amiti

Warranty issue

Dear All,

Had been to hyundai dealer y'day for i10 Asta/sunroof. After doing the TD found that there is a genuine need to change its tires. The original comes with 155/80 R13. Planning to change it to 175/70 R13 and aura alloys.

The person at hyundai said the warranty stands cancelled for the entire vehicle if the tires are changed and alloys are fitted. Then I asked one of their managers, he said it may or may not.? So not quite sure if its true.

Need your views regarding same.

@amiti .....For Honda Car the dealer was very clear, any changes in the tyre size would lead to warranty getting void. Also dont base your decision on manager's verbal assurance, if the dealer can give it in writing then probably change the tyres else typically the dealer / company would just put their hands up later on for the warranty part

Well, that is not really the correct advice. What if the car is in an Accident which was due to Suspension failure as the Rim and Tire size was incorrect?? Then you can forget about any warranty/insurance claims.

buddy in the past i was suferring the same as you with my honda city the company sales manager says that if you dont buy the alloy wheels from company your warranty will be elapsed but whenever i want to take my car to the service centre i used to change them with the orignal one