driftpunk

Fuel efficiency figures

Here we are...confronting the reality... companies claim..consumers complain.... yess..i'm talking about the mileage of your vehicle...smiley2.gif ..  This is the topic started to share our real life experiences of the mileage of our vehicles... Please mention your vehicle and its mileage .. in CITY and on Highway Roads...

..any other additional information is most welcome...

-- HARRY-- The Drift Star.... 

I used to get 15 Kmpl for my Fiat Petra 1.9 D with A.C on. I used to fill Indianoil Extramile diesel.

I used to get 14 Kmpl for my VW Polo 1.4L MPI sedan when I was in Europe, without A.C, using normal 91 Octane petrol.

Now I get 13.6 Kmpl for my Yaris 1.5L VVTi sedan in Australia, without A.C, using normal 91 Octane petrol.

All the figures are average of city and highway drives

I love my Fiat Petrasmiley27.gif the most, among the cars I have ever owned. I don't know the reason why I love it even I have driven the cars from world's two top  selling  brands. It may be the "Power Delivery" as the great Fiat fan Cyrus bhai mentioned in one of his posts sometime back.

Sorry for being out of topic.

jimgeo2009-08-10 14:10:16

@ jimgeo: Yeah buddy ..one thing i've noticed too...FIAT cars give outright power .. My Fiat Siena never makes me feel down when i need power. My brother owns Lancer Petrol....and take my word.. its YUKK to drive. Kinda makes me feel as if i'm dragging the whole thing with me. But I drove another friends Hyundai Accent Executive.... dude it was AWESUM... smoothest car in lower sedan segment...

I get 13+  with 70/ ac in city and 17+ on the highway with 100/ ac in mu city gxi

I also get 14 in city and 20 on the highway in my indica V2 with 50./' ac

My dad easily manages to get 20 percent more on the highways

Japan

toyota corolla -1999 1.3 AT -8km/l (city),10km/l (expressway) with ac

daihatsu move -2009 660cc AT -10km/l(city) ,13km/l (expressway) with ac

delhi's traffic conditions are bad so no petrol car can average more than 11 kmpl...

zen and corolla- 10 kmpl with a/c and 11-12 kmpl w/o a/c....

my corolla averaged close to 16 kmpl on our last highway drive !!!!

Fuel efficiency of all my cars:

(1.)Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi giving 17.5km/pl overall , (city 14.9km/pl and in highway  19.8km/pl with 100% ac.)

(2.)Mahindra Scorpio (Type 2) 2.6 Slx CRDe gives 12km/pl overall (12km/pl in city and 14km/pl highway,)

(3.)Maruti Swift Dzire ZDi giving 17kmpl overall,

(4.)HyundaiVerna CRDi 16km/pl overall,

(5.)Maruti Alto LXi giving 17 km/pl overall,

(6.)Maruti SX4 VXi giving 12 km/pl overall,

(7.)Honda City (Type 2) GXi giving 15km/pl overall,

(8.)Maruti Esteem LXi giving 16 km/pl overall...

(9.)Hyundai Santro Xing XS giving 15km/pl overall

(10.)Maruti 800 AC giving 16km/pl

(11.)Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS giving 14km/pl overall

(12.)Maruti Zen VX giving 15km/pl overall.

count it yourself buddy.. 12 cars. My father has an advertising agency and we live in a joint family and i take care of all the cars.. we dont have chauffeurs for our cars. all cars driven by family members..My other uncles are in merchant navy(capt), British airways cargo head(now retd), World Bank Senior Manager. and one of my brothers has a real estate business at London,UK. He owns Merc S500, BMW 530D, Honda Accord 3.0 V6, Volvo S80 D5. and Mitsubishi Montero 3.2 CRDi GLX. swiftvxi062009-08-12 07:21:09