creativebala

Is lack of Kick lever a Bane and Boon

IMO it all depends on how u maintain ur bike's battery,the new pulsar 180 and 220 should hav an lever it will be helpful especially in cold weathers.so i think it's bane

the honda has launched New activa in 2009 with provision of both kick as well as self start. And it is recommended to first start of the bike using kick and after that succeeding start of vehicles can be made through self start button because in morning the first start of vehicle is difficult on relying battery. But see the confidence of Bajaj , as they have not provided the kick lever in new pulsar. So it all depends upon the technology. 

Hi ,

me owns a fz..lack of kicker may be looks updated and sophisticated..but during cold start times am facing a lot of difficulty. this makes me to press the starter motor for atleast 10min..I fed up with this stupidity

What if suddenly battery fails, you can't really predict when your battery will fail. Can bike owners comment, that you have never or ever used your kicker from the day you bought your electric start bike?

I dream of Guys siting in bike in middle of road and their friends pushing it many yards? funny situation.

I think you dont have to push a bike for many yards to start it.

Even if you do, bike is much light than a car.

BTW same situation can occur in cars. You cant even push-start them because of the Fuel-Injection.

I think that situation is funnier.

Sorry dude all the cars can be push started without any problem' date=' only Automatic cars can't be push started
[/quote']

Sorry dude, cars cant be push started.

This is because they have Fuel Injection.

Only machines with Carburetor can be push started.

Fuel Injected machines CAN NOT be push started.

So an FZ may be push started but  R15 CAN NOT be push started.

Hope the point is clear.

Its a boon, if your battery is healthy.

@winner48, earlier i read an issue in ACI during the time of launch of P220 dts-fi. A P220 was having lots of problems in his bike, including starter failure. And it was mentioned that he push started the bike every single time.

It is not recommended as the vehicle may catch fire.

This is what is written in Maruti user manual.

"we do not recommend push starting the bike as this vehicle is fuel injected and may catch fire in the process as there may be fuel spill.

It is not recommended as the vehicle may catch fire.

This is what is written in Maruti?user manual.

"we do not recommend push starting the bike as this vehicle is fuel injected and may catch fire in the process as there may be fuel spill.

Since when does Maruti Make Bikes? And Why should there be a fuel spill if the car is push started?

Winner you need to try some hands on with fuel injected cars and bike i guess.

because what ever i claim has been done by me and its not what i have read somewhere.

And i would really like to knw where did you find this written that push start wil cause fire. No offence.

Well i dont know whats the use of not giving the kick lever in modern bikes, they can give side by side self-start. And i dont know regarding yamaha or bajaj as some said that daily he has some problem without a kick lever for his FZ, but i am the lucky one here as from past 5years i have not used the kick in my Karizma even once i week. May be once in 6months or so when the switch becomes a bit notchy due to rains or so. Even in early mornings i never use kicks, for me its only Self-start and many times i dont use choke also. And since 5years my battery is yet not replaced i think now thats what HH reliability is, with good quality products unlike bajaj they make their owners proud. I just love my ZMA

Sorry dude all the cars can be push started without any problem' date=' only Automatic cars can't be push started
[/quote']

Sorry dude, cars cant be push started.

So an FZ may be push started but? R15 CAN NOT be push started.

Hope the point is clear.

I think this is not correct but I am still looking for answers

But there is a point, if fuel injectors are supposed to fire at a particular time interval which is controlled by the ECU.

I guess the movement of the piston determines the squirting of fuel in the combustion chamber.

so be it a starter or a manual push the moment the piston moves in the cylinder the fuel injectors squirt the fuel.

Possibily the manual may be talking about the flooding of the cylinder head with unusual quantity of fuel that may be getting squirted in the cylinder if the engine does not fire in the first go.

which may lead to uncontrolled fuel supply causing fire due to fuel leaking out of the exhaust port????

Sorry dude' date=' cars cant be push started.

So an FZ may be push started but? R15 CAN NOT be push started.Hope the point is clear.[/quote']

I have Push-Started our Indigo LS many times due to Faulty Solenoid Switch, Low Battery.