chawla

Ritz Petrol waiting period

I called two of the Maruti Dealers today in bangalore and found that Ritz petrol has 2-3 months of waiting period. Any idea what is the reason of that?

According to AutoCar sales figure Ritz ws able to sell around 6300 units last month. If we assume 80% sales of Ritz Petrol even then it comes out to be just 5000 units per month. Can't maruti produce 5000 units in a month???

Are these booking periods real ?? Any idea if anything can be done to get it early?

As far as waiting period is considered, it largely depends on factors like variant selected(Lxi, Vxi, Zxi), the choosen colour, and of course the City from which you are buying the car.

Contact the dealer again and ask if which colour/Variant is readily avaialble. Also try out with another dealer.

Give the dealer an impression that, your deal will be now/never. smiley4.gif .

A friend of mine got delivery of Ritz VDi in Fire Brick Red colour last week. He got within 3days after booking!! [:-)]

VDi doesn't takes much time but for petrol which is on high demand there is a big waiting. I asked him about all the versions, they said version selected doesn't makes any difference but if you can choice 2-3 colours then we can make it fast. It means i am paying a big amount and not getting a color of my like. that is not fair smiley6.gif

The waiting period is not only because of Ritz demand. Ritz shares its manufacturing line with i think either swift or A-star. Swift is in high demand here while A-star has export demands, from both Nissan and suzuki itself. So there is a capacity crunch causing the waiting period.

On the other hand i10 has its individual line, even though it also has export duties.

Also remember even the 1.2 KB series engine alone is also exported.

Almost every maruti car has waiting, although there is good demand but not as such as they are pretending. The waiting period is mainly because of low production due to many products in line. With huge demand even i10 has almost no waiting so with less than i10's demand, the waiting for Ritz is just because of less production and not very high demand.

Yes. 3 day waiting period is really low. It was because one car was readily available with the dealer at that particular time. We are from Kottayam district in Kerala.

If you are too keen on the colour, the waiting period will be high. I am also an owner of Ritz. I got the car on very the next day, also the same reason as above. Initially, I was too keen on White colour. But later-on I choose the colour which was readily available.

I still feel that the Variant selected also plays a major role, since Vxi variants are in heavy demand.

I would advice you to give the option of 2-3 good colours, which would really help.

I am talking from my own experience. Its not the colour, which you will like the most in the long run; rather it is the comfort and convenience of the car. I was actually hating the Red colour, but now I have started loving the it. :-)

That's perfect! I think there are two shades of Red. I took Fire Brick Red. So I hope the delivery time will be less considering that you have a choice of three colours.

Which variant are you planning to take?

I think the waiting period for Ritz should be less than cars like Swift and Dzire, since the Ritz being produced from Gurgaon plant whereas the latter from Manesar plant.

All the very best. Happy Motoring. :-)

Can you please tell us the color choices available for faster delivery. I will book an LDi this month and it will be very helpful for me.

Little off topic - Any one aware of any discounts in any version of Ritz? I have been inquiring in Chennai and being a new model I have been getting the same price quotes.

We just booked a Ritz VDi in Fire brick red and have been assured delivery in a couple of weeks. Colours like blue, silver, grey and black are readily available and I was told that delivery would be much quicker for these colours.

@ ecekarthik: None of the dealers are giving discounts on the Ritz as it is a new car and has a healthy demand. At best you can get some free accessories.

Hey guys,

Good news- Heard from a friend there was an email from MUL to it's dealers for a 8K discount on diesel Ritz. I checked with Khivraj motors in Mount road chennai and they have confirmed !!

@5u3zEr0: I see that you are from Chennai so please check with your Khivraj or your dealer before you take delivery smiley4.gif

Really, the diesel Ritz sports unbelievable performance..I'm driving one. Regarding the demand, i think Maruti pumps out loads of Ritz..but the overwhelming demand for Ritz petrol is making maruti to difficult to meet the demand. I have not seen any car featuring in the most selling cars list in a month after launch.

@ ecekarthik: Thanks for the info, we will get it checked with Khivraj, as we have also booked it through them but in Adyar.

Why is everybody opting for the petrol Ritz instead of the diesel?? I thought the diesel would have a bigger demand.

@ ecekarthik: Thanks for the info' date=' we will get it checked with Khivraj, as we have also booked it through them but in Adyar.

Why is everybody opting for the petrol Ritz instead of the diesel?? I thought the diesel would have a bigger demand.
[/quote']

I am also surprised, esp. considering that the South is a much bigger Diesel market.

I think it is the new K12 engine which has made a really big impact. And the ritz diesel is a bit on the pricey side too. On road bombay is almost 6 laks. A few thousand more would get you a fully loaded swift

Maruti's intial strategy was to sell more Petrol Ritz than Diesel. Hence they have priced the Diesel Ritz slightly costliert than Diesel Swift. Also, the Petrol Ritz comes with all new K-series engine, which is one of a kind. And the Swift is not yet available with the K-series engine.

All these factors make the Petrol Ritz more and more desirable.

The Ritz is better for City use than Swift; and natural choice for city use is a petrol car. Hence, Ritz petreol sells well.

Whereas the Swift diesel is a very clever highway car!!

why does maruti suffers with such demand and supply issues?

i admit that Ritz is doing decent numbers in sales but its not that sky touching so that they can't cop up with demand smiley7.gif

right now maruthi has a capacity of  85000 cars.84000 cars were sold in august.

thats the supply issue.smiley36.gif

right now maruthi has a capacity of  85000 cars.84000 cars were sold in august.

thats the supply issue.smiley36.gif

Where did you find these figures dude? 84000 could be annual not monthly!!!

Please support your figures