easily the best petrol car avalable(jazz is equally good though, a touch better maybe but was out of my budget). looking at it i felt the car wouldnt corner well but after driving abt 2000 Km my opinion has changed. its pretty good at corenering as well.. So overall the best package.

The best car  with the 1.2litre engine is The Maruti Ritz. Its K12M 84bhp engine has superb performance and its very close to Honda in  terms of refinement.Super smooth and punchy, Suzuki's K-series engine is the reason enough to buy the Ritz. What we can say is," The Ritz has got what it takes to Blitz itsway to the top of its segments."(Source: AUTOCARINDIA Aug 2009 issue)

dude recently the volkswagen motors have annonced that they are going to launch polo in 2010 !it is a small hatchback & will produce the 150 bhp!& IT COSTS APPROX. 4 TO 6 LAKHS !so good isn't it? 150 bhp in just 6 lacs!CYRUS432009-08-15 11:21:34

I think hyundai i10 kappa

1>engine-1197 with 80bhp

2>Fuel Economy City 14KpL (with AC)

3>small good for congested city

4>workshop network huge

5>spare parts cheap slightly costlier then xing