jadu911

Guys what you say about the K&N Filter

Heyy dudes,
does this K&N filter really workout ???
Som of ma buddies say they experience change in performance.....
But som others say they dnt even felt it !!!
What s the reality about this filter !!!!??????????????
Is ther any co. providing gud enough Filters ?????

Note From Admin: SMS lingo is both a pain to read and also prohibited on the forum. Please follow proper protocols while posting.
FuelRunGod2009-09-27 06:25:34

Well, IT doesnt really help THAT much. Your friends probably see a difference as the sound of the bike has increased. The Airflow is a little smoother, but then the engine might run lean. So you need to set the fuel screw accordingly, which in turn will ruin fuel efficiency.

In case of an Fi Bike, you cant change the Fuel Air mixture irrespective of what you do until you change the ECU settings.

mr.super license cyrus. .lol. i dont know what is the prob here with sum members. ... no one accepts anything. .. giv ur email id to me i will send the hot video of it wen i took while going in nh highway from chennai to bangalore.

I havent accepted your view as I have used a KArizma With a K&N and later replaced it with a Pipercross Filter. That particular KMA was also running on bigger Jets and Iridium plugs and high resistance wires. And It STILL did not do 145kmph

lol. but its not my fault.. may be you have not handled the techniques... i handled the bahrain motogp trick for which iam rocking... but even a normal techniq is enough for this... have u ever checked whether it is genuine product? and bought at where?... coz afterall, my friend"S old zma is doing 140 without making hard techniqs. stickup pal. you can, check the liner or get a help from a nice grade local mechanic near.

-dinesh

Note From Admin: Please take time out to type your posts properly, SMS language is inconvenient to read. Please go through the announcements section for the rules and regulations of the forum before proceeding further.
FuelRunGod2009-09-27 07:48:47

@ cyrus

dont you think that some members are very adament and have no  knowledge of the  automotive sector and should be kicked out.

and i dont think that it is such a big task to guess whom i am referring to.

Speedo error increases with speed' date=' so the faster you go the bigger the error.

[/quote']

Is Speedo error common with all automobiles or restricted only to ZMa & Cielo.

How many times you or anyone in this forum crossed 145Kmph in ZMa/ R15. or around 240Kmph in Cielo

Are you mocking me? If not then speedo error is common to all cars and bikes. Bikes suffer more than cars and in cars, German cars seem to have one of the more accurate speedos. 

And these speeds mentioned might be possible downhill although I don't really believe the Cielo doing that. Oh and by the way I have a Karizma and have seen the needle at 130kph.

FRG

empty vesseles makes much noise. someone judges me that i have no knowledge, someone judges me that my words are duplicates. i dont kair about these all. i will do my service better than you all, in all matters related to automobile field... this is a forum not a  chatting site... never make comment on other members. for ur info, i have better and best knowledge than ur pity knowledge...@winner. / bala are you ready to face my  videos if i upload? then u will know who iam in automobile field... have you ever heard  about motogp world.. yes, iam in bahrain motogp yaar... i introduced myself like a common man. but you people making funny comments about me. never try this again. .@creativbala  . / cyrus analyse the posts before sending private messages to me ..@cyrus / autocar will be rocks always......smiley2.gif

I swear also on behalf of winner, that we will?stop commenting on your "automotive knowledge" if you stop, ditching others.

We talk for others.

Tell me who will keep quite on your yesterday thread on Indian Roads, which was later deleted by Cyrus in which you have mentioned? "worthless and useless posters plz stay away

@Dinesh, what did you mean to say by this?

This means two things,

1. you are calling someone specific as worthless and useless (this is not your home)

2. Those who are not replying for your post are worthless and useless
CYRUS432009-09-30 18:41:30

OK! If you guys are done pulling each others legs, can someone tell me what minor alterations/additions can be made on standard cars(4 year old City) to have a reasonable increase in their performance? And I am specifically saying minor because i dont want to waste too much money on it.

There was a report (albeit an old one) by Spicer which did not show up the K & N in good light esp. where dust filtration was concerned. I have posted the report to FRG with the request to link it in. The original report is no longer available but text only copies can still be found in the web.

The link is in

This thread also deals with K & N so mayne the mods can merge the two!
sgiitk2009-09-30 05:13:16

it depends on a quality and product you purchase....local exhausts are avail for 1000 rs itself. but it cant be considered as a exhaust, on the other hand it doesnt mean that it will do the more performance if we spend more on a exhaust. a typical and co-operative exhausts only can helps us depends on our bike category....@rangc