anusha

Indica Vista safire Aura or fiat grande ive1.2

I am planning to buy a petrol hatchback and after lots of thinking and research I have shortlisted 3 cars:

1. Fiat grande punto 1.2 active (Front power windows, spacious boot, awesome looks to say the least, FIAT build)

2. Indica Vista safire aura (fully loaded, with all power windows, fog lamps, body color ORVM ,rub rails and door handles , ICE, rear defogger and demister)

3.Indigo CS glx (Fully loaded, minus ICE)

Both punto and Vista share the same heart in the sense powered by the FIRE 1.2 engine from FIAT. Indigo CS gives the feel of a sedan.

This car will be mostly driven by me in Bangalore city and for occasional getaways on the highway.

Which of the above cars is best suitable for lady diving?

Is the extra 40K worth paying for punto when compared to the fully loaded vista or indigo CS?

Both vista and indigo have a discount of around 16-17k on OTR. Whereas the Punto has about 8k and no freebies

I am confused. Plz help me decide on my first car

Try out the Ritz' date=' its the best among the 1.2L engine?cars.

Its easy to drive, has light controls but looks at the rear need some getting used to.
[/quote']

I personally dont like the looks of the ritz, specially the rear, and at my budget, i get only the lxi model which is the basic with no extra features other than AC and power steering

Ok, can I know your requirements to be able to guide you better?

Otherwise strictly from the ones you listed, Indica Vista makes most sense to me.  Avoid Indigo CS as new Indigo is around the corner. Also, I hear that Punto is somewhat sluggish.

I have also added maruti suzuki swift to the list of short listed cars :-P

I will be needing this car for city driving, mainly to commute around 500 km/month in Bangalore city. I might take it out occassionally for short highway trips, say once in 4 months. I need a car which is suitable for this, I am a sedate driver, so wont be vrooming much.

Are you a Tata/Fiat fan?  My list will include the i10 kappa, Ritz, Swift, A-Star and also the new Estilo. There are lot's of things that can go wrong with your list of cars. Fiat Punto 1.2 is a bullock cart on four wheels, Tata's a very tempting with their price tag but can become heavy on the up keep, with time. If I were you I'd stick to MSIL/Hyundai: they make the affordable/best hatches in India, period.

Are you a Tata/Fiat fan?? My list will include the i10 kappa' date=' Ritz, Swift, A-Star and also the new Estilo. There are lot's of things that can go wrong with your list of cars. Fiat Punto 1.2 is a bullock cart on four wheels, Tata's a very tempting with their price tag but can become heavy on the up keep,?with time. If I were you I'd stick to MSIL/Hyundai: they make the affordable/best hatches in India, period.[/quote']

I agree with you sir... I realised that too and I wouldnt want to be associated with tata indica brand. So i10 kappa it will be. smiley20.gif

yeah i think the i10sportz kappa model in flaming red with those gorgeous red toned seas will be good for you...especially in bangalore traffic...its so refined and easy to drive if a bit expensive..I have a santro in our family(my dad's) and it has crossed 1 lakh kms with no probs so I would stick with others opinion to go for a hyundai.

But ,for me when I am back in India it will be the Indica vista petrol ..dont know why..always a fan of tata's ride and comfort..I owned an Indica and my family just loved it for its comfort and space...So since you are the bubbly type.. go for the i10...suits you the best i guess..

Happy motoring...