swiftvxi06

New Hyundai Accent Diesel may be unveiled soon

hyundai-accent-executive.jpg

Hyundai Motors India might unveil the diesel variant of their Accent sedan in the market. Hyundai Verna was launched as a replacement for the Accent but the diesel version of that model is much expensive compared to rival diesel sedans in the market.

Hyundai Accent is currently available in Petrol along with CNG/LPG options. Maruti Suzuki dominates the diesel sedan market with their Swift DZiRE model. Other rivals include Tata Indigo. Hyundai Accent remains an excellent model in its segment and a diesel version would further boost the sales for the company. New Accent diesel would be a very good alternative to Swift Dzire,Ikon TDCi, Logan DCi and even Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi to some extent. Hope Hyundai launches it fast.

(SOURCE: BURNYOURFUEL.COM)
swiftvxi062009-08-30 18:51:15

Thanks for the info. Swiftvxi, Hyundai should have never discontinued diesel as it was giving the max. nos.

If they plonk i20's diesel motor, then the Accent could be an exciting option still!

Yup now it should be with 1.4 CRDi which is latest and not old 1.5CRDi. But i seriously feel that like many other companies in india even hyundai should design a sedan version of i20 as it looks good and the current look of i20 will suit its sedan avatar unlike swift. Sedan i20 will not look ugly & with around 60-75k of increase it should be a good buy but then it should be a replacement of Verna and not Accent.

@bluesaphire

Verna replacement was supposed to be i30, but accoding to sources it is not coming before next 2011.

I think it will be best to give Accent a facelift, change the interiors and plonk th 1.4 petrol and diesel units in it. That way it will generate good demand, therefore help them in cutting cost of producing it here and so they will not be imported. All this will lead to reduction of i20 CRDi prices, and bring them in range with punto.

Yes it was suppose to be i30 but i guess it will easily touch 10lac mark, i20 is also good and a cheaper alternative. And yes accent needs a facelift but interiors are actually good with those classy looking glossy wooden trim and features like keyless entry and all. This segment needs a good all rounder diesel sedan, almost every car in this segment have one or many problems, no car is all-rounder but Accent CRDi can become a good all-rounder with comfort, good looks, good engine, space, Hyundai brand and of-course a good price tag. Ikon TDCi is also a good car but suffers from FORD brand.

I am somehow against the opinion of bringing back the old work horse. They might be doing this just because Ford has plonked Fiesta's diesel unit in the ikon and are promoting it as if there is no tomorrow.

I want to see new, technologically advanced products in the Indian market. Car makers - Dont exploit our market please.

if the news is true then its indeed a great news ....accent deisel can give a tough fight to rivals like desire deisel and ikon deisel ...both desire and ikon r selling mainly in their deisel form ..and aceent is unable to give them a fight in the deisel market ...

but i dont agree with converting i20 into a sedan ...m sure hyundai will not do that ...it makes no sense as i20 already has a 300l boot space which is more then enough for any practical use ...moreover giving adding a boot to a hatch doesnot add to passenger space ...then what is the use of meesing up with gorgeous looks of i20....

and we should not forget hyundai has build a prestige all over the world in a passage of time....now its world no.4 just below ....toyota , gm and volkswagon....hence it wud not like to leave an impration that its designers competent to design a new car from srap if they have to design call it a sedan rather they prefer to add or subtract boot ...we should not expect same stupidity as tata and suzuki do in india ...

looking forward for new accent crdi...it will rock for sure

Looks interesting- Hyundai has i20 CRDi at over 7 lakhs and now Accent will be priced at the same range or even lower if it doesn't come with the bells whistles the i20 has.

This is not something new man, take for example

-Tata indica vista is costier than Indigo CS

-Ford  Fusion is costier than Ikon

the reason here is "Hatches belongs to latest generation where as sedans are not"

If the accent could come with a diesel engine, it indeend is a good news. It will give the value-concious-sedan-loving buyers a good time. It will sure give the Dzire and Ikon a competition, if executed well.

The suspension of the accent needs to be stiffened, in my opinion. The interios are already have a feel good factor; though not og very good quality. So not much changes needed for interiors. However, the exteriors needs to change!! Moreover, Hyundai need to make Diesel engines more affordable. They need to manufacture Diesel engines locally, instead of importing them.

If the news is true, it is clear that, Hyundai will not faceout accent soon. Hope we can also expect changes to Petrol motor as well then.

Looks interesting- Hyundai has i20 CRDi at over 7 lakhs and now Accent will be priced at the same range or even lower if it doesn't come with the bells whistles the i20 has.

This is not something new man' date=' take for example

?

-Tata indica vista is costier than Indigo CS

-Ford? Fusion is costier than Ikon

?

the reason here is "Hatches belongs to latest generation where as sedans are not"

?
[/quote']

Oh yeah, I simply forgot about all of them.

Looks like Hyundai is following the footsteps of Tata et al.

I don't think the Accent is likely to get any diesel engine. If at all, it is mostly likely to be chopped off the production line. It is a car that has done well in India, but is totally out of sync with the Hyundai model line up in the rest of the world. It may not make any economic sense to continue with the model by putting new engines into it.

Looks like Hyundai is trying to do a Ford here. (Ford had plonked the Fiesta's successful TDCi engine in Ikon. Hyundai is doing the same with Acccent by plonking a Crdi engine). Ikon's sales haven't taken off as such despite the engine transplant. Let's wait and watch how it goes for the Accent.

HeyAkash, The Accent CRDi would be a successful car as it looks much more better  than Ford Ikon TDCi and after all these years Hyundai still uses quality materials in Accent..The shut lines are tight and perfect and the interiors are top notch with beige fabric and wood inserts. And devoid of panel gaps which are found in both Dzire and Ikon TDCi.IMHO Hyundai might not use the CRDi powerplant of Verna and may be it would make a smaller capacity CRDi engine in the range of 1.3 to 1.4litres in order to compete with Dzire Diesel, Tata Indigo Vista( to be launched in Diwali), Ford Ikon TDCi, Renault Logan 1.5 DCi GLE.

I will be surprised. The Accent in my view is on the way out. The Verna ia the 'New Accent'. The 1.5 petrol also does meet E-IV norms. The overlap between the Accent & the Verna will be just too much.

Hyundai might be able to offer the Accent diesel at a cheaper price level now. I doubt if the i20 diesel engine will find its way into the accent. It might push up prices.

The Getz diesel was only recently discontinued, so they might find a way to keep the 1.5 Crdi engine going for sometime yet.

I really do not understand Hyundai's strategy. Why are they continuing with this model (and even planning upgrades, modifications, etc. for it)?

Reports state that there is demand for the accent in the maket in Thailand, Malaysia. So Hyundai continues producing it and feels that since they are bearong the costs, why not continue with it in the domestic market.

IMHO such a strategy is not good for the image of a company.

the logic behind this is to provide customers the cheap option of diesel sedan and give some competition to Dzire, logan and iKon.

the Accent will still offer better luxury thn any of above sedans.