ak_8

Need suggestions: Scorpio Chosen.

Hi All,

I am regular reader of this forum and really find suggestion and issues raised or discussed in this forum quite usefull.My time has come to get some help and suggestion from you all guys.I am planning to get new Car/MUV/SUV coming diwali.My requirement consist of monthly travelling of 1200-1500KM pm and mostly on highways.Normal occupant of the vehicle will be 5-6 adult and 2 kids.I have few limitations too my budget is between 7-8L

Few cars that pleased me are i20,Scorpio,Ford Ikon,Aveo.My main concern is maintenance and mileage.Even Xlyo is an option, but it looks just don't appeals to me...,I20 is good too but it diesel version is bit on the high end.

If you guys can help me in choosing this , i would be very happy

Thanks

AK

When you say 5-6 adults and 2 kids - that rules out every hatchback and sedan.

Yet,you're looking at those. Why ?

IMO - comfort is the most important factor to consider when buying the car.

Look at the Safari, Scorpio, Xylo, Tavera and not at smaller vehicles.

yes, i agree to it, but 5-6 occupant are not regular occupant, it is my parents and in laws comes for frequent visit, and to be precise every two months :-) and they do stay for more than 15-20 days.

My first love is Scorpio but i am just not sure at its A.S.S and maintenance.Since i am reading quite a lot about i20 , i thought of getting a view on it too.

i20 is a brilliant little car but i dont think it will suit your needs. Xylo is plainly ugly and should be ignored. You should look at the lower end version of Innova or as you yourself said the Scorpio which is a very nice car. Regarding the ASS and maintainenece, i guess we need to find some owners.

Mahindra vehicles are known for their reliability and the Scorpio is not an exception.  It is selling in good numbers not just for its good looks. 

Ford cars are notorious for their high service costs and the Aveo was never a great seller.  The i20 will put a smile on your face for its brilliant packaging, sophistication and excellent Hyundai service.

I think you only have to decide between the Scorpio or the i20, among your choices.  For your kind of running, the petrol version of the i20 is sufficient.  The high sticker price of the diesel would break even only after running for about 3 to 4 years! 

As per your requirement you should go for MUV/SUV.

If you like scorpio you can go for it.It is good.However a new model of Scorpio is coming sometime next year.

Ideally you should go for Innova.This is a high class product but you  have to stretch your budget a bit.

@ All, thanks for your suggestion

@ creative i do not have faith in TASS, knew few of my friends who r struggling with their SUMO and Safari

@POTU Even i am excited about New scorpio, but think it is in the segment of 10+ can't stretch 8

@Jitesh, thanks even i am going to test drive i20 and will take final call

hey AK,

U hav said that u'd be travelling mostly on the highways with about 5-6 adults. That itself makes it clear that u need a MUV for your family.

in the 8 lacs range, u can shortlist cars like the Mahindra Xylo, Scorpio, Toyota Innova and a Chevy Tavera.

Asked abt my personal opinion, I would shortlist the Scorpio and the Innova to choose between.

Innova would give you a car like feel while the Scorpio could be coupled as a off-roader too... Both vehicles have proved their worth in all these years of their presence in the Indian markets.

Although, if you are also looking for a decent equipment list on your car, a Xylo would be a better option.

Personally, I would go in for a scorpio. Maybe its because i already own one that I am so in love with how it is. But, It definitely drives better than its immediate rivals. The innova on the other hand, though a little more refined, just doesn't seem fun to drive.

There ar'nt much choices in the 5 to 8 lacs bracket for a SUV/MUV, probably the Skoda Yeti might fulfil that.

Tata's need to get something in this bracket on the Indigo platform,I think. In the meanwhile the best bet for you would be the Scorpio, the ASS and maintenance is a very variable aspect for a vehicle, it depends on the way it is used the geography of the place and many factors.

If you are a careful user then I don't think you will have any issues. But be sure that with 5 to 8 people on board on a highway the Scorpio would be more secure than a i20 in any case, rightly you should be looking at safety & comfort here 1st.

Thanks Guys, for your valuable input.yesterday i went to 1-2 Mahindra dealers and found that Scorpio price difference from the one shown on Mahindrascorpio.com and dealers. The dealer is quoting base price in pune for LX as 7.15L where as on website it is 6.98L.Can anyone know or have face the similar issue.

Regarding Innova , i cannot exert my budget more than 8L . had hard time convincing family for even this budget :-)

Hi All,

I have finally zeroed on Scorpio LX black, will be doing booking by tomorrow or so.I am getting a 15K cash discount.

Please give some valuable suggestions for negotiations for spare parts or necessary accessories to be talked before booking

As of now, you can choose between Scorpio and Innova, and if looks left apart, the Xylo is a wonderful car to have with a great mixture of performance and luxury.

And if you are willing to wait a bit, the all new Indicruz is coming your way, though launch date is not confirmed. But if you can't, i will definately request you to go and have test drive of Xylo, and m sure, despite of all the comments over its look, you will prefer to buy it smiley2.gif

Hi

I have finally booked Scorpio LX black from Sayadri motors pune.I paid initial booking amount of 10K. The dealer is giving me 15K cash discount and goodies worth 3k that includes mud flaps and Footmats.Since scorpio price has further gone done by 5K my total cost for this monster will go somewhere around 7.95L.

Thanks for all your suggestions,can anyone provide me help with sun films and teflon coating.

Also i am going with SBI ezee loan, they are giving me 8% fixed for 1 year and 10 % for next 2 year. But i heard that there processing is very slow?? is it so.

@mods:- Please change topic to Scorpio LX booked.Thanks

Awesome is what I will rate the Scorpio with the new Mhawk engine. I simply love and love to be on the wheel. I am a very satisfied owner. The ASS depends on many factors. Some are not so good while others are quite good. Mine falls in the second category and I am satisfied on that count too.