Autospass

Hatch Back confusion

Hi Friends,

I would really appreciate your suggestion on my two queries :

A) I need to chose car on the following parameter : a) Safety B) Ride Comfort c) Maintanence and d) Performance in the same order.I have a daily office commuting of 80 Kms per day Mon-Friday from Faridabad to Gurgaon.Limited travel during weekends (Total : approx. 1800  km per month).

I am confused between Fiat Grande Punto Diesel (Emotion Pack), I20 Diesel (Asta), Ritz ZXI and Swift ZXI.Budget 5 Lacs onwards.I can stretch it upto 7 Lacs but the lesser I stretch, the better it is.Also open for any other car that you suggest.I will keep this new car for the next 5 years.

I am am currently owning Maruti Zen.

B) In case your verdict is Ritz please let me know if it will be a safe car for daily commuting bteween Faridabad-Gurgaon hilly highway which is very proneto accidents.I read in some of the reviews that Ritz is not a very safe highway car and hence my concern.

Thanks in advance for your help.

With your kind of usage it is advisable to go for a diesel car.

If safety is your priority than Skoda Fabia diesel classic or Grande Punto diesel.

If reliability is in the top of your list, than i20 crdi

If ease of driving than go for Ritz or swift diesel.

Iam using Fabia diesel, so just in case you need more information on it than  get back to me.

in my opinion go for ritz zxi.overall it will be a good car.because of tall boy design there is some body roll.other wise...its good car

i20 desiel. got only mid range and is initial pick up & top end performance is bad.

swift overall outdated.there is only performace. no other qualities.

punto diesel is much cheaper compared to i20 diesel & much better. but only concern is ASS.

i think petrol vehicle is  enough for you.

u may choose ritz zxi if petrol.(i20 kappa may also be considered.though moderate on performance)

punto .if diesel  is your priority.

In my opinion the kind of requirements you have require added safety.

Go for Punto or i20, Personally i would suggest you a Punto, the build quality is very good and E+ comes with 2 airbags, i20 comes with 6 airbags in OPTIONAL model but the price diff is too much.

Do a TD of both cars and select, opinions here may be a bit biased due to brand loyalities.

Safty = i20 (5 star given for safety)but considering price factor its costly. Fabia could be a good option 3= Punto looking for reliability then go for maruti ritz.

The best option regarding your usage will be Swift Vdi with ABS option. It is a very good driver's car, and is very good for long distance drives. Its front seats are very comfortable and supportive.

It is vary fuel efficient and you will not need to stretch your budget.

Always wear seat belts, since that simple safety device itself can save you in Indian roads.

Do not get fooled by bigger and more expensive cars. Since you need a car for office commute, the huge rear leg room and huge boot space will not be of much use. The swift's rear seat will not be enough only if all the 5 members in the car are more than 6 feet in height.

I think Maruti's great after sale service, cheaper spares, good driving manners, smooth gear box, and very good ride comfort(heard that they improved the ride comfort recenty) will be a boon on your daily commute.

My advise is compare all cars you want with their feature with price, road manners, space, after sales and service is not a issue with any of these cars you are looking but how much you will spend in servicing your car in year is what matters and safety is very important for you because I know the road you have mentioned, therefore take your own decision on your merit.

a) Safety B) Ride Comfort c) Maintanence and d) Performance

a- i20 & punto

b- punto & Swift

c- Swift & i20

d- Swift

I will suggest you to go with punto,

i. since safety is your first priority,

ii. save around a lakh w.r.to i20

iii. an unmatched driving dynamics and comfort

iv. a no-problem proven national engine

v.not to forget the unmatched equipments for the price(Emo Pack has tons of goodies)

You should short list between the Punto and the i20 diesels.

Both are good cars according to your parameters.

Swift is suddenly started to look old compared to the above probably because of too many of them on the road.

Yes Anijog,

You are right. If you are buying a swift, you cannot have exclusivity. A swift is too common these days! :-(

However, there are advantages too for Swift Diesel. The resale value is high, as well as the maintenance is never a problem.  It is having the best fuel efficiency of the lot, as well as is the most entertaining.

If you had to carry your family also in a daily basis for long drives, I would have suggested you the i20 Diesel; though it is considerably more expensive.

I am still not convinced with Punto, though it seems to be a good car. The main reason is after seeing many Palios having small small reliability issues. Though fiat cars have very good build quality, the reliability seems to be below par(at least in the case of Palio). Hope Punto will be more reliable than Palio.

i20 is a very good car but i feel it's overpriced, Punto will be around 70k cheaper and has lots of features including blue and me.

You have mentioned your budget to be 7 lacs and Punto emotion pack will be within your budget.

Punto has the best ride quality and should be cheap to maintain.

Frankly speaking one just go by owns judgement as you will find reading the threads will make you more confusing.

I am also looking for buying a new car and its almost more than one month I have been doing TD's.  I have done TD's of Punto (Diesel), Fabia (Petrol & Diesel), jaaz and i20 (O) diesel.

Punto Emotion PK is a good car.  Very Slient Engine.  You will not hear any noise.  Good car full with loads of features. 

Jaaz.  I think Honda are offering same features in all models. Costly car. Any how OK car.

Fabia Elegance is also a good car better than Jaaz but only one question mark - ASS as I have read various horror stories of Skoda dealers.

i20 (o) offers all features except blue and me.  Enginee noisy, typres noise can be heard inside. Less leg room. Problem in pressing the clutch and you are not able to sit comfortably so your feet cannot press it properly.  Steering position is bad.  You feel like sitting in a racing car.  Expensive. 

If you can wait for some more months than new models of VW Polo and premium fiat hatch back Bravo is soon going to hit the Indian Roads.

Hey I am also confused which one to buy!!!!smiley5.gif

However' date=' there are advantages too for Swift Diesel. The resale value is high, as well as the maintenance is never a problem.??It is having the best fuel efficiency of the lot, as well as is the most entertaining. [/quote']

totally agree with you mate. Swift Diesel is a really nice car with low maintainence and high on performance. In my views, it is the optimal VFM car