dritzdcool

How many Lacs kms ?

I was wondering what is the average life of a petrol and a diesel engine? have seen M800 with 1.8lac kms in the odo running without a problem, my alto has done 1.3lac kms and still going strong. Are the diesel engine as good as the petrol engines ? What will be the average life span of the Fiat's 1.3MJD engine ? How is a diesel engine more expensive to maintain than a petrol engine ?

Hi, a nice query there! My own 800 has clocked near 2L km & running strong. Modern day petrol engines are designed to outlast the vehicle itself.

Even the diesels these days are pretty good & run almost like petrol engines.

Fiat's MJD is an acclaimed motor & with regular servicing, maintenance should last long & clock some serious mileage.

any engines when driven and maintained properly will last long. Just wanted to know which one lasts longer ? modern petrol engines or todays diesel engines, though none might have done more than 2L kms till now, how much does the manufacturers claim ? The MJD in Punto needs servicing every 15000 kms, but the petrols need more frequent servicings, in that case how can the maintenance be costlier in case of a diesel engine?

The MJD in Punto needs servicing every 15000 kms' date=' but the petrols need more frequent servicings, in that case how can the maintenance be costlier in case of a diesel engine?

[/quote']

You are wrong over here....Both the Punto diesel and petrol need servicing every 15000 kms and not only the diesel one. You will also be surprised that though the servicing of punto needs to be done every 15000 kms but the oil change needs to be done every 30000 kms. Now that is something seriously great....

my zen 2001 has clocked 1.15 lac kms and the engine is still smooth and noise-less but the pick up is down and the engine feels quiet strained on speeds of more than 100 kmph....well if you get your cars serviced regularly then the engine can work easily till 2-3 lac kms...the people who rev their engine to the red line shorten the life of the engine...i have never revved my car beyond 4500 rpm !!!

You are wrong over here....Both the Punto diesel and petrol need servicing every 15000 kms and not only the diesel one. You will also be surprised that though the servicing of punto needs to be done every 15000 kms but the oil change needs to be done every 30000 kms. Now that is something seriously great....

I was talking about  petrol engines as a whole and not only Punto. 15000 service intervals for petrol engines is really a very good thing to happen, and oil change @30000kms for the MJD Punto is simply great smiley32.gif

But the point is that are diesels still and really costly to maintain than the petrols ?

Or is it vice versa ?