vikramsv

Best Tyres for santro

Hi, I have a 2001 model Santro GS and it has run 73K kms. Now i need to change my tyres as they have been completely worn out. I want to upsize as well since the stock tyres came with 155/70. Request you to advice me on the best upsize and tyre brand. I have looked at the Potenza 175/60.

Hello

Well if budget is not a constraint you could go in for Michelin tyres or yokohama.

Have used both of them & I am very happy with their performance.

For upgrades for tyres

155/70-13

165/65-13 175/60-13 185/60-13

Do not go for 14 inches as that will only make the ride very uncomfortable WRT suspension.

You could also PM kpzen aka Prajesh ( Our very own tyre GURU) for further details.

Thanks

Have a nice time a head.

You can choose from a wide variety of car tyres available. You should always go for a quality and good performing tyre. I have been using CEAT tyres in my Santro for many years. I am amazed by the performance. These tyres are the combination of Traction, Control and Confidence and can provide a wonderful driving experience in terms of performance, grip, tyre noise and wear.

+1 to that. Ceat has also lost their competitive edge in pricing -- we hardly see any cars with Ceat supplied OEM tyres anymore.

Also, the thread starter is nowhere to be seen - I think we can close this thread or merge it with the Tyre Guide

All this is fine. Considering that the performance of the Santro is no great shakes, I will go a small distance - Bridgestone Donut Tubeless! I know I am not sounding like a great motor enthusiast but then I am a practical person.

TOPIC MOVED to Indian Cars

sgiitk2009-11-11 11:29:19

@FRG - There should be lettering on the sidewall that says "tube type" or "tubeless".

Some tyre dealers try to sell tyres with "tube type" on the sidewall as tubeless ones. They fit them without tubes and there is no leakage. But I'm not quite sure how safe this practice is.

I've noticed this with a couple of brands in particular - Ceat and Goodyear. We need to get answers on how safe/unsafe this practice is.

@FRG - There should be lettering on the sidewall that says "tube type" or "tubeless".

Some tyre dealers try to sell tyres with "tube type" on the sidewall as tubeless ones. They fit them without tubes and there is no leakage. But I'm not quite sure how safe this practice is.

I've noticed this with a couple of brands in particular - Ceat and Goodyear. We need to get answers on how safe/unsafe this practice is.

Yeah dtandon I know that they have those telltale markings. I was only replying to christin.shelly on the statement that tubeless tyres look better.

Yes passing off tubetypes as tubeless is resorted to by some dealers. Please don't fall for it. A tubeless tyre is clearly marked.

dtandon I also noticed that one of my Safari's Elanzo's was marked tubetype, but was running as tubeless. It was too late to go fight with the shopkeeper. So it runs as a spare.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-14 13:57:18

tyre dealers try to sell tyres with "tube type" on the sidewall as tubeless ones

Can any one throw some light on this.

To my knowledge, ordinary tyres has a tube inside that has a mouth in which we fill air

but how can we fill air in a ordinary tyre with out tube, as there won't be any mouth to fill air

Tubeless tyres use a valve neck that fits onto the Rim and the air is then held between the tyre carcass and the rim.

Sometimes tyre dealers with use this valve neck instead of the inner tube and fit the "tube type" tyre just like they would have fitted a tubeless one.