swiftvxi06

New Hyundai Santro

Hyundai will launch the revised version of its best seller Santro in the Indian market on September 1st. The launch looks to have been pre-poned due to competition from the just launched Maruti Suzuki Estilo which comes with revised styling and interiors and an all new 1.0 Litre K-Series engine which is more fuel efficient, powerful and also meets the stringent Bharat IV emission norms which will be applicable in all the metros from April 2010.

Dont know man. I think they wont bring the santro crdi rather they would bring the i10 crdi with 1.1 litre CRdi power plant. Its going to be a worthy alternative to Ritz DDiS and its elder brother Swift because frankly speaking the i20 crdi is highly expensive that too for a hatchback with a 1.4litre crdi engine and its competitors are not Ritz and Swift rather Skoda Fabia and other big hatches as well as some sedans too. The i10 crdi would be Hyundai's answer to Maruti Suzuki at the  diesel  medium hatchback segment... 

already said many times that new santro wud be just a little changes in interiors and revised suspension ....i personally dont think picanto will replace santro ....moreover picanto looks more a hotch potch than santro in looks....better hyundai stick to original desing and improve on its weaknesses ....such a ride and dull interiors ....rest is simply awesome in this car....

Obviously the Picanto is bigger car than Santro, but the facelifted Santro may have grille & lights like Picanto which to me arent that good, the front lights looks similar to A-star. I think Santro needs new interiors & good ride, rest it looks nice.

Yes Mr. Rishi

Picanto n' santro are built upon two different platform. Picanto is built on Getz platform. If they want to bring it here now' date=' price will jump. So it a no brainer to be here. So mod, be ready to lock this "misleading" thread

[/quote']

Now I am right the new santro is out and is in no connection with PICANTO

Also I think santro will RIP soon. No photos or ads or news anywhere.

the facelifted version of santro is already out, though not drastic facelifts on exteriors  but some good changes in interiors.

the new santro has come up with

* New body coloured radiator grille

* Full wheel cover

* rear spoiler

* rear parcel tray

* Brown and beige interiors

I have written text courtsey to indianautosblog, but ya those are my views too. After Hatchs like i10 and i20 i expected more from them.

With the hatch competition heating up with beat to enter the market soon and an update to estilo thats way better than the previous model, i expected much more from them, say airbags, 2 din stereo, a better instrument cluster etc.

I really like hyundai and think they have world class products. But sometimes their thinking baffles me. You are advertising that you 6.5 lakh hatchback has 6 airbags but your 8.5 lakh sedan has none? What the hell is that?

I am telling you, next i expect from Hyundai will be the all new accent and the new feature will be poorer interiors and floor mats!!!YAY!!

My suggestion, bring the i30 to India, atleast fight for the second place in the sedan market, if you cant compete with ANHC. Stop making these silly upgrades, and make some serious changes, like the one from santro to santro xing. And bring in the Hyundai genesis to india.

Also bring in the i40 to india ASAP. It will certainly increase its repute in India. I am saying so because if it waits for say 2 years, by then that design would have already gotten old, and we would get an older version while rest of the world would be wiating for the facelifted version

After Hatchs like i10 and i20 i expected more from them.

i expected it tooo

but your 8.5 lakh sedan has none? What the hell is that?

be logical rahul' date=' small car with 6 airbags has cost people 6.5, similar safety equipment will shoot the verna's price to around 10 lac, will so price sensative Indian customer ready to pay much? Even ANHC doesn't has it....

I am telling you, next i expect from Hyundai will be the all new accent and the new feature will be poorer interiors and floor mats!!!YAY!!

may be u r right, but thats because the competitors doesn't have such safety features and enjoying the cream, then why the hell hyundai think about theses features, after all they are here for business yaar, not to teach the market!!!

My suggestion' date=' bring the i30 to India, atleast fight for the second place in the sedan market, if you cant compete with ANHC.

[/quote']  my dear i30 is not a sedan

Also bring in the i40 to india ASAP. It will certainly increase its repute in India. I am saying so because if it waits for say 2 years' date=' by then that design would have already gotten old, and we would get an older version while rest of the world would be wiating for the facelifted version[/quote']

don't scold hyundai for delayed product release, they are the first one to launch their newest models in India first. don't forget that Maruti launched their Estilo in India only after the Suzuki has stopped producing and selling the same vehicle in Japan.