vinfriend

Which grade engine oil for M800 1991 Type-I model?

The castrol website says Magnatec is a SAE 10W-40 grade oil. As far as I know maruti recommends SG/20w40 grade for M800 1991 model. But I found Castrol 'Motor Oil' conforms to API SG/CD, SAE 20W50. So please help me to decide...

Castrol Magnatec is excellent. But beware of fakes. Get the original and thats the best and latest.

Thanks Anjan,

Anyway, I replaced mineral oil with Castrol Magnatec 10w40 which costed 1000/- for 3L and also changed Oil filter(MGP). Now engine sound reduced and feeling more pickup. But engine is heating up more with castrol. When I did run engine idle for 20 mins the radiator fan is switching on more frequently as it was before oil change. Is normal? or should I change to Magnatec 20w50? plz help.

But engine is heating up more with castrol. When I did run engine idle for 20 mins the radiator fan is switching on more frequently as it was before oil change. Is normal?

But why do you idle for 20 mins? You should switch the engine off instead of wasting fuel.

Thanks vinfriend, Nice that you are happy with your car's performance now.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I still believe Castrol is the best brand available in our market today. Many other western brands have flooded the market though and many people suggest other brands. Other than the fake scare Castrol is excellent!

The engine heating may have some other reason behind it. Not usually due to change of oil!

10W-40W is good enough . My 1987 maruti 800 has done a year  (around 3000kms) with the Magnatec with no hassles. The engine performs very well now. Earlier I used Castrol GTX.

anjan_c20072009-09-19 18:26:26

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><>

I own a Hero Honda CBZ, model 2002,

36000km on the odo, I regularly checked the engine oil. It reduces 100ml or

more after I run 200km and also was leaving black smoke out of the silencer; i

went to an expert HH (Hero Honda) mechanic. He advice me to go for engine

overhaul work, I mean new piston, crank, shaft, bearing, clutch plates, spark

plug etc etc. Then all the work is done now with new spares. The expenses went up

to 11000rs....rest of the things r fine but m not satisfied with the engine

oil, smoothness and gets hot soon. I used recommended Hero Honda 4T engine

oil till now but now have

no faith in HH engine oil. After spending so much money i want to put good

engine oil not HH. I m confused and worried abt my engine and

duplicate engine oils. So Can u plz recommend me some good engine oil

and some other suggestions....i inquired with an authorized engine oil dealer

he said CASTROL is the best!!!

what is ur

opinion abt

1. CASTROL POWER 1,Castrol Activ SAE 20W40 or Castrol Activ Xtra SAE 20W50

or

2. MOBIL 1.

or

3.YAMAHA LUBE

You SHOULD use Castrol Activ 20W40 (This complies with the Recommendation of Hero Honda for CBZ) or Castrol Activ Xtra 20W50 (This is Superior to Castrol Activ 20W40 at High Temperatures). The Cost Difference between Activ and Activ Xtra is around Rs.30-50/-. So now you decide which to go for.

You can contact Castrol for Authorised Dealer Locator at below link-

Now I am at Office. I will Post the Toll Free Contact Number when I reach Home. I have the CAN which has Toll Free Number. You can contact on that Number and ask the Details of you nearest Authorised Dealer.

Off-Topic--

BTW what parts did you change that amounted to WHOPPING Rs.11,000/-.

Please specify the Bill in Detail.

The Numbers are--

Toll-Free=>1800-22-2100

Mumbai Office=>022-66984144.

You can call on either of them and ask about the details of the Authorised Dealer in your city Dharwad.