chawla

Ritz sales Vs i10 Sales figure

Can anyone tell me what is the reason behind i10 selling far above Ritz. If we compare the figures Hyndai sold 11187 units of i10 whether Maruti sold just 6214 units of Ritz.

Each and every magazine and forums have rated Ritz a segment above i10 and the prices too are nearly same even then how come there is such a huge difference between the sales?

I am following 4-5 car magazines/forums. Auto Car, Overdrive, WhatCar, zigswheel, Autobuild etc. and all of them have rated Ritz far superior then i10. I am really not able to digest these figures. Are these figures due to the inclusion of low cost models of i10 Era and D-lite?

Dear in today wheelocity TV autocar show, the experts have replied to the query that the value of money car is i10 among A-star, Ritz, i10, Aveo Uva & spark. This is because Uva and spark are outdated and there is a big waiting period for ritz and A-star. Although the Ritz have a more refined engine but i 10 is also having kappa engine and is value for money. I personally dont like the rear sahpe of  Ritz and comparatively i10 is a beautiful car from all angles and dimensions. The only thing is which i like is that the Ritz have big tyres as compared to i10.

Looks are subjective so let's not consider that.

I can't understand how i10 is value for money and Ritz is not.... If you compare the rates they are exactly the same.

prices:

Ritz LXi == i10 Magna

Ritz VXi == i10 Sportz

Ritz ZXi == i10 Asta

The features they provide too are nearly same (only big difference is that i10 Magna has power windows whether Lxi doesn't) so i don't how the value for money thing comes. Am i missing something here?

I don't agree that kappa engine is better then Ritz k-series, if you see all the reviews and read the magazines you will find K-series is better refined and is more responsive then kappa.

I also saw Sidarth's respponse in wheelocity he didn't suggested Ritz and swift because of high waiting period and he is the person who was in strong favor of Ritz 2-3 weeks back.

I think that Ritz sales are not showing its demand, its the no. that maruti was able to produce. If you compare swift+ritz figure to the i10 you will understand. But I feel the better interior of the i10 is also helping it a little bit.

Yes Rahul i agree that it is the number which Maruti was able to produce.

If we add both swift and ritz then yes it is a bit above i10 but still above 11000 for i10 is a very very good number

The main reson for i10's good sales in that, it is already well- received in Indian market. At the time when i10 was launched, there was literally not much competition present, since all of the other cars available were very old.

Also, it was a very good decision from Hyundai to bring the kappa engine lateron, which also helped improving the brand image of i10.

However, I feel that, if we are comparing the slaes of i10 with maruti products, we need to cosider cars like A-star, New Estilo and wagon R also.

The i10 Era and D-lite variants compete with the cars like A-star, Estilo and Wagon R in the lower segment;

And the Magna, Sportz and Asta Variants competing with Swift an d Ritz.

Hence, we need to seperately compare the sales of i10 kappa with Swift and Ritz alone; and the 1.1lit i10 with A-star, Estilo and wagon R. Then the Maruti cars are having an edge if sales figures are considered.

It was rather a very clever strategy from Hyundai that they have postioned i10 in the mid-way between the (A-star,Estilo,Wagon R) segment and (Swift-Ritz) segment, attracting the otherwise potent customers of Maruti. :-)

See.. bro..if you have decided on buying the ritz, go ahead with it..

its a good car...

dont start comparing it with i10 and say all this... different people like to choose different cars... no need for you to drive home the point tht ritz is superior,...

if you think ritz is BETTER, then go ahead with it,, instead if having difficulty digesting..

@RKNG

I am trying to understand the reason here. I do not want to show that my choice is better then others. See i am planning to purchase first car of my life and i have developed a new interest in them so want to evaluate my decision before going for it.

I have to compare all the cars in my budget only then i can decide which one i like to go for. I agree different people like to choose different cars but everybody has there reason for going for that car. If you are at my position will you not compare the cars before making decision???

The sales figure of i10 and Ritz should not be compared right at this point of time.One thing to be remembered here is that i10 has its presence here in the Indian market for now almost over 2 years (considering both its Era & Kappa versions).Ritz is a newly introduced product which is at a segment higher than i10,but very well appreciated & termed the best amongst all its contenders.A figure of above 6000 nos. in the second month itself (July is properly the second full month after its launch in may'09),is pretty good for the car.I doubt whether any of its segment competitors have sales figures anywhere nearer to it! For the time being,the long waiting period is playing a slight dampener in its road presence in comparison to i10.But,once this gets streamlined,the figures would shoot up.

The sales figure of i10 and Ritz should not be compared right at this point of time.One thing to be remembered here is that i10 has its presence here in the Indian market for now almost over 2 years (considering both its Era & Kappa versions).Ritz is a newly introduced product which is at a segment higher than i10' date='but very well appreciated & termed the best amongst all its contenders.A figure of above 6000 nos.?in the second month itself (July is properly the second full month after its launch in may'09),is pretty good for the car.I doubt whether any of its segment competitors have sales figures anywhere nearer to it! For the time being,the long waiting period is playing a slight dampener in its road presence in comparison to i10.But,once this gets streamlined,the figures would shoot up.

[/quote']

You are perfectly right.. I have not seen any new car crossing 6000 units in two months after launch (swift might be an exception). "Ritz has become a smash hit for the Maruti," says Autocar India (refer Autocar september edition)..

don't presume by initial sales figures. Jazz received 1000 bookings withing first week of its launch. but thats not going to be carried away further. Similarly don't just go by initial sales figures.

There is no doubt that Ritz is good, infact it would be better to say that its engine is good, but in our country, even bull carts can be sold in thousands, if people see Maruti logo at them!!!

i10 doing consistent sales of 10,000 +/month, in the face of fierce competition from MSIL, speaks of how good a car i10 is. Actually speaking, there's not much to be had in term of dimensions of the Ritz/i10, but the the weight advantage of the i10 makes it a zippy drive as compared to the Ritz. Durango Dude2009-09-08 13:10:32