abidabbasi

suggestion for small car

Hi all,

i want to buy a small car very soon, i would like to know the best brand in performance, maintenance, features and  price as well. My budget is 3-4 lakhs.i have seen hyundai motors santro xo.

I would be happy to know more from you all.

Thanks

autocarindia2007-11-02 17:35:59

I am also in the same boat as you are and after reading through many posts in different firums, below are my findings.

1. Given the price bracket of 3-4 Lakhs, there are only two cars comparable - WagonR and Santro.

2. On Road price of WagonR Lxi is 379000 (including 3rd yr warranty) in Delhi. Deduct Rs 25,000 from this price as cash discount. That turns out to be Rs 3,55,000. Comparitively, Santro will be higher (as they have very less discount).

3. There are both good and bad points for both cars - but I personally felt great comfort while driving WagonR, better head rests, big boot space, better engine and definitely it has better looks than Santro.

4. Many people may advise Hyundai i10 - but please keep in mind it is a brand new car and not tested for performance. It might end up faring the same as Zen Estillo. Initially, the sales will be high - but if it turns to be unstable, then you might have to repent. So personally, I would go for the established cars.

My advise will be the one I will give myself - close your eyes and go for WagonR - better mileage, cheaper spares, good resale value, better brand name of Maruti over Hyundai.

Please feel free to ask for my opinion on any other aspect.

FRG ' s test report on the Hyundai i10 makes me inclined to own one. Its a splendid car- the minus point is that its front fairings make it look like a cheap clone of the Honda Civic. Hyundai should have gone for some originality! 

well i dont think i10 is a replacement to the santro but incase or if the santro faces low sales the Hyundais are sure to give it a facelift or phase it out or give huge discounts.

The Santro and the Wagon-R both have stiff suspension which make the ride a quiet uncomfortable, and their handling is also poor. I would suggest a test drive of the Spark. The other day my brother dropped me in his Santro to the Chevy showroom, where I drove the Spark and was v impressed with its ride comfort and, it also felt a lot more stable/safer. The Spark is a v comfortable highway Car.

Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions, I have seen spark recently it looks good in its ride as Spark said. Hyundai has good after sales service don't know for Chev.  I have some more time to decide from santro/wagon-R/spark. Please drop any more findings u have.

Thanks

Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions' date=' I have seen spark recently it looks good in its ride as Spark said. Hyundai has good after sales service don't know for Chev.  I have some more time to decide from santro/wagon-R/spark. Please drop any more findings u have.

Thanks
[/quote']

According to yor given list beween santro , wagonr and spar i would suggest you to go in for the wagonr and also it has good festive offer of rs 25000 discount . i think it would also be better for you to go in for the WagonR VXI ABS which has safety features like Antilock braking sytem and dual airbags.  or else any other varint like the LXI r the VXI would be fine. but please avoid the LX.

i think this post is in the wrong forum.... btw, if u can stretch the budget a little, the spark will be a good choice. its fresh design looks better than any of the other cars in that range. the features are also among the best in the class

i somehow feel spark is not worth at this price incase spark has discounts more than 30k rs then it is a good buy. or else do as Priyas said the wagonr vxi abs is a good safety car and at a good price too i enquired with a dealer here and he says that a White wagonR vxi ABS is available in maruti pre pool. or else strecth your budget for the Hyundai i10

i would've advised u to buy the i10 but i really dont know how it is, how it looks and how it drives. the santro is an amazing value for money package but i just liked  the cheeky looks of the spark. so i voted on that

i would've advised u to buy the i10 but i really dont know how it is' date=' how it looks and how it drives. the santro is an amazing value for money package but i just liked  the cheeky looks of the spark. so i voted on that [/quote']

Dude i wld sum it up... take a test drive of all the cars in ur price range... although i wld say go for the i10... but for your satisfaction do it... coz the cars mentioned above by our pals are all good and reliable....

So Go Go Go!!!