rithu09in

Neon/ blue fog lights on Santro

Hi,

My Santro does not have fog lights. Was thinking of getting one... coz i heard that during long drives it serves well... What's your opinion about Neon/Blue fog lights on a Santro. Is the visibility better than the company provided fog lights ?

Company fog lamps are white. If you look at the wavelength the longer the wavelength the less the scattering (by fog particles). Thus Blue (short wavelength) is Bad, Yellow and Red should be Ok. However, there may be legal issues with Red. Just remember the rainbow V(iolet), IBGYOR(ed). It goes from short to long wavelength.

You may have noted that in dense fog the white fog-lights appear yellowish.

No idea of the price (I guess about 3k). I had bargained with the dealer to put in the OEM lights in my Santro Automatic as part of the deal.

With modern halogens fog lights are required only in the densest of fogs, so they are more often than not  a statement and not utilitarian.

Fog lamps are fitted low on the front bumper.Even if there is no fog and you're on a bad patch, you can put on the fog lights and the potholes and craters will appear clearer with a very very good 3D effect- much like Google Earth imageries. Helps in safer driving even if there is no fog or mist  and aids the headlights in sighting the road better. FOG LIGHTS ARE A MUST FOR LONG DISTANCE DRIVERS - an insurance of sorts.