avneesh

Honda City V version

I am planning to buy Honda City S version by end of Auf or Sept start. I have heard that Honda is going to launch its V version in Oct (near Diwali). Please let me know if there are going to be any cosmetic changes or just the Add-ons like Alloys,Leather seats,Fog Lamps,etc.(just like in Civic V)?smiley5.gif

Im too planning to go in for the ANHC... I would like to know if there will certainly be any changes to the existing model... As the car is very new to the market, im sure there would be no cosmetic changes...

If they happen to add goodies, the price will shoot up to civic territory...

Honda will increase price if it adds even a single 'goody'.

Its always wiser to wait when there are changes due in a model, specially when the waiting period is as less as 1-2 months.

New series Honda Citysmiley35.gif

Expected launch date: End-september.

Models:

S M/T

V M/T

V A/T Changes:

all 3 models feature improved plastic quality

all 3 varients get a new full rotary shaped AC blower speed knob

new colours

S A/T is discontinued V models gain in addition to S:

15" alloy wheels normal 5 spoke design

front fog lamps

chrome interior and exterior door handles

leather upholstery* * will be confirmed closer to launch, rest info is correct.

New Civic Facelift

Expected launch date: 16/ 17 september.

models:

S M/T

V M/T

V A/T changes:

new oval fog lights (in V models only)

new front bumper

new bold grill design

round parking taillights are now hexagonal

new 5 spoke alloy wheel design

stiffer rear suspension

addition of USB port in addition to standard aux-in port

deleted: 6 CD changer in-dash, leaving only single MP3 CD player

audio controls will remain on the rear armrest, not on the steering wheel.

new colours. all models will have a nominal price increase.

The only sh*tty thing about this is that no matter what the changes are worth, we will definately see a price increase from Honda. That is a certainty regardless of the actual value of the goodies added/deleted.

The V model of H city will retail close to 12lakhs which ain't good for car of 8lakhs segment .THe civic will suffer here as the new city is as much able as civic.also the facelift of civic isn't that great looking.

The V model of H city will retail close to 12lakhs which ain't good for car of 8lakhs segment .THe civic will suffer here as the new city is as much able as civic.also the facelift of civic isn't that great looking.

I dont think it will be 12 lakhs. Here in delhi it is about 8.7 lakh otr, expected increase will be of 50000 so that takes the price of city to 9.2 lakhs for the v variant.

I have got another interesting view. My cousin brother who works in car loans section of a reputed private bank told me that price of S-MT are actually gonna go down, so as not to cannibalise civic. Otherwise the AT variant of city will come at the same price as civic base, and those who are not chauffeur driven will prefer an city automatic thats fully loaded than civic base variant. This seems appropriate considering what dzire did to sx4 vxi.

He expects city s-mt to be for 8.5 otr and v-mt for 9.0 otr while the automatic to against the J variant of altis rahul18102009-08-20 14:20:56

Well the honda original alloys itself cost 50k so price difference will be about 70-90k atleast on road price for S varient is 9.6lakhs in Mumbai add some 80k to it and it comes to 10.5k and if its automatic add more.