SP_1916

Skoda changes to Trustable Skoda !!!

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

?kodaAuto India on August 13, 2009 announced an introduction of 2 years warranty on ?koda Genuine Parts and ?koda Genuine Accessories with effect from August 15, 2009 for their customers in India. Starting August 15, 2009 the two year warranty will be available on Skoda Genuine Parts & Accessories across the product range which includes the ?koda Superb, ?koda Octavia, ?koda Laura and ?koda Fabia.

The introduction of 2 years warranty is a new initiative by SkodaAuto India to bring down the cost of ownership for customers and secure the quality of the product for a longer period. In line with the company

The topic name should be changed to = Skoda trying to change to trustable Skoda.

Most of the problems are centered around customer fleecing habits of their dealers, lack of dealer training and monitoring system by Skoda, no or poor rseponse by Skoda against a customer complaint, no ownership by Skoda incase of a dealer malpractice and the list goes on.

So it will take a herculean effort from Skoda to rebuild the customer confidence.

Today morning somebody had posted a thread "Skoda Superb V6 TDI" in which the poster said that he had sent an email to Skoda Corporate intending to buy a Superb, but the mail bounced.
Moral of the story - Skoda people are hardly interested to listen to a customer, whether old or a prospective one. Typical sarkari attitude.

Another user feedback posted in the same thread:-

DO NOT BUY A SUPERB i OWN THE NEW ONE. iT STOPPED IN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD COULD NOT BE PUSHED OR MOVED. CO. FEELS IT IS A NORMAL FAILURE BUT IT IS A SERIOUS MALFUNCTION WHICH COULD HAVE CAUSED A MAJOR ACCIDENT DO NOT BUY SKODA CARS
SO CALLED LUXORY CAR SUPERB DOES NOT LIVE UP TO ITS NAME.

akj53in2009-08-16 07:42:36

TBHP seems to have some die hard hatred gang working against Skoda for sure

I also thought that there were genuine concerns but when you see someone reviving a dying thread time & again just to ensure it remains on top page gives a feeling; people are purposely trying to do so.

@vineet & @speed : I partly agree.

There are two issues here - cost of spares and maintenance, and its quality. Even taking the Skoda bashing on TBHP with a teaspoon of salt (a pinch is too small!)  one is still left with a doubt as to what Skoda are up to. Every manufacturer has some bad eggs (read dealers) but Skoda seems to have too many. What gets me is that a dealer changes parts to spurious and then what Skoda do - just zzz! Also, they apealed against the Consumer Court Judgement, had a meeting with the TBHP bosses (one time Skoda lovers) and all came to nought.

Also, the recent post about the fellows Skoda which was driven with no oil in the sump after service. I agree these things do happen, but...... In 1973 my Ford Excort had the differential oil seal changed by the main Ford Dealer in SE England. The fellows obviously delivered the car with no oil in the diff. On driving I would get noises after a couple of miles, so went back. The office fellow fellow took the car in and spent 20 minutes keeping me occupied. The car came back and I never had to noise again. Of course they never gave me the reason for the noise and its disappearance.

I do hope that there is some improvement since by all accounts their cars are excellent! Let us wait and see.

sgiitk2009-08-17 05:18:55

I think Skoda feels the oncoming threat from VW and other cars competing with its models. Jazz, Punto against the Fabia and its Superb by Camry and Passat. So these measures are being put in place so that Skoda stabilises and strenghtens its reputation in India before the arrival of more competitors

2007-skoda-fabia-front-side-view-588x441

Volkswagen has started the production of the Fabia at its recently inaugrated state of the art plant in Chakan, Pune. The plant with an installed capacity of 1,10000 will also manufacture the upcoming Polo hatch and the Polo based sedan.

The moment was cherished by each employee of the Chakan plant as VW also celebrated the 63rd Indian Independence day with in the premises.

The celebrations started with the planting of saplings by Joerg Mueller, Volkswagen Group chief representative in India,and also president and managing director of Volkswagen India Private Limited, along with the board members and all the employees at Volkswagen India

if skoda solves the problems of the existing customer that  will be a great step forward for them. Though this is a good step but not a big step and IMHO this is to confuse the people who have their hands crossed for skoda smiley5.gif.

Feedback on forums must be taken with a pinch of salt as most of the evidence is anecdotal and each person is assuming various reasons.

First of all the claims people make on forums whether it Team BHP or here must be verified in the real world. It is not as if Team BHP is the ultimate source of advice.

In my view, Skoda makes good cars and I know people who despite cribbing about their Octavia service issues with dealers have upgraded to Laura. Any car can have a mechanical problem and resolution is important but each one of us should be careful before jumping to conclusions.

About Fabia discount's, I think there something major around the corner <engine upgrades> or they are bracing for the Polo launch, which is going to come with a shocker price. Or why would be they be giving 57k discounts on a car that was recently launched. I think its a clearance sale of accumulated stocks.

