PREDATOR

New linea 1.6 - comming soon

Yes the most awaited car fiat linea 1.6 is comming soon in september next month and this car is free of all the problems faced in older lineas and thats why dealers are giving discounts on their older versions and there is also a news that the car is having 6air bags and black pannel

Yes the most awaited car fiat linea 1.6 is comming soon in september next month and this car is free of all the problems faced in older lineas and thats why dealers are giving discounts on their older versions and there is also a news that the car is having 6air bags and black pannel

Could you please reveal the source of this information? Also any update on the pricing of this car?

Thanks for the info. Predator. This shall be a good addition for consumers looking for more power.

I would love to see a heavier diesel in both Linea & Punto though!

I seriously hope your info is true. Because most sources before mentioned about 2009 end/2010 starting launch. This might meet more customers need. Butttttt its surely gonna touch Linea prices to 10 lac OTR + in most cities. If they improve plastic quality , better seat fabric and this engine - then it could improve Linea's sales. There is a void between Fiesta/Verna/ Linea and Octavia. Only Magnum fills that gap - but i think Linea can catch that market!!

ALL THIS IS CRAP.....

During my recent visit to Rama Motors, Delhi to deal with my issue of falling chrome strips from my Linea, I met a Fiat engineer Amit Shrivastav who had visited the dealership to sort out problems and came from Pune. He was also wearing a mask on his face because of spreading of swine flu.

THE CONVERSATION

HE : Sir, do you face any problem in the pickup of the car.

I : Not much, why...

HE: We have got certain complaints but people need to understand that the engine is tuned for good fuel efficiency.

: I agree...

HE: Waise bhi, we are launching 1.4 Tjet after an year. Then there would be no problem regarding pickup.

I: I could not have waited for that long but thank for the info.

So the news is that Linea 1.4 Tjet will be launched after an year. The source is Fiat Engineer from Pune named Amit Shrivastav....

I think the Linea petrol will do better with Palio's 1.6 motor. Petrol Linea's are pathetic. So is the Punto with the 1.2 motor 67 bhp moving close to 1100 kgs. With absolutely no torque to talk of: 9.8kgm thats what the A-star and Estilo have. I think FIAT has to give up the halfhearted approach and produce some car's with big hearts in India.

If Fiat intends to bring 1.6 L version of Fiat Linea, it may have that same motor of Fiat palio 1.6. It would be nice,if they bring a new version of 1.6 L motor rather than to install the old one already used in palio stile.Not that i have anything against the current 1.6L Petrol engine of Fiat currently used in palio. As a matter of fact, Fiat was the first one to use 1.6L in a hatch!

I think need to match both ends- Adequate power( compared to decent power in 1.3 mjd and 1.4 Fire) and FE which the 1.6 from Palio might not match. If engine is tuned a bit for FE then i must say ANHC watch out!!!

fiat linea and punto are excellent car's with those killing exterior looks especially the linea but really these cars badly require more power....linea owners are just trying to show that they are satisfied with the performance but they aren't...test drive the anhc...just a shove on the pedal and the car is doing 100 kmph and the engine feels effortless and acceleration to 140 kmph is just effortless !!!

thats great news! Linea really needed the 1.6. As for the punto' date=' the 90bhp on the 1.4 is just fine. What power on the 1.6 linea?[/quote']

Friend i dont know about the power can anyone know about it???

There have already been threads discussing this same topic but there is no concrete information that Fiat is bringing a bigger engine in the Linea, soon. Personally, I think Fiat would still want to prove itself in the mileage front than on the power front.

Predator, do you have concrete information??