CYRUS43

AUTOCAR SCOOP: Chevrolet BEAT.

smiley1.gif very bold design and fresh looks....

...but how would interiors go with, will be interesting see.

it will be very good option for the Santro and WagonR segment buyers, but A.S.S. would be the decisive point.

Well it isn't that heinious a crime to be comparing Beat to i10. In fact if they get the pricing right, who knows the Beat might topple the i10 off the charts. Of course there are a lot of difficulties, but the car as an overall package offers a lot of promise.

@akash: various things matters when you compare a car, build quality, engine performance, after sale service, re-sale value and you knw it very well.

Chevvy would have created good image in hatch segment, only if they hadn't offered huge discount on Spark just after few months of launch.

Now people would be expecting same this time too, and will hesitate to go for Beat.

GM new mini (M300) Scores Highest in KIDI Crash Tests (Grade 1 out of 4). In Korea its called Matiz Creative.GM India conformed it will be called Chevy BEAT.

GM Daewoo says the Matiz Creative is the first mini-car that manages to score the highest in the KIDI tests,as only four vehicles out of 13 tested between 2006 and 2008 receiving the same rating. smiley32.gif.

We can expect 5 star from NCAP.

Any one know's the NCAP rating of I10, Rtiz, Punto, VW Polo ?

Press release:

Ya.. I think it starts from Cruze(J300)->Beat(M300)-> Next gen Aveo(T300)... All GM's next generation cars will be sale all around the world with global paltforms.GM is taking very seriously these days styling & saftey. We can see the Chevy logo is changed for Cruze & Beat..

I expect Fait to go sale Globaly. Italins proved in the styling by Linea.I love the Carsmiley20.gif.

Well its only Forenza and Ritz that i think was jointly developed or originally developed by Chevy and then given it to other companies due to holdings in GM by other companies or vice versa.

Forenza is same as optra and Beat is no way based on A-star, but may be on Ritz, i am not sure.

Looks like an autobot from outside and an autorickshaw from inside!
well if you are referring to interiors then to me they seems to be better (atleast in designing) than any other small car in its segment)not to include i10). But then its personal choice. I think Spark is now getting very good response so even this should do well for Gm india.

Well its only Forenza and Ritz that i think was jointly developed or originally developed by Chevy and then given it to other companies due to holdings in GM by other companies or vice versa.

Forenza is same as optra and Beat is no way based on A-star' date=' but may be on Ritz, i am not sure.[/quote']

Thanks for clearing it, I also found another shared car ont he website, Suzuki Reno ....aka Chevrolet SRV in india. 

But i can't fathom one thing....if Ritz and Beat are developed on one platform why would it take more than 3 years for one partner (GM) to launch than the other partner (Suzuki) . I guess Ritz has been sold under Opel Agila Brandname for a quite some time now. Need to check the dimensions of Ritz and beat to confirm if they have anything in common

Also in 3 years time it is possible to develop a completely new architecutre.

Looks like an autobot from outside and an autorickshaw from inside!
well if you are referring to interiors then to me they seems to be better (atleast in designing) than any other small car in its segment)not to include i10). But then its personal choice. I think Spark is now getting very good response so even this should do well for Gm india.

I agree with you on the popularity front. Its a good city runabout!

Everything in the dash of the Beat looks ok except the bajaj scooterish instrument console.

this model is based on A-star because suzuki selling indian chevy models in u.s. under suzuki banner try http://www.suzukiauto.com/2008/forenza/

GM & Suzuki had a tie up, but its no more.

That is the main reason why Marut got MJD easily,

Our Optra is sold in US as Forenza which was daewoo nubira, but not anymore,

similarly Daeoo Kalas/Chevy Aveo was also sold in U S as Suzuki.

A* is not related to Beat.

Suzuki Ritz and Opel Agila are the same, but Opel is also no more a GM

Forenza is same as optra and Beat is no way based on A-star' date=' but may be on Ritz, i am not sure.[/quote']

There is no connection Ritz to beat... Beat is completly developed by Dawoo with new Global Mini car arch... GM planing to develop more cars in the same arch..

this model is based on A-star because suzuki selling indian chevy models in u.s. under suzuki banner try http://www.suzukiauto.com/2008/forenza/

GM & Suzuki had a tie up' date=' but its no more.

That is the main reason why Marut got MJD easily,

Our Optra is sold in US as Forenza which was daewoo nubira, but not anymore,

similarly Daeoo Kalas/Chevy Aveo was also sold in U S as Suzuki.

A* is not related to Beat.

Suzuki Ritz and Opel Agila are the same, but Opel is also no more a GM
[/quote']

Chevy Aveo is sold by GM in US not as Suzuki....

some pics from Motorbeam snapped by Team-bhpian at some service centre at Chennai.

Chevrolet_Matiz_India.jpg

Chevrolet_Matiz_India_Front.jpg

Chevrolet_Matiz_India_Chennai.jpg

Chevrolet_Matiz_India_Interior.jpg

Chevrolet_Matiz_India_Door_Handles.jpg

Chevrolet_Matiz_India_Rear.jpg

Chevrolet_Matiz_India_Side.jpg

Blue_Chevrolet_Matiz_India.jpg

Some gaps can be seen near bumper in 2nd last pic. But still i expect a good quality car from GM, so will comment only after it get launched. It might have gone for some body work or anything like that.