sgiitk

Maruti Zen - R.I.P.

May it's soul Rest In Peace.

MSIL should have done the mercy killing of this model name earlier to keep the good thoughts associated with the name Zen evergreen. It should not have given a second birth by adding it to the name badge of Estilo. Seeing the Estilos with the unmatching Zen tag was just like seeing a crippled war horse struggling to survive, which had been triumphant in previous battles.

I personally felt the Zen missed,  when the original model was phased out.
jimgeo2009-08-21 05:22:56

Now that both M 800, and Esteem have been de-commissioned by Maruti, it was about time to do the same for zen. I feel a bit nostalgic, when i think that a decade ago when zen was launched ,my father like many others had booked this car.Only to change his decision later on -- he cancelled the zen booking-- by buying a tata indica!. A mistake , its price we are still paying by trudging along that useless tata indica on our back ,

when we should have got along with our zen booking and may be got the zen.To this day, i can't understand what got into my fathers head that day, that he cancelled a reliable Maruti Product : zen for an unrelaible tata indica!!!

Ahh!! The Holy Graille of Small Quick Hatchbacks. Sad to see it go, but am happy that the Estilo will not be made anymore. What a Rubbish Product. As many of you guys know, I have been looking out for a good one since ages....But no luck yet!!

so finally maruti has laid to rest the zen though i still own one...well this car had a good fan following and it sold almost 8.8 lac units since its launch...well this car will be remembered by the enthusiasts !!

The model replacing it will be still called estilo, but is supposed to be a major facelift and will have the 1.0 engine from a-star. The launch takes place day after tomorrow.

This is the teaser site

www.guessthewowcar.comrahul18102009-08-22 11:10:29

I agree with others on the fact that Estillo was a black mark on the Zen's reputation. Not half the car(conosidering the competition and times) that the Zen was. Zen at its time was amazing. Estillo is probably the worst car in its category besides being the worst looking. I cant wait for it to be killed.

Maruti going to launch new Zen Esitilo (a.k.a Zen Estilo - Old Boy) on the 23th August 09. The New Maruti Zen Estilo will be get rid of the Zen name and it will not completely which Maruti so claim it to be.

Maruti Estilo come with new K series engine and there are changes like new headlamps, new grille, tail lights, bumpers and some changes at the interiors .

The Maruti Estilo equipped with 1.0 L series engine from A-star that adhere Bharat IV emission norms.

The original zen had little competition at that time...the estilo couldnt live up to the expectations because of other competitive products that had cropped up by its time... Looks alone is not the only reason for estilo's failure..!!

I saw an article in the paper that the Estilo was getting a K series engine.

It will henceforth be just Estilo and not Zen Estilo. K series is a must in the Swift as well due to the impending E-IV regulations.

I would say one more flop from MSIL.

Estilo or Zen Estilo, this does not appeal much!!

Instead of wasting resources in trying to get Estilo's image up, why not pump in the same resources to get the Dzires and the Ritzs out in the market faster??

People are wating to buy them!! Wake up Wale up MSIL!!

Today, Maruti has launched new Estillo.The Maruti Suzuki new Estilo houses the K-series 'K10B' engine under the hood. The 998cc three-cylinder engine delivers a power of 68 PS@ 6200rpm and a higher torque of 90Nm @ 3500rpm. The improved engine technology enables more power, low NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) and the lighter weight of the engine helps to increase the fuel efficiency with lower emissions. The new Estilo comes with ARAI certified fuel efficiency of 18.2 kmpl. Price is Rs.3.12 lacs to 3.66 lacs (ex-showroom Delhi)smiley17.gif. Pl see link http:// www.marutisuzuki.com/ Maruti-Suzuki-launches-Estilo-with-K-series-engine-and-bold-new-design.aspx