jadu911

Guys what you say about the K&N Filter

@cyrus43

since this is the topic about K&N filters, I have placed an order for 57i performance filter for my punto. the price quoted is around 8-9K. is it the correct price I am paying? or do I have any alternative to K&N?

pal, i will tell when it is lively broadcast. but you will get in arabs region only. because it is not a international moto gp. it is bahrain motogp. and there are lots of like this like italian motogp etc.... first of all iam not permitted to chat in public sites in my motogp rules. lolz. and i should not tell motogp tuning secrets and any of its personal. and now the session is over for 2009 tournament. and i  felt little discomfort to bring out my details, thats why i didnt mentioned anything in profile before. but i did typed because i chat only here. lolz now iam in vacation and planning to come india after 10 days. lolz@rangC. keep in touch, i will tell you the date of matches of mine"s soon.

@cyrus43

since this is the topic about K&N filters' date=' I have placed an order for 57i performance filter for my punto. the price quoted is around 8-9K. is it the correct price I am paying? or do I have any alternative to K&N?
[/quote']

Let me reconfirm this with the K&N dealer in Bombay. Your other option is Pipercross, Green Cotton or Ractive. And a High End option is HKS.

yeah, cyrus, you are right! am already half high with the REMUS and waiting eagerly for the 57i performance filtersmiley2.gif

By the way any news about the price and also the Bangalore dealer says the stock has not yet come.

the test done in 2004 is on a K&N 33 series stock filter and not on the 57 series performance filter. I believe there must be a lot of diff in the materials used for the two.

Any latest updates on the filter?

i agree with dinesh. My friend has a karizma and i have a pulsar 200. We both have k& n filters in our bikes. I guess the speedo on the pulsar is quite accurate. We did 143-144 kmph side by side on both the bikes.

Though the needle of karizma was near 150kmph.

So if there is a speedo error too, then i guess the top speed we got was around 140kmph which is near 145kmph. And dinesh being a racer, he might be having some cool techniques to increase it a bit like streamlining etc..

Let me reconfirm this with the K&N dealer in Bombay. Your other option is Pipercross' date=' Green Cotton or Ractive. And a High End option is HKS. [/quote']

Any feedback on the K&N filter? Its still not available in Bangalore. BTW, where can I buy the HKS filter?

I had put k&n on my unicorn.But i didn't work out well.All i felt was the "big bang" sound while riding.But my bike did go fast till the 80kph mark.The next day i found that the bike won't start at all.Even if i manage to get it going,the bike will shut off at low revs.Maybe it has something to do with the settings.

I have a k&n replacement filter in my alto. There is not much of performance boost but a little bit of increase in FE. The downside is it takes in more dust and my engine is suffering from sludge. The MASS people said that it was because of too much dust intake and it needs frequent cleaning with the special k&n oil. There is a bit of increase in exhaust note but that is not something very noticeable and hard to compare. Cant say about the k&n induction kit, havent used it.