gedijunction

Iconic VW Beetle Coming to India in November!

I think the introduction of the Beetle in India will be symbolic rather than any serious attempt to ensure large sales. I don't think Indians will go in for it, particularly as it is a two-door car with an air-cooled engine (unless they have switched to a water-cooled one). Perhaps, young working women may opt for it in the beginning. That's all, in my opinion.

thanx for it but we knew it already for your kind info the volkswagen beetle will be placed of rupees 21 lakhs & it will be categorised as a premium compact mini sedan!& for us the volkswagen polo is also coming which costs 4 to 6 lacs!for more info visit http://carmania.in/< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

Even in the world markets, the New Beetle is considered as an  as a mid priced car and is not so commonly seen on the streets as the Beetle of yore used to be. The older Beetle was an iconic people's car. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Come the New Beetle here in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />India, we may see a few here and there as buyers would prefer buying the Honda Accord or the Toyota Camry and even the Skoda Superb for that price tag. Only true blue New Beetle fans here will buy this car.

anjan_c20072009-08-15 12:03:40

Give me the money and I will surely buy it.

Some decisions are made with mind and some with heart.

So for 21 lakhs, it will be beetle for me when i will have the money.

*SIGH* i don't have the money. smiley19.gif

"VW-Beetle-Yellow-400%5B1%5D.jpg is an iconic brand and people know more about the car than Volkswagen. It will be brought to Indian as a completely built unit," Volkswagen India (Passenger car) Board of Directors, Member Neeraj Garg said.

According to industry experts 'Beetle' would compete with 'Fiat 500' and likely to be in the price range of Rs 15 lakh

The car could be, 2.5L, 150 @ 5,000 BHP, 5-cylinder, in-line engine
creativebala2009-09-29 06:49:04

The news is, its going to come to India shortly, so it is a part of  Indian car scene.

If I talk about Mini cooper in this segment, you can say it is not a part of  Indian car scene. But 500 is in sales in India, and Beetle shortly.

Is your definition of  Indian car scene. is confined only to Indian made and CKDs, if so , you need to move tonnes of threads to International Scene.
creativebala2009-09-29 07:16:32

THREADS MERGED.

Cyrus, this thread starter tried to promote his Blogspot . My Info was from Economic times. Say which is reliable, there is no word of November officially anywhere, atleast delete november part.

How can he get a news before two months, which VW officials say yesterday. Is he VW's CEO.
creativebala2009-09-29 07:27:42