driftpunk

Fuel efficiency figures

I went from chandigarh to ludhiana in my new ANHC. Just bought it 3 days back.

HERE IS THE SNAPSHOT OF MY FUEL EFFICIENCY...... PINCH YOURSELF IF YOU CANT BELIEVE....

smiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif

image156o.jpg

pinch yourself again... it says 26.7 kmpl. actually it was 26.9 kmpl , but i was late a fraction second to click that...CYRUS432009-09-28 17:13:09

HERE IS THE SNAPSHOT OF MY FUEL EFFICIENCY...... PINCH YOURSELF IF YOU CANT BELIEVE....

image156o.jpg

pinch yourself again... it says 26.7 kmpl. actually it was 26.9 kmpl ' date=' but i was late a fraction second to click that...[/quote']

Dear friend i think you might be going little wrong, similar stuff had happened wit me.

let me explain.

My car has 2 modes to check average.

1) This mode shows the current average which changes immediately as per driving conditions.

(you cannot reset this, and it will go up to 30kmpl or even as low as 7kmpl if you race hard) but this is just the average at a particular moment ignoring the past average.

2) This mode will tell you the actual overall average your car is giving

(if u reset this to 0 on a tank full, you will know the exact average your car gave after the tank full) 

So i think this might be the 1st mode which is showing u this kinda average.

Congrats for ur new car :-)

How ever I do not say that this kind of average is not possible but at the same time its extremely difficult to achieve.

hi all............

i have i20 petrol

on local drive it gives maximum of 14 KMPL  but on highway it comes to its real position... highway without AC its 17.5 + KMPL... & with AC it ranges in between 16 to 17KMPL.  not a bad FE as per its weight + space .... BUT AT A SPEED IN BETWEEN 65 to 80 KMPH...

Maruti-suzuki zen 2004- for first few years (when only I use to drive it) it gave a city-average of around 18 ALWAYS! I always used to fill 10l (xtra premium Indian oil) and used to refuel only after it has run 180 kms, not don

oh man' date=' 8 kmpl in city -> Elantra , mighty on pocket..![/quote']  If you hear of the FE of Fabia 1.4 petrol Elegance you'll probably swoon; hold your breath 5 kmpl City; no wonder Skoda discontinued this engine option. Info is reliable as it is owned by a relative of mine who lives in a small town called Kumbakonam, with narrow streets, in Tamilnadu. City FE for Chennai howers around 8 kmpl. Durango Dude2009-09-30 06:26:31

image156o.jpg

pinch yourself again... it says 26.7 kmpl. actually it was 26.9 kmpl ' date=' but i was late a fraction second to click that...[/quote']

Dear friend i think you might be going little wrong, similar stuff had happened wit me.

let me explain.

My car has 2 modes to check average.

1) This mode shows the current average which changes immediately as per driving conditions.

(you cannot reset this, and it will go up to 30kmpl or even as low as 7kmpl if you race hard) but this is just the average at a particular moment ignoring the past average.

2) This mode will tell you the actual overall average your car is giving

(if u reset this to 0 on a tank full, you will know the exact average your car gave after the tank full) 

So i think this might be the 1st mode which is showing u this kinda average.

Congrats for ur new car :-)

How ever I do not say that this kind of average is not possible but at the same time its extremely difficult to achieve.

This is what happens when you don't have full Multi Information Display like  other cars.

In linea it display 3 ways

1. IC = instant consumption, which shows instant fuel consumption from 1 upto 50 depends on the speed.

2. ACA = average consumption for trip A

3. ACB = average consumption for trip B

Guys I got a mileage of 15.4 kmpl In my altis, this is the highest ever mileage any of my cars gave.

The mileage i get in the city is 7-8kmpl and it was double on highway..

Rather i should say i managed to squeez such a mileage because i was driving very carefully avoiding unnecessary accleratoin and braking, was tryin to maintain a constant speed of 80kmph but at times got bored and started driving at 120 :-P

So has anyone achieved such a mileage in altis?

If you go on a long drive do try to get the best mileage lets c whts the best this car can give

@Kushal Goenka: My Elantra is not far off from the mileage of the Altis. I get around 7-8 kmpl in the city. But on highway, I find it extremely difficult to maintain 80 kmph then you get overtaken by Amby taxi's, I maintain something between 110-120kmph and I get around 11-12kmpl.

Dear Friends,

I am getting 11 to 11.6 km/l on my i10 automatic with 100% AC ON in city driving conditions. The quoted is 12 km/l with AC ON for city and 14 km/l with AC ON for highways.

Guys, lets have this thread to share our mileage we get in our Car, as it could be of immense use to new car buyers

If possible adhere to this format (City / HighWay) kmpl

Starting with mine,

Chevy Spark - 14/ 18 with 100% AC

creativebala2010-01-27 06:24:05

speed does effect on mileage..smiley1.gif. in normal driving conditions @ a speed of 60 to 70 KMPH the fuel efficency goes up..... even in case of my Hyundai i20 Magna.... i am getting 16 to 17 KMPL when i drive @ 60 to 70 KMPH.... but this figure goes down if i try to drive @ 80+ KMPH...

Once when i was going to buy ANHC, the TD guy told me that how you attain a speed matters alot. And when you maintain the speed constant you get a good fuel efficiency. I have driven my ANHC to speed 180 (couldnt go further up because of the traffic on the Expressway ) and I maintained that speed and the instantaneous fuel-o-meter kept showing something around 16 kmpl which i would consider is pretty ok .driftpunk2010-01-27 14:15:03