They (Skoda) are following the same strategy of Maruti and Hyundai, by introducing more models and varients in hatchback catagory with not much price difference making consumers to make selection from their own range of vehicles instead of customer looking somerwhere else.

Polo should come with exciting engine and Skoda should not follow the Honda Jazz by keeping engine sub 1.2L to make the POLO stand out of the compitition.   

Introduction of new engines in Fabia may not help Skoda to bosst its sales chart much.

Fabia is already a well accepted vehicle but since introduction of the Jazz and i20 the exclusivity have gone and there is option for consumer to look elsewhere for better vehicle than Fabia.

About Fabia discount's' date=' I think there something major around the corner <engine upgrades> or they are bracing for the Polo launch, which is going to come with a shocker price. Or why would be they be giving 57k discounts on a car that was recently launched. I think its a clearance sale of accumulated stocks.[/quote']

This is normal with most manufacturers and its purely business, nothing wrong with that. They are responding to competition.

Feedback on forums must be taken with a pinch of salt as most of the evidence is anecdotal and each person is assuming various reasons.
First of all the claims people make on forums whether it Team BHP or here must be verified in the real world. It is not as if Team BHP is the ultimate source of advice.
In my view' date=' Skoda makes good cars and I know people who despite cribbing about their Octavia service issues with dealers have upgraded to Laura. Any car can have a mechanical problem and resolution is important but each one of us should be careful before jumping to conclusions.

[/quote']

I second your opinion on the fact that most of the people are having a strong negative perception towards Skoda because of few instances being strongly highlighted at TBHP.

On the other hand there are many satisfied users of Skoda. I have a friend who has driven 2.70L kms in his Octy and still running strong, the reason he wants to change is that he has got bored now!

Volkswagen Polo to drive in with petrol and diesel options

Frankfurt, Sept. 16 The Volkswagen Polo, scheduled to be launched in

India early next year, will be one of the most awaited small cars in

recent times. While there is much speculation about the hatch that VW

hopes will it help rake in some volumes and a bigger presence in the

Indian market, there is finally some information about how this premium

small car will finally look like.

The India-spec Polo is likely to be offered with two petrol engines

and one diesel engine right from when it is launched in early 2010.

Further, in addition to the manual transmission, the Polo will also

come with an automatic transmission option. The premium hatch has

already been through an advanced level of testing and currently

pre-series production is on. Start of commercial production is set for

the early next year.

Revealing some of these details, Dr Jochem Heizmann, Member of the

Board responsible for production, VW Group, said that the German

automotive conglomerate is also working on a notch car that will be

based on the Polo.

Will be longer, wider

The all-new notch based on the Polo will be developed and

manufactured exclusively for the Indian market. It will be longer,

wider and offer more legroom than the Polo and may also carry a

different name tag. Being specially designed for the Indian market, the

notch car will be tuned to offer better ride quality and comfort for

rear passengers.

The direction and market positioning of the notch car will be different compared with the Polo, he said.

Volkswagen is in the process of finalising the selection of the

powertrains for the India-spec Polo and the choice is likely to be

influenced by the costs of the technologies that the engines will

feature and the strategyof the competitors in the premium hatch segment, Dr Heizmann said.

Volkswagen is targeting a components localisation level of about 50

per cent right from the start of production of the Polo.

Good info, Rahul. I think the Polo will refresh the whole hatchback segment, big time. Big question is the engine options, hope they don't launch it with some insipid engines, visavis the Jetta 1.6 petrol version. The engines must be as good on paper as they are good to drive. If Skoda can have a 1.8TSI, why not a 1.2 FSI for the VW Polo. It must be a cracker of an engine; both on the drivability and the fuel consumption front.

I feel the option will be the two current options provided in fabia along with the 1.2 FSI for the enthusiasts. I just hope that if this is what they do, then they refine the diesel motor of fabia atleast, because i have to say ambassador diesels dont make that much noise. Also dont do a Jazz with the FSi in terms of pricing, but do a punto in terms of features.

EDIT

VW has develloped a new 1.4 TDi engine which churs out 90 BHP and also runs 100 bhp for just 3.6 litres, I am hoping this is the one that comes to India.

rahul18102009-09-20 07:59:07

That notch or sedan based on Polo looks just too too good...I think VW polo will be a big hit even if its priced a bit high like i20 or fabia but definately not close to Jazz. But yes engine should be the best one, as now all manufacturers are trying to give powerful efficient engine so why not VW...

Well, sorry for staying back after starting this topic as I was not able to login due to my college classes...

So thank you guys for replaying.

And special thanks to "rahul1810" for brining the picture of Polo sedan, which I was dreaming to buy....(if dad feel comfortable with that).

Once again thanks everyone....

Regards,

SP