Sign in to follow this  
BKing

Apache Modification

Hi Freinds,

I'm a new member and got some questions regarding TVS Apache.

But first my view on the Apache. "Beauty lies with the Beholder", with that Philosophy, I put forward my set of dislikes & likes on the Apache.

Like most of u, Apache's beauty captured my heart, and I have loved to buy one. But I reserved it till a few changes occur to the bike and have been looking forward to it. But contrary to my expectations, TVS went in for the RTR, which certainly had some very welcome features.

My Dislikes (Apache)
a) Exhaust pipe
B) Consoles
c) Headlight fairing

My Dislikes (Apache RTR)
a) Exhaust pipe
B) Fully Sporty position

c) new tail lamp
d) Exhaust Chamber placement
e) Extra fitted small tail

f) Black alloys & engine

General Questions
a) Is the Apache still available? (I mean is the company still producing it?)
B) Any problem with transmission that any heavy users of Apache have experienced?

I have not yet bought the Bike and I'm still waiting to see my "dream" Apache to roll out or atleast the components to roll out so that I can modify the bike to my hearts content!

Modification needed -

a) Change of Exhaust pipe
I have Zeroed in on Flames Exhaust Pipe, which is sooooo damn Good Looking.

B) Consoles
Definetely the digital meter of the RTR will do! But the Pulsar's console is better, in the sense that, the Speedometer is located on the right. I feel its more comfortable.

c) Headlamp assembly
The present assembly is "unfinished" and it looks like the front end was chopped off. I want a better "finished" assembly. I love Suzuki's B-King headlamp assembly, even Yahama Libero's headlamp promises a lot if worked on it well. The only missing stuff being two "wolf-eyes" in the space available.

d) Grab rails
Grab rails on the Flame is Excellent. I want it for sure!

e) Brake
Pulsar's came with the no-nonsense foot lever which will do its work even if the groud is kissing the exhaust pipe. But the Apache's won't! Even though the RTR comes with a remedy, it cannot be lifted straigh to the Apache.

f) Rear Disk
Since the RTR-EFi is coming with an optional rear disk, I would certainly love to have one included in the modification.

Now over to You people for suggestions including feasibility of the modificatios and a cost analysis. 

Rishad Cooper Ji, I expect a reply form u as well. I know u tooo Love TVS Apache and admire its beauty smiley1.gif

Thanks

Arey yaaron, no one got any suggestion for me or did I post the material in the wrong thread? smiley5.gif

No one got answers for the questions that I raised for the modification? mainly, its feasibility and a rough cost analysis?

Find my comments in Red to your post below....

Hi Freinds' date='

I'm a new member and got some questions regarding TVS Apache.

But first my view on the Apache. "Beauty lies with the Beholder", with that Philosophy, I put forward my set of dislikes & likes on the Apache.

Like most of u, Apache's beauty captured my heart, and I have loved to buy one. But I reserved it till a few changes occur to the bike and have been looking forward to it. But contrary to my expectations, TVS went in for the RTR, which certainly had some very welcome features.

I'm  in love with the Apache too....and the RTR just take it to a all new level!!!

My Dislikes (Apache)
a) Exhaust pipe
B) Consoles
c) Headlight fairing

My Dislikes (Apache RTR)
a) Exhaust pipe
B) Fully Sporty position

c) new tail lamp
d) Exhaust Chamber placement
e) Extra fitted small tail

f) Black alloys & engine

General Questions
a) Is the Apache still available? (I mean is the company still producing it?)

Nope, the company has stopped production of the Apache 150 for quite sometime. And I doubt if any dealer has old stock left with them. Maybe some remote corner of India where the RTR has not yet reached might have the Old Apache...but thats just a guess!

B) Any problem with transmission that any heavy users of Apache have experienced?

My previous room mate has an apache he's done over 22K kms in less than a year....I can tell you one thing...its not a honda gear box in there...but its definitely one of the best around. At times I have a few gear slips while revving it like crazy! But the RTR is even better!

I have not yet bought the Bike and I'm still waiting to see my "dream" Apache to roll out or atleast the components to roll out so that I can modify the bike to my hearts content!

Your dream apache?? The RTR EFI will most probably be the last in line of the Apache lineup. TVS would most probably use a different platform for higher capacity bikes. And incase you are waiting for the RTR EFI, don't wait coz you wont have much options to modify it just yet! FI for bikes is still in a premature stage in India, there are performance additions available for the FI kits in bikes in India.

Modification needed -

a) Change of Exhaust pipe
I have Zeroed in on Flames Exhaust Pipe, which is sooooo damn Good Looking.

Yeah...the flames exhaust looks good....but for a moment just forget about the design perspective and look at it from the functional perspective. The flame's exhaust is supposed to do work on the flame and similarly the Apache's exhaust does work for the Apache. Plus the RTR EFI sounds too good...you'll only mess up the character of the bike if you plonk in the Flame's exhaust. But if you are hell bent on changing your exhaust. I'd say wait for the warranty period to get over and then get your self a custom designed free flow exhaust!

B) Consoles
Definetely the digital meter of the RTR will do! But the Pulsar's console is better, in the sense that, the Speedometer is located on the right. I feel its more comfortable.

Dude....its different...y be one of the crowd? Its just a matter of getting used too. One day of riding will be enough for you to get used console configuration!

c) Headlamp assembly
The present assembly is "unfinished" and it looks like the front end was chopped off. I want a better "finished" assembly. I love Suzuki's B-King headlamp assembly, even Yahama Libero's headlamp promises a lot if worked on it well. The only missing stuff being two "wolf-eyes" in the space available.

I think you want a Pulsar Apache...not possible dude....but u can compromise but putting in the Pulsar headlamp...but Im not so sure about the mounting points...so you will have to see the feasability of that!

d) Grab rails
Grab rails on the Flame is Excellent. I want it for sure!

Sure...if the mounting is same go for it...thank god u dint say you wanted the pulsar grab rails!!!

e) Brake
Pulsar's came with the no-nonsense foot lever which will do its work even if the groud is kissing the exhaust pipe. But the Apache's won't! Even though the RTR comes with a remedy, it cannot be lifted straigh to the Apache.

AFAIK, the RTR levers have been specifically designed for peg scrapping....and it will easily be much better compared to the pulsars. And why in heavens sake do you want to remove those beautiful RTR levers and put in fugly pulsar levers????

f) Rear Disk
Since the RTR-EFi is coming with an optional rear disk, I would certainly love to have one included in the modification.

Sure...very much possible....but you would have to change you rear wheel and swingarm for that.....assuming that you buy a non disk one...just but the one that comes with a disk yaar!!! 

Now over to You people for suggestions including feasibility of the modificatios and a cost analysis. 

Rishad Cooper Ji, I expect a reply form u as well. I know u tooo Love TVS Apache and admire its beauty smiley1.gif

Thanks

[/quote'] praful_tripathy2007-11-02 15:15:01

Find my comments in Red to your post below....

I'm  in love with the Apache too....and the RTR just take it to a all new level!!!

but for me' date=' who is not a racer kinda guy, the RTR took me to a lower level. First and foremost being its sportier riding stance. Combined with a clip-on handle bar, it wud be taking a heavy toll on the arms & shoulders on a long ride. 

my preference for a bike is that It should Look simply Great!, give decent economy and give comfortable riding position. Cut-throat power is not on the top of my list and 13.5bhp on Apache was good enogh for me. It doesn't mean that I would be complaining if the Apache was coming with a 15.7bhp RTR-EFI engine. After all who doesn't like that extra power.smiley1.gif

Nope, the company has stopped production of the Apache 150 for quite sometime. And I doubt if any dealer has old stock left with them. Maybe some remote corner of India where the RTR has not yet reached might have the Old Apache...but thats just a guess!

oh, so the only option might be a 2nd hand bike?  

Your dream apache?? The RTR EFI will most probably be the last in line of the Apache lineup. TVS would most probably use a different platform for higher capacity bikes. And incase you are waiting for the RTR EFI, don't wait coz you wont have much options to modify it just yet! FI for bikes is still in a premature stage in India, there are performance additions available for the FI kits in bikes in India.

The thought that RTR EFi wud be the last thing is the sadest thing, B'coz it would meant the original Apache design will be gone for ever and will only be available in sportier version. In my view, original Apache looked stunning from the side with its panels and the black & white combo of engine & exhaust gave it a real good Look. I love it!

Yeah...the flames exhaust looks good....but for a moment just forget about the design perspective and look at it from the functional perspective. The flame's exhaust is supposed to do work on the flame and similarly the Apache's exhaust does work for the Apache.

RTR's exhaust looks unfinished and "touched-up" in a hurry. As for the functional perspective, wont the Flames exhaust do the job with some tweaking? 

But my question regarding the fitment of the same on the Apache remains unsolved. maybe for the answer I must wait till Flame is launched?

Plus the RTR EFI sounds too good...you'll only mess up the character of the bike if you plonk in the Flame's exhaust. But if you are hell bent on changing your exhaust. I'd say wait for the warranty period to get over and then get your self a custom designed free flow exhaust!

ok.but, how about tuning the Flames exhaust?

Dude....its different...y be one of the crowd? Its just a matter of getting used too. One day of riding will be enough for you to get used console configuration!

Actually I love the console of RTR, its just that I wanted the speedo on the right side. But as u say, a few hours of ride might change it. Done! 

But how about fitting it on the Apache, what all problems and shortcoming likely to come-up?

I think you want a Pulsar Apache...not possible dude....but u can compromise but putting in the Pulsar headlamp...but Im not so sure about the mounting points...so you will have to see the feasability of that!

no, I just want a more finished headlamp assembly. Pulsar's havn't been the best, but still better than the Apache's. 

Sure...if the mounting is same go for it...thank god u dint say you wanted the pulsar grab rails!!!

thats what i wanted to see, if there will be any compatibility issue.

AFAIK, the RTR levers have been specifically designed for peg scrapping....and it will easily be much better compared to the pulsars. And why in heavens sake do you want to remove those beautiful RTR levers and put in fugly pulsar levers????

hey, i dnt say i want a pulsar's lever. I was mentioning about the utility of those levers compared to those found on Apache & Flame.

Sure...very much possible....but you would have to change you rear wheel and swingarm for that.....assuming that you buy a non disk one...just but the one that comes with a disk yaar!!!

Any rough estimate on the cost involved for rear disk brake as well as to put a petal disk up front?