abhi1177

Toyota Fortuner is here

Here in Nagpur the Toyota dealer pulled off the covers over the fortuner, that is on 17th of August. The car is awesome. The official launch is on 24 th I think the car will be a market rocker. Its very looks are appealing, people here in India will love The Fortuner. its with 3liter engine n the price is not yet known. It will be revealed on 24th. Enjoy the beast

If the launch is on 24th' date=' how can the dealer pull off the covers on 17th?
I bet the dealer is in for some legal action and some long drives to the high-court. smiley2.gif [/quote']

Haha... good catch..!!

punto was in a showrooms before its official launch , even i20 crdi , it ain't something new

as for fortuner , why did toyota india left out the 7 inch screen :( and gave a filty innova muzik system ?

punto was in a showrooms before its official launch ' date=' even i20 crdi , it ain't something new

as for fortuner , why did toyota india left out the 7 inch screen :( and gave a filty innova muzik system ?
[/quote']

If that means a lower price then i really dont mind it smiley1.gif

Here in Nagpur the Toyota dealer pulled off the covers over the fortuner' date=' that is on 17th of August. The car is awesome. The official launch is on 24 th I think the car will be a market rocker. Its very looks are appealing, people here in India will love The Fortuner. its with 3liter engine n the price is not yet known. It will be revealed on 24th. Enjoy the beast[/quote']

Toyota bharat wesite says this - 3L crdi, 17" alloys, 7 seats and Multi information Display.

diesel with 7 seats is really what would attract customers. People buying pajero and endeavor will move to fortuner for sure.

This vehicle is most probably going to sell like hot cakes but Im not impressed with it. Moreover the advertising strategy Toyota has taken up for this vehicle, repells me. I mean they are laying stress on 17"Tyres, MID display & some other lousy creature comforts, rear sensors, etc. pretty pathetic.

Its a SUV for God's sake, show its 4x4 credentials! But Toyota knows an average Indian is going to fall for other stuff rather than a 4x4 which shall seldom be even used!

Here in Nagpur the Toyota dealer pulled off the covers over the fortuner' date=' that is on 17th of August. The car is awesome. The official launch is on 24 th I think the car will be a market rocker. Its very looks are appealing, people here in India will love The Fortuner. its with 3liter engine n the price is not yet known. It will be revealed on 24th. Enjoy the beast[/quote'] Hey which dealer is it and were is the place in Nagpur ? I wanna have a look.smiley1.gif

This SUV would be launched with Manual Transmission, mean lowest end model available (Model name - 3.0 G M/T) in Thailand (None of the other markets of South East Asia has manual transmission except Thailand) (link http://www.sonirodban.com/fortuner.html); <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In Thailand this model is available on road at 10 Lac Bhat (Rs. 14 Lacs) considering FTA with ASEAN countries, means no customs on auto parts imported from there, and Toyota Fort. being assembled here in India (With quite a few parts sourced locally like tyres, Dash Board & probably manual transmission of Innova & many other Innova parts) premium charged by Toyota of whooping 43% approx on Thailand prices is really like looting, which every car maker specially Japanese are doing.

I really love this car & have driven many times in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Thailand, latest in Feb 09 in Phuket & really dying to buy one for me but with launching of lowest end; it is just like insulting choice & buying powers of Indians. I was ready to shell out upto 22~23 L for model 3.0 V A/T, but finally I am really disappointed with Toyota's attitude.

Rates of other SUVs in Thailand on road of same models as available in India with same features:

Captiva 2.0d AT AWD     -           Rs. 22.0 Lacs (15.68 Lac Bhat)

Fortuner 3.0 M/T AWD   -           Rs. 14.0 Lacs (10.01 Lac Bhat)

Fortuner 3.0 A/T AWD    -           Rs. 18.0 Lacs (13.08 Lac Bhat)

CRV 2.0 2WD                -           Rs. 16.5 Lacs (11.80 Lac Bhat)

CRV 2.4 AWD A/T         -           Rs. 20.6 Lacs (14.70 Lac Baht)

Endeavour 3.0 L A/T       -           Rs. 17.2 Lacs (12.26 Lac Bhat)

Endeavour 2.5 L             -           Rs. 13.4 to 15.8 Lacs (9.59 to 11.26 Lac Bhat

Toyota Fortuner priced at 18.45 lakh ex-showroom Delhi

The Toyota Fortuner with the 3.0-liter D-4D engine that puts out 171 PS, 343 Nm is priced at 18.45 lakh (Delhi ex-showroom price).

The Fortuner comes with ABS, disc brakes and Airbags to name a few features. The colors are super white, silver mica metallic, grey mica metallic, black mica and light blue metallic.

The Fortuner comes with full time 4WD.

Source - http://indianautosblog.com/2009/08/live-updates-from-the-toyota-fortuner-launch-priced-at-18-45-lakhs-ex-showroom-delhi

As expected the price is bit on the higher side but i read somewhere that there are already 2500 bookings even before it's launch.

I think it will outsell all other SUV's in the range of 20 lacs.

I talked to my dealer. He says bookings confirmed till December delivery. If you book now, delivery will happen only in next year.

That is phenomenal response by any standards. smiley1.gif