sarfira

Issues with Safari2.2

My 2.2 has done 3000kms till now.
A major grouse i am feeling is that driving the 2.2 in third gear @40kmph and 60-70 @ fourth gear(cruising) gives bucks and jerks" It will buck and jerk forward, as if I were pushing in the clutch and then dumping it.  This is even evident when its decelerating.

It makes jhan jhan sound from engine when the jerks happen

Would appreciate expert comments on this.

CYRUS432009-09-10 13:11:40

There can be one of few problems.

1. Your fuel might be adultrated, in which case there might be some knocking.

2. Your ECU might be sensing some issue and underfueling.

3.Your driving isnt exactly ideal. As you have explained, your RPM would be extremely low. thus maybe when the car accelerates, maybe its just engine strain.

In Any case, I think the Car is being stressed, or it would be an ECU issue.

I go to service statn and they hook laptop. No errors and issues. some creepy delpi guy said everything normal and no issues.

driving is not ideal.. why.. i am not lugging the engine. the rpm is appox 1900 @45kmph inthrid gear.. is this bad ?

I will ask to replace ecu to check if any help

thanks for all ur replies.

Man?? thats turbo kicking in.?

Its normal only

?

can u elaborate more on this sir

The Safari 2.2 has Turbocharger.

The Turbocharger does not provide Pick up until a predefined RPM is reached. In case of Safari 2.2 DiCOR and Indigo 1.4DiCOR Engine, there is a Variable Turbocharger which provides boost from 1400 rpm. I also experience jerks in our Indigo XL Grand DiCOR at 1750 rpm.

Dont worry just vary the speed and avoid the 1500-1750 rpm range. You will not face jerks at rpms other 1500-1750 range.

Hi,

for the Safari Dicor 2,2 , the turbo kicks in at about 2000RPM and that is when you have a surge of power, to my mind this is what you are experiencing, so I do not see a cause for you to worry if this is mild. However going by my friends who have had problem s before with this Beast, have the service center check on your clutch plates- premature wear is not too uncommon

Please reconfirm the clutch and pressure plate condition at the service center. By the way is the clutch pedal hard?
He said that jerks are felt when the car is motion (at 30-40kph in 3rd gear) and clutch not depressed. So your above quote is baseless.

I think this is because of fuel quality issues(as mentioned above by Cyrus). I have noticed this 2-3 times in my Zen. All times it has happened when I have filled from quarter/half to full tank from a bunk which was not my normal filling station.

But I have experienced the jerks only in Indigo XL (DiCOR Engine) and not in Indigo LS. So its because of the VGT. And the jerks are felt only at the RPM where Turbo kicks in. No problem at other RPMs.