swiftvxi06

Toyota Fortuner Launch on 24th August

toyota_fortuner_facelift.jpg

After several delays and announcements, Toyota will finally launch the much awaited Fortuner SUV in the Indian market on 24th August.

Expected to be priced at Rs 20-22 Lakh bracket, the latest from Toyota stable will take the competition from Chevrolet Captiva, Ford Endeavour, Mitsubishi Outlander and Honda CR-V head on.

toyota-fortuner-interior.jpg

Built on the Toyota

Thats good news for luxury car buyers.

The dash looks too similar to Innova's dash. Quality might be great but the design theme could have been changed. How would someone feel when he's paying double the amount of an Innova and getting a similar dash..!!

Thanks speed. Ya price for Fortuner is just too much.But for a toyota car i hope people would be willing to pay that much as its going to be a no nonsense SUV and it would be a niche in its segment. I hope its real world rival would be the Chevy Captiva as Honda Cr-V and Mitsubishi Outlander doesnt come with a diesel engine in the Indian market.Plus it would be foolish to compare  Toyota Fortuner with a full fledged muscular SUV like Ford Endeavour TDCi.They should price it in the 18-20lakhs range.Iteriors similar to Innova as both are based on the IMV Platform.......REJOICE INDIAN CONSUMERS, OUR LONG WAIT FOR THE TOYOTA  FORTUNER IS FINALLY OVER..... smiley17.gifsmiley32.gif

swiftvxi062009-08-12 07:32:55

Nice car by toyota but costly in india. In thailand its price stats from 11 lakhs onwards

thanks sandy

I find it laughable that Indians pay more than double for this car. What do we get here for 11 lacs? an innova.

I just noticed that it makes max power at 3400 rpm!! Did you notice that? That's gonna be the lowest ive seen ever! Only the torque should help..Lets see how it fares though..only an ACI road test can confirm it

The Innova style interiors are big let down and Captiva's interiors are any day better. And @Swiftvxi, Fortuner is hardcore SUV like Endy and not a soft roader like CRv or Outlander. Its a full blown 4x4 Suv rather than no-nonsense Suv.

Interiors are a big letdown but this one is going to sell on other parameters. 1st it being a Toyota & backed by legendary reliability & 2nd having good credentials of being an SUV.

Still I would have loved a price tag of ~ 15L but most certainly Toyota would price it close to 20L because it knows it will get buyers(in hordes) for that sum!

Its the same story whether its a "Haanda" or a "Toyeta" smiley36.gif

This should have been priced somewhere around 15-18L. 20L+is a bit too much! Endy will continue to rule the real SUV market. Kinshuk2009-08-13 18:58:59