rajinibm

My experience of trying to CHEAT ME - fiat punto

Really sorry to hear such a horrible incident. Indeed ur experience will allow others (who read this thread) to be even more careful. But even i am surprised if you can't install a non oem audio system.

don't buy it. I know exactly how awful TATA after sales and service is (that phrase is a joke). it's your money, don't waste it. walk away and either wait for the hyundai i10 diesel (expected in Nov) or buy the 1.4 diesel i20 (that's if you want diesels which I prefer). else there are a lot of petrol options. the best revenge against these companies is to deny them a sale. don't buy the damn thing.

I have seen cars with odometers disconnected being used for test drives! In fact was delivered one with the odo still disconnected. I know the car had arrived only two days ago, so did not make too much of a fuss.

Sorry rajni couldnt reply your thread as the server had some networking problems regarding opening of autocar india homepage.Anyways as sg sir said you should ask the Fiat officials regarding the odd 100 kms and i too believe it was used as a test drive vehicle as FIAT doesnt make the test drive variant of Punto 1.2. I think you should strictly show them that you can expose them in front of media and file a case at consumer court if them dont give you details regarding the 100 kms. force them (and dont plead with them) them to give you free accessories like alloys and music system and also tell them to give the official letter written in front of you duly signed by the sales guy and the dealership owner regarding the things that they committed to you by word of mouth.

Hey swift

I had drafted a letter and sent it to TAFE.On saturday i was told they would get this printed and signed and sent back.

After waiting the whole day today, i finally called up TAFE and they say they were busy from morning and not checked themails and would get back!

The car when driven, when i shift gears from first to second and second to third- the car gives a shudder when i change gears for like a second.Its like power going off and coming on.Is this normal in a fiat car?

All the car i have diven i havent experienced this.

Plan to drive around a day or two more before commenting on this.

The 100 kms on the odo-there is no answer from anybody on that.

There is only silence from them.

Rajeev kapoor had mailed in on saturday that he would talk to the dealer on monday and revert back but nothing has happened.

Will wait till tomorrow then see what to do.

yes seth , i have taken del.

Fiat had assured they would give a letter on taking responsibility for the car - yet to come.

But the urgency which was there when i refused to take the car is not there now.

kya karen yaar?these people just refuse to open their mouths and speak out on facts

Look i told you it must have been used as a TD vehicle as these kind of shudder from gear normally doesnt happen with Fiat cars as they have one of the best gearshifts in their segments.Since they have kept mum regarding the odd 100 km it proves that they are trying to hide the truth.Its a good thing that rajeev kapoor mailed you back but did he write specifically that he would talk with the dealer regarding how the odo reading showed 126km from just 26km..Also inform Mr.Rajeev kapoor that you would file a case in consumer court and expose it to the media if your problems are not solved and well explained to you.These European car companies tends to take , us the Indians for a ride....Just keep the Fiat salesguy under pressure..Its your hard earned money, you didnt buy it for free so you have 100% right to know what happened.Plus the RTI Act(22/ 2005) has been formulated.So if you find any discrepancies just threaten them with it.Best Of luck. Just post some pics of your Punto 1.2.Also tell them to write the letter(not a vague one this time!!!) in front of you when you visit their dealership according to your convenience. Take care..

@ Rajanibm

I have gone through all the posts in your thread.  Here Fiat is not at fault its the TATA dealership the culprit. See what I write below.

1. Once the car is registered under your name, its just next to impossible for Fiat to change your car.

2. PDI (Predelivery inspection)  should have been done and you should have noted down the Chassis number and the Engine number & Kms (what you did).  The only problem I see here is the Lethargic behavior of the Sales person. He didn't order the cleaning of the car at right time. This all counts in the good customer service which this particular dealer lacks in. This is one area where FIAT and TATA should work.

With God's grace you car will run comfortably for 3,00,000 kms or more, Why are you worried about just initial 100 kms ?

100 kms can easily be driven if you order a home pickup  & drop of your car for servicing twice. Enjoy the feel of a new car.

Remember my words Mate. "The happiest people are the one who are happy with the things just less then Perfection"

You have gifted this car to your wife so plan out a lovely dinner and celebrate your new purchase. 

Post Delivery inspection:

You are obviously excited about the delivery of your new car, but WAIT! Many have paid a huge price for the resultant haste, and its best to take some necessary precautions before driving away in your new machine.

Team-BHP enlists all that you should check for as a part of the pre-delivery inspection:

Before Registration:

We recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration. Once it is registered in your name, there is little you can do. Check the car manufacturing month/year, especially when buying in the first quarter of any year. Fiat India was notorious for selling cars that have been manufactured up to 18 months earlier. Ascertain that the year of manufacturer is current. If the odometer is disconnected, in all probability, the allocated car has been used as a test-drive vehicle. Also check for any repair jobs / body damage; damage to some cars is inevitable in transit and most repair work is glaringly obvious.

IMPORTANT : Check the tax calculations on the dealership invoice. Overcharging for RTO / octroi / lifetime taxes is a popular scam at many Indian dealerships. Pay only the actual charges due to the authorities and not a rupee more.

Preparations:

1. Confirm: the date of delivery with your dealership. It is best to go there only after the car has been prepared and is ready. If you have a preference for a particular day / time (for auspicious reasons), inform the sales person.

2. Daylight: We recommend accepting delivery in broad daylight, since the dark can conceal a lot. You may also not get good service in the evening since dealership personnel are in a hurry to wrap the day up.

3. Documentation: Ascertain that you carry any required documentation with you. This may include forms, receipts etc.

4. Payments: If any payment formalities are to be completed, carry along the relevant PDC

@rajinibm : Hows your driving experience till now buddy?? We all know 100 km on the odo is unacceptable but looking at the positive side even if it was used for TD your engine will not have had much damage as compared to the amount you might be worrying. God knows if the guy who drove it was a decent guy with a light foot.... so chill dude... congo'z for the car. Go for a drive with your wife. Grab a drink.. Drown the worries

Originally posted by cartoos

Originally posted by swiftvxi06

You are obviously excited about the delivery of your new car, but WAIT! Many have paid a huge price for the resultant haste, and its best to take some necessary precautions before driving away in your new machine.

Team-BHP enlists all that you should check for as a part of the pre-delivery inspection:

Before Registration:

We recommend visiting the dealerships stockyard and checking your car prior to registration. Once it is registered in your name, there is little you can do. Check the car manufacturing month/year, especially when buying in the first quarter of any year. Fiat India was notorious for selling cars that have been manufactured up to 18 months earlier. Ascertain that the year of manufacturer is current. If the odometer is disconnected, in all probability, the allocated car has been used as a test-drive vehicle. Also check for any repair jobs / body damage; damage to some cars is inevitable in transit and most repair work is glaringly obvious.

IMPORTANT : Check the tax calculations on the dealership invoice. Overcharging for RTO / octroi / lifetime taxes is a popular scam at many Indian dealerships. Pay only the actual charges due to the authorities and not a rupee more.

Preparations:

1. Confirm: the date of delivery with your dealership. It is best to go there only after the car has been prepared and is ready. If you have a preference for a particular day / time (for auspicious reasons), inform the sales person.

2. Daylight: We recommend accepting delivery in broad daylight, since the dark can conceal a lot. You may also not get good service in the evening since dealership personnel are in a hurry to wrap the day up.

3. Documentation: Ascertain that you carry any required documentation with you. This may include forms, receipts etc.

4. Payments: If any payment formalities are to be completed, carry along the relevant PDC

You are obviously excited about the delivery of your new car' date=' but WAIT! Many have paid a huge price for the resultant haste, and its best to take some necessary precautions before driving away in your new ........
[/quote']

PLEASE DONT POST AGAIN N AGAIN GUYZ.....ITS CALLED SOMTHING LIKE  "" LITTERING "" in the Forum....

Hey drift' date=' i quoted it becuase cartoos said its for me so i clarified my points...[/quote']

What I am trying to say is you can't go asking for alloy wheels worth Rs 40000/- for car the has been driven extra 100 KM before delivery as suggested by some members. As dealer is offering some freebe's already for 100Km extra and one should get on with life and enjoy. cartoos2009-08-11 11:51:58

Hi Rajinibm, This is my first post.

Your decision to buy a Punto is good since it will serve you for a life time because I believe all the Fiats are built so strong and their technology is one of the best at affordable price. So don't feel that your car is not good. I know it is the dealers who destroy the brand Fiat in India. This badluck chases Fiat faster than a Ferrari.

When I bought my Palio in 2002 I also had a similar experience from the dealer TVS. My new car also had some scratches on the back and the dealer had tried to hide it by polishing. When I asked them about it they told that it was happened in transit from the factory. I didn't take the scratch so serious. The odo was around 100 km. I didn't mind it because I did not want to spoil the happiness of getting the new car. Moreover I believe that a car is meant to be driven in many adverse conditions and scratches can happen anytime at hour hand.

So my personal opinion is don't worry on your selection.I hope your car will prove to be a good companion in your life as my Palio to me. But one thing you can do to avoid further problems is give your car for service to some other better dealer since TAFE can take revenge on you by changing parts.

Enjoy driving Fiat. Forget all the worries. 

But one thing you can do to avoid further problems is give your car for service to some other better dealer since TAFE can take revenge on you by changing parts.

Enjoy driving Fiat. Forget all the worries. 

my goodness. what a bunch of outright thugs. I guess this is TATA for you. poor JRD must be rolling about his grave.