CYRUS43

AUTOCAR SCOOP: Chevrolet BEAT.

Thanks Cyrus and Sumit for the nice pictures.

Front looks great. Interior is uninviting. Then the rear door handles on the quarter glass is a copy of Alfa Romeo.Back is not so appealing to me may be because of the round shapes in the tail lamp cluster. 

I'm planning to buy a new car. My budget is abt 5 lacs. I have zeroed in for Chevy U-VA Techno and I-10. Can zny one help me out in telling me the pros and cons of these choices. Or shouild I wait till the launch of Chevy Beat (seen the photos) looks great.CYRUS432009-08-16 06:54:15

The Rear Windscreen is small which can lead to poor Rear Visibility. The Black Stuff should be removed from Rear Windscreen to make the Visibility Better.

The rear is yuck. Looks like 1st Gen santro rear with weirdier lights. Interiors too aint that great. Wheel caps look extremely cheap.

One question : why choose this over i10 and others. i10 looks better has better interiors and good engine, better A.S.S.

You are entitled to your personal opinion, but that does not change facts. These Pics are the First ever taken of the car without any body masking in India and luckily they were taken by an Autocar Reader. So yes, they do warrant a new Thread.

The car in itself is beautiful......I think it would give the A-star good competition but i expect i10 to still rule the division.

The interiors are a bit dull but chevy will probably put in the current favourite beige interiors in to spice it up. It has been quite popular among the autocar monthly issues and has been quite well covered. We only have to wait till Jan10 to know how it acctually will be so thats cool.

The front looks awful, such fat protruding wheel arches do not suit this small car at all. The dark dull interior looks like a funeral chamber.

Looks like a car designed by some fresher for a B grade horror movie.

Simply horrible.

This car looks good. It looks kitted even without any body kit. We might be looking at another hugely modifyable car. Imagine it with funky alloys and broader set of rubber.

It should be launched with bright colours... goes well with the design.

Launch Date - any idea guys??!!

It will increase the GM market share in indian market and maruti & Hyundai may face tough competition.

Any news about engine type (petrol & diesel)?

I heard that GM is going to launch with 1.2 L Both petrol & diesel

This car certainly might give Marutis and Hyundais a run for their money. Coupled with chevrolet's excellent warranty package, its a dream bargain provided they dont mess up with the pricing. Chevy has a reputation of pricing its vehicles very competitively in the Indian market.

Lets wait and watch..!!

Experts' comments..?? 

I dont think it will be the 1.2 diesel but our national engine thats the 1.3 mjd that will power it. Remember it was jointly develloped by fiat and gm' date=' so they might produce it in india[/quote']

The 1.0 l diesel engine as per ACI is the 3 cylinder version of Multijet engine.

@ rahul.

I liked your comment "national engine".smiley36.gif  Yest its true smiley17.gif

1.3 MJD engine used in 5 types of car by 3 different manufactures.smiley18.gif

1. Swift & Ritz diesel by maruti

2. Vista diesel by Tata

3. Punto & linea Diesel by Fiat

1.3 multiget orinally developped by Fiat and sold to Maruti, GM & Tata.

May be Gm also will launh 1.3 MJD