CYRUS43

AUTOCAR SCOOP: The new ZEN...err Estilo

Our Reader Paras Duneja from Gurgaon Spotted this all new Zen as it was being loaded into the trailer. This IS the all new Zen!! And for once, it doesnt look all that bad!!

Luckily, the Driver waited and allowed him to take the picture just before he loaded the car.

Another EXCLUSIVE from AUTOCAR INDIA!!!

newzenestilo.jpg

WOOOHOOO...!! Looks a lot better that the outgoing model. Featured here must be the top end model, fog lamps, chrome surround on the grille and all. This is one of the Ritz's shades. The car looks narrow though..!!

Yup.....looks nicer than the older one and the paint colour is pretty good too. The older Zen looked feminine to me but this one with the stretched head lamps and chrome strip looks much better.

That's right the Zen name has been dropped. the topic should read the new Estilo. Dont like the looks of these half baked jobs. Remember how the original Zen was wrecked?

The Zen Estilo is receiving the K series engine treatment and a few cosmetic upgrades to make it saleable. MSIL's cup of hatches is surely overflowing or 'gushing'. This sure is the Indian "R&D" at work and it shows, it sure looks crude and the Ritz is anyday a better looker than this.Durango Dude2009-08-24 17:53:22

Its looks like modified Wagon-R.

Maruti has to come out from their traditional boxy look to curvy look like swift.

@Durango

K-series means A-star engine or RitZ Engine?

Looks has improved compared to the zen estilo and it looks far better compared to the wagon r.

@rkrk

the k-series engine in new Estilo is the same 1.0 litre unit that powers the A-star.The car looks much more mature and the shares several designing cues from the Mr-Wagon on which the estilo is based.

It looks better from front then previous Zen Estilo but still the side and rear profiles are same and front doesnt gel with rest of the car. I dont think it will work for maruti, rather than this expenditure of trying to sell, they should have discontinued it which to me might have been more profitable.

The all new Estilo comes with new front and rear end styling and a brand new engine under the hood. The new engine comes from the A-Star hatch and is a 1.0 Litre three cylinder k-series with 67 ps of power and maximum torque of 90 nm @ 3500 rpm.

The engine is Bharat IV emissions compliant which will be enforced from April 2010.

The new Estilo comes in a total of three variants, LX, LXi, VXi with prices starting from Rs 3.12 Lakhs going up to Rs 3.66 Lakhs.

The VXi models comes with all four door power windows, front and rear fog lamps, rear washe and wipe. ABS and Air bags are also optional on the VXi variant. The dashboard is now dual tone and comes with digital fuel guage.

With the new Estilo, Maruti has also launched 4 new colors apart from the existing shades which are: New Ecru Beige, Emerald Blue, Dusky Brown, and Quantum Orange.
Existing Colors:  Silky Silver, Superior White, Bright Red and Midnight Black

Model                    City                        Ex-Showroom (Rs)
Estilo Lx               New Delhi            3.12 lacs
Estilo LXi             New Delhi            3.40 lacs
Estilo VXi             New Delhi            3.66 lacs

The headlamp looks more i10ish but the grill and headlamp combo is the best from maruti in this segment . Won't the 1.0lt enigne be small for this segment car ,They could develop a 1.1lt engine to keep the performance addicts on bay

1251204483A.jpg

New Maruti Estilo exterior changes -

Revised grill, new headlamps, new bumper with fog lamps integrated, wheel arc on the front and rear fender, and new wheel covers.

New Maruti Estilo interior changes -

Two tone dashboard and a digital fuel indicator, which comes as standard.

New Maruti Estilo under-hood changes -

KB10 series, 998cc, 3 cylinder petrol engine and a revised gearbox.

New Maruti Estilo prices (ex-showroom Delhi) -

Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo LX

my opinion - this is as bad as its predecesor. just as ugly. i really wonder why maruti suzuki need to offer soooooo many hatch backs in the market. swift' date=' ritz, wagon R, estilo... and so on.[/quote']

Buddy this is because there is more demand of the product so they are making .

I am wondering why car makers dont come out will colours like these, the dark Coco colour is good, even the dark chocolate color will look good on bigger saloons. some more colors of which one was present on the accent and the Cielo, Dark Green, matt black rather than glossy black, Mulberry purple, dark orange like on the Lambo would be so great colors

I agee with others about how lets not insult the name Zen by using it for this car. Lets stick with Estillo for this one. And i think even with all this it will remain one of the worst performing hatches in the Indian market.

It is simply the WagonR made to look sh*tty.