creativebala

GM has an wonderful product line up. Do you agree?

I think GM is or going to get soon a very good line up ? Wat say...  

44 members have voted

1. 1. I think GM is or going to get soon a very good line up ? Wat say...

• Yes
    • No

Personally i don't like any of the GM-Chevy cars available today in the Indian market.

To me their small cars[base of the Pyramid-Spark(its rounded pad like tail-lamps) & Beat(with to much bells & whistles here & there all-around)] are Tad Overstyled,to be called Sober.

Tavera is totally crude now, marred badly by Mahindra Xylo & Tata Grande,etc.

Optra & Cruze lacks the Punch what an 10-lakh spender consumer wants.

Lastly, All friends here Judge urself where the Captiva stands infront of Ford Endeavour & Toyota Fortuner !!!

Overall their all product lacks the Finesse what even the other competitiors have........

Personally i don't like any of the GM-Chevy cars available today in the Indian market.

Beat(with to much bells & whistles here & there all-around)] are Tad Overstyled' date='to be called Sober.

Cruze lacks the Punch what an 10-lakh spender consumer wants.

[/quote']

Could you please elaborate on these points. 

Tavera is totally crude now' date=' marred badly by Mahindra Xylo & Tata Grande,etc.[/quote']

As if Tata Grande is very stylish and a big hit smiley36.gif

Overall their all product lacks the Finesse what even the other competitiors have........

Well, GM offers best interiors in its class. Even the outdated Aveo and Optra had the best interiors in their respective segments when they were launched. Its just that some people cannot see beyond the Hondas and Marutis and appreciate other manufacturers.

Just an FYI.

GM has been a amazing story the way this company has fallen out of favor with its customer , parent company gone bankrupt , floods in vadodara stopping and damaging the plant in short evrything that can go wrong has gone wrong still it has bounced back launched new & better products and has been able to win customer trust .

Barring the Spark and Captiva for a brief period(till the Fortuner burst onto the scene)Cruze may be had novelty value when it was launched; all other Chevy's product's have failed to catch the buyer's imagination. Waiting to see how the Beat can "Beat" the trend and not depend on huge discount's to sell. Aveo, UV-A, Optra and Tavera are dying a slow death. With advent of the Tata Winger I think Tavera also has been sidelined, in the taxi segment. The only thing that makes Chevy's to sell is the Fat discount's and fantastic 3 yr maintainence free package.

Well' date=' GM offers best interiors in its class. Even the outdated Aveo and Optra had the best interiors in their respective segments when they were launched. Its just that some people cannot see beyond the Hondas and Marutis and appreciate other manufacturers.[/quote']

You are 1000% right. How many people take a TD on GM product before they buy a car.

Spark @ 3L is far better than santro/WR/zen (w.r.to stabilty, suspension, HPS, 3 yrs promise)

Now Beat @ 4L again is better than A*, i10

Cruze is the most powerful car in its price band

Beat(with to much bells & whistles here & there all-around)] are Tad Overstyled' date='to be called Sober.

[/quote']

Could you please elaborate on these points. 

Tavera is totally crude now' date=' marred badly by Mahindra Xylo & Tata Grande,etc.[/quote']

As if Tata Grande is very stylish and a big hit smiley36.gif

Well' date=' GM offers best interiors in its class. Even the outdated Aveo and Optra had the best interiors in their respective segments when they were launched. Its just that some people cannot see beyond the Hondas and Marutis and appreciate other manufacturers. [/quote']

I've just given my personal opinion about them, as i am sober natured &so have my choices, so that's why i find their Spark & Beat styling too much over(Just look at the Dead rear of the Spark,u'll easily come to notice this by its large pad like tail-lamps, bumpers with reversing lamps,etc & similar is the case For the Beat's front & rear too,like its silver-ish & impractical roof rails, overly chromed tail-lamps) if you compare it with other rivals like Santro & i10 respectively...

The 'Punch' in the Cruze doesn't mean to its speed or power !

I just meant to the Ooomph or Feel-tough factor it lacks infront of its rivals like the Laura,etc...

Lastl but not the least, In the Interiors what it counts is the quality & longeivity of the Parts not their no., Tata lacks, Chevy & Hyundai averages & Honda,Toyota & Maruti scores here in finesse...

Rest Chevy in the India mostly sells due to its Free Service/maintenance programme, others pros comes second.....
dr_nishu2010-01-13 19:52:39

I've just given my personal opinion about them' date=' as i am sober natured &so have my choices, so that's why i find their Spark & Beat styling too much over(Just look at the Dead rear of the Spark,u'll easily come to notice this by its large pad like tail-lamps, bumpers with reversing lamps,etc & similar is the case For the Beat's front & rear too,like its silver-ish & impractical roof rails, overly chromed tail-lamps) if you compare it with other rivals like Santro & i10 respectively...[/quote']

In that case my friend, you would have loved the styling of Optra, Aveo and U-VA, all of which have sober styling.smiley1.gif 

The 'Punch' in the Cruze doesn't mean to its speed or power !

I just meant to the Ooomph or Feel-tough factor it lacks infront of its rivals like the Laura' date='etc...

Lastl but not the least, In the Interiors what it counts is the quality & longeivity of the Parts not their no., Tata lacks, Chevy & Hyundai averages & Honda,Toyota & Maruti scores here in finesse... [/quote']

Well, as for toughness, the Cruze has scored 5 Star Ratings in E-NCAP, C-NCAP, A-NCAP and K-NAP and it is the only car to achieve 96% Passenger Safety ratings in E-NCAP since its start in 1997.

If you have read the reviews and test driven the car you would see that the interior plastic quality, though mediocre, is build to last. The features that it offers at its proce make it VFM. Had the quality been exaclty with par with Laura then so would have been its price. And higher prices meant people complaining about them smiley17.gif .

Rest Chevy in the India mostly sells due to its Free Service/maintenance programme' date=' others pros comes second.....
[/quote']

Well why do you think a car like Alto sells like hot cakes. It has dated interiors, safety is not that good. Just sells because of Maruti's name and A.S.S. right? Same goes for a car like Estillo and A-Star also. If you think that the cost of ownership of Maruti is less, well think again. My uncle's cost of ownership for Swift is double that of his Civic !!

Every car manufacturer has its own way of attracting customers. This is GM's way of winning back its customers and slