FeNoX

Special Edition Alto Flash.....Why?

I visited this showroom to enquire about Alto, and they have this Special Edition "Alto Flash" variant available with which they're givin away accesories worth 18,500/-. Now that model is costlier by the nearest regular Alto Version (the priciest one) by just 1000/- (comparing their on road prices,in Pune where I stay)

Now I have the following questions....

1.  Why would there be a need of launching the best selling car in a special edition version too? Surely they dun need a boost in sales.

2. Theyz givin away a stuff worth lot more for just 1000/- extra,(which most people who are capable of buying a car,can and will definitely pay) and in spite of that, all the units have not been sold till now (at the time of typing this in fact)....Considering the fact that their ads have "Offer Valid Till Stocks Last" printed on em, and it's been a month since the model's been launched (enough time for a little number of a highly popular car to get sold)...why is it still available?

3.  This actually brings me to my REAL QUESTION.....

Are they tryin to get rid of their defective units (produced,no doubt after some technical error) by givin away these goodies?

Sorry I dunno a lotta car-freak's-lingo cuz I dunno a lot bout car buyin as I get kinda troubled of technical stuff (in spite of readin all these car magazines!)....yet I hope someone answers my queries, coz I ain't the type of person who buys car after car, and need some genuine advice on this thang.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies!

:)

Hi Fenox, presently there are discounts on most car's across Companies & segments. I read adverts. on discounts on Alto also. So, Suzuki is probably giving a special edition instead of the discount. There are people who prefer cash discount in lieu of extra features & that is why probably the "flash" version is not moving from showrooms.

About your real question, I don't think they are trying to push defective stuff here!

some time back swift limited addition was declared but i have not seen a single one of them on road.i had even enquired with the dealer even they did not have one.i think maruti never supplied that edition.

Hey guys let me tell you that i own a 2008 Alto celebration special edition.It has features of now discontinued Alto VXi  like front electric power windows, Internally adjustable ORVMS(L/R),Body colored bumpers,Full wheel covers,Body garphics,Chrome grill garnish etc. Maruti doesnt introduce these so called special editions rather the dealer told me that the company informs the dealers to make these editions themselves like they justfit the electric windows, ORVMS, paint the bumpers etc as per company directions and then sell them. Its a marketing strategy at local level to boost its sales figures further. And the Alto Flash is not different either.The other reason is that you won

I don't think Maruti will even think of selling defective pieces like this... These days a lot of discounts are going on alto so do checkout before making any decision