1-Testosterone

Chevrolet Captiva or Ford Endeavor?

I'm planning to go for SUV early next year. Should I go with Ford Endeavor (Latest Model) or should I wait for Chevrolet Captiva?

Is there anything which Captiva has and Endeavor lacks or there are more or less same?

I'm looking for Diesel SUV so Grand Vitara and CRV is out of contention.

If you are looking for something comfortable than wait for the Captiva. On the Endy, the seats are placed low on the floor making them uncomfortable. The ride is stiff. However, it handles really well for its size.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-11-02 12:09:37

FRIEND!

i think you should wait for CAPTIVA , since ford's after sales is poor and maintenance is quit high. CHEVY provide low maintenance vehicles(i own one). Captiva is worth waiting as it has got juicy looks and some advancements but a pricey car around 20lacs!!!!!!

I'm planning to go for SUV early next year. Should I go with Ford Endeavor (Latest Model) or should I wait for Chevrolet Captiva?

Captiva looks better' date=' by shedding the Boxy image of the Endeavor. Captiva would be earning you Pleasent smiles rather than a Serious look where ever you take it. So, over to u as far as looks Go. I certainly Love the Captiva. Its just that I can't afford one at this moment smiley19.gif 

Is there anything which Captiva has and Endeavor lacks or there are more or less same?

In terms of  how much a Manufacturer is serious about a market and adhering to its standards can be seen from the detailed changes that a manufacturer incorporates in its vehicles.

When considering that, Ford have learnt its leassons (due to an earlier case) and changed their attitude (but M&M have not..! smiley7.gif) and is folowing the standard which can be seen in the Endeavor as well - The Wiper is on the left and Headlight controls are on the right, something that I missed on the Chevy's Captiva.

I'm looking for Diesel SUV so Grand Vitara and CRV is out of contention.

So go in for the Captiva....it got a smaller capacity engine but pumps out almost the same power as the Endeavour and Torque is not that behind. This surely is going to make u get to longer distance than an Endeavour*

*depends on various parameters smiley1.gif

As far as ride is concerned, I feel Ford is sure to have some problems cornering due to its rather bulky stance, Maybe hardcore users can put their experience. On the off-road side, I wonder how many of the guys really take their precious vehicles to real off-roading to have a cliff-hanger feel??

Captiva It will be. I'm hoping that GM keep it under 18 lacs while 15-16 would be perfect.

Actually for me, it's not serious off-roading.....the road from Amritsar-Pathankot is in shambles with hundreds of potholes welcoming you and I travel more often through this highway. This pot-holed highway virtually kills car suspension and low ground clearence of Honda cars further aggreviates this.

Sadly the best of the lot, namely the Toyota Fortuner never made it to India, six cylinder 178bhp diesel engine with great road clearance and excellent off road ability. Shame on Toyota India marketing for not bringing this fine vehicle down to India. In Philippines its a hit, I drove my brother in law's and it was love at first shift. Toyota refinement and true 4WD at a price below Rs. 16lakh is indeed a catch for sure.

Yup. I have heard great things about Toyota Fortuner. It was about to get launched in India but for some reason Toyota pulled it back, I don't know why? Hell, top end version of it would have given X-Trail a serious run for it's survival!

yea the TOYOTAS and Hondas are faar faar better than the Ford or the chevy but the Hondas CRV comes only in petrol engine. and the saddest thing is that what gurkha said toyota never came up with thier SUV

for poor roads we actually need a new type of car

SUV's don't ride and handle well enough

so we need a car with a raised suspension - even more than 180mm

SX4 is good but stiff

this car, probably with automatic dampers would take well to the road

If you want comfort, the Captiva makes for a better choice than the Endeavour. The Endeavour with its leaf-spring suspension is stiff and tuned more towards handling than ride. The high floor makes the middle seats uncomfortable over longer distances and the last row is practically useless.

The Captiva is much better at comfort, it rolls about a bit and ride may not be the best, but it still a lot better than the Endeavour.

Wait for it is my suggestion.

FRG

In the Endeavour's defence, it can be taken off the road for moderate environments as long as one has the 4WD version with proper H/T or AT off road tires. I seriously doubt that ability in the Captiva.