CYRUS43

JAGUAR Bombay:The Best Customer Service experience

I would like to share with everyone a very good experience I had at Jaguar Bombay today.

A Friend of mine will shortly be picking up a Jag XF/XFR and he had been raving about the car for a while now. The other day, he urged me to have a look at the cars myself. So today, I found some time to actually go and find out what he had been raving all about.

I walk in to the showroom, and this really nice looking girl immediately comes up to me and asks me whether she can be of any assistance. I tell her that I am waiting for a Mr.XXXXX who is a customer service representative for Jag. She asks me to take a seat, and whether I would like something to drink. I politely decline and walk around the showroom.

First things First, the showroom is brilliant. Very open with Huge windows and on the whole a very open atmosphere. I love it. I eye the Range Rover Vogue standing in the corner with envy...ohh I wish I had one!...Anyways, I do a walk around of the car, and honestly, am not very impressed. Yes, its a beautiful car et all but somehow surprisingly, I didn't like it much. Maybe it was that wine red color which I am not very fond of. The person I went to the showroom with though, a friend of mine is extremely excited. She has NEVER seen a Jaguar before, and has never experienced all this luxury and flair. Still waiting for the girl to come back.....

...and She does, with the key... "Sir, Mr.XXXXX is out as of now. Can I give you an overview of the car instead?" I agree.. She asks me to take a seat in the car and asks my friend to hop in to the passenger seat(her smile was worth photographing). She asks me If I know the Jaguar Handshake. She asks me to start the car, and when the gear knob comes up, the way you grip it, apparently is called the Jaguar Handshake. The Interiors are impressive, but not as impressive as they appeared on Top Gear with James May Behind the wheel. The AC vents Come up, and the Ac comes on. The Motion is Brilliant, very impressive. She asks me to floor her, and naturally I agree. The Nice V8 comes to life.... A 4.2 n/a V8 petrol: 0-60mph in 6.2 secs (0-100kph in 6.5 secs) smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

The car sounds nice, though I expect more Grunt from a V8. And the interior is too luxurious for my taste. I love Reds and Blacks and Brushed aluminium and Carbon fiber.   Im not at all a fan of Stupid Wood Veneers and beige leather. I prefer the XF-R's interior better. After all, ut does have splashes of Red all over it.

Anyways, lets get back to the customer service experience. The girl is shocked to see me unimpressed with all the luxury, and immediately starts talking about the customisation options. Whoever this girl was, she was very very well versed about the engine and transmission options in all models including the LR ones. We ended the visit with a brief run through of the XF-R exterior differences as compared to the Standard XF.

On the Whole, I must say, It was the BEST customer service experience ever. I wish someone from JLR/TATA reads this and actually congratulates that Girl who served me. I have NEVER been brimmed with soo much information about a particular car. The Mercedes Experience seemed so dry as compared to this.

@Cyrus: You should have posted that girls name and drop a appreciation email to Tata's.

How I wish Tata's can train similarly their Tata / Fiat dealers. Recently I took my cousin to their Noida showroom to see Linea & Punto. The sales person kept us waiting for more than half an hour, as he was busy on the computer and nobody else bothered to attend us.

@Cyrus: You should have posted that girls name and drop a appreciation email to Tata's.
I too agree on this. An email should be sent to Tata regarding the Girl.

No. It wasnt the whole "attractive girl" part, its the fact that the customer service representative was so well versed with all Jag Models, new and OLD, and all other cars in the similar price range too.

Congratulate the girl and most importantly i think every showroom should have good customer service and this is one main point in maintaining reputation of a company (See FIAT). TATA has both the extremes-the best at Jag and the worst on the Fiat side. I pray FIAT's fortunes shine! Please Tata give FIAT what it deserves!