creativebala

Which will be your next car? Near Future

Coming next year what will be your next car?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Coming next year what will be your next car?

• VW Polo
    • Ford Fiesta hatch
    • Fiat Punto
    • Maruti Swift
    • Maruti Ritz
    • Tata Indica Vista
    • Hyundai i20
    • Nissan Micra
    • Chevy Beat

The B- segment car market is getting hotter and hotter every day. Customer is going to be spoilt of choice (not very far, may be six months which many takes to zero in on one). Pricing very close to each other, what will be your choice taking into account Price, Performance, Safety, Af.SS, Looks,Space,VFM.

And I know its between 4.5L-6L price band most of these cars are going to lock horns

I am including Ford fiesta hatch here because i have seen it as I live near its manufuring area and it look awesome. And no Fabia or Jazz, hope you know why

Well, My current scorpio will be going in the next two weeks, and then it will be replaced by an all new "Mighty Muscular one"!! Cant wait!! : )

BUTTT.....Small car wise, we are cosidering the polo in the near future.

The way things are developing it may have to be a bullock cart.

Yesterday we were stuck on NH25 (EW corridor linking Lucknow and Kanpur). This was the first part of the GQ to be taken up (remember Lucknow was then the royal constituency) and is still a big mess, to put it mildly.

sgiitk2010-08-04 13:15:12

VW Polo for Sure..

I love the German Engineering & have Huge Charm for VW brand too.

Just Amazed after seeing how much amount of Engineering & Perfection they've put into a Package starting from 4.5 lacs(Polo 1.2l Petrol Trendline).

Truly Class leading.smiley20.gif

Just Waiting to see their Sub 4-lakh Rupee car too. .

Well' date=' My current scorpio will be going in the next two weeks, and then it will be replaced by an all new "Mighty Muscular one"!! Cant wait!! : )[/quote']

You had said somewhere that you have a Bolero.

@ bala

You have included the beat' date=' but no figo or i10.

[/quote']

+1 to that.

Well, as some of you know, we've been contemplating buying a new car for quite some time now. I've given my dad 2 choices - the DZire and the Polo. I'm sure (thanks to my proddling), my dad will go in for the Polo. It has the potential to challenge cars a class higher, because in today's India, with these over-crowded streets, small cars with top end features and quality make better sense.

Though I have gotten used to the width and length of the Elantra in almost 5 years, my next car may be a premium hatch i20 or a smaller sedan: Honda City, Vento and there abouts. I intend keeping my Elantra for a long time though, another three years perhaps even five. I just love the majestic looks of the Accord, but it will be a handful in our traffic conditions.

I have voted for Polo as my family is looking to buy a hatch..I suggested my brother to go for polo. I hope the service is not like skoda

Service is definitely better than Skoda, I believe. At least VW and Skoda Service stations and dealerships are separate.

BTW, We are going to TD Polo tomorrow .

Awesome...can u post the review like ride engine sound..low end torque...build quality...ride and stuff u can think of...I will really appreciate it..Thanks

I've already Test Driven it & its as follows;

Exteriorly:

I've TD driven its 1.2 Petrol Highline variant in Red shade. Looks wise Its an Awesome looking car with low-Slung design & Immense presence amongst the Hatchbacks, probably nearly around the Hyundai i20.

And Smart Alloys, Rear-Wash wipe, defoggers & Integrated Rear-Spoiler, etc further Completing & Enhancing its looks.

But IMO, White is the Best Shade in the Polo, followed by the Black & Also Hats-off to the VW for the Truly German Fit-Finish & Build Quality of the Polo & It seems that this VW will not become old atleast even after 10 years after the Purchase.

Interiors:

The Highline variant was pretty loaded with almost all kinds of features except Electric Mirrors & Automatic Climate Control System.

Best bit of its Interiors being the lighting of its Instrument Console, Switches & Buttons.

Seating is also Comfortable with Adequate Contours of the seat to Support the body in front & rear seats.

Engine & Driveabilty:

On Cranking, Its Petrol engine starts with the Typical rorty note which becomes slightly Racy when Revved.smiley20.gif

Acceleration is also Good & Strong, starting from the 1st Gear.

Gearing & Gearshifts both are Excellent with 2nd Gear reaching Max of upto 80kmph & here's the VW Engineering shows- As Surprisingly the Power delivery is in a very Smooth & Refined manner(unlike other 3-cyl Engines which becomes Jittery & Coarse on Revving Hard).

I've driven the Polo upto the Speeds of 130kmph & It felt much Stable, Confident & Relaxed at that Speeds(as compared to Swift & i20, which feels very Light at high speeds).

As I've Test driven her in the Evening in the month of May & at that time its AC also felt Good.

My Verdict:

With Starting Price of 4.54 lacs for base version & ARAI Claimed FE of 17.2kmpl, the Polo seems to be the Good VFM with Superb German Engineering, Space, Looks & Built Quality. 

By looking at the rates of increase in Petrol & diseal prices a CYCLE would be my next choice.(This is for fun).

I voted for Fiat Punto 90HP, my next small car would be it.

I heard that 1.2L....3cyl engine is not that smooth...let us know how does the 1.6L feel

Its 1.2l, 3-cyl is just Rorty while Cranking only.

Later on, It sets into very Thin & soft note, even at driving too.

While Only Bookings are open for its 1.6l, 4-cyl version but It's not Unveiled & displayed yet, even for Media too.
dr_nishu2010-08-07 09:57:02

Guys, would like to know your next car you are planning shortly.

I am awaiting a Swift, and

IIRC,

Nishu waiting for Swift/ Micra,

Rameshbabu sir might try out Eon and could buy one soon,

Krishna Bhargav - Brio... I have left many here, so Bump IN?

Rameshbabu might try out Eon and could buy one soon' date=' ...

[/quote']

True Bala, you were absolutely right. We are seriously considering buying

a small car (a petite car compared to our Xylo). 

I am waiting for doing a TD of EON.  As I am involved recently in taking

delivery of an I-10 Auto Transmission for our family friend, the local dealer

had become very very pally.  I may do it on the very first day of getting the

EON at Tirupati.

Brio is not available at Tirupati.  I need to go to Nellore to try one. 

It could be either of these two new entrants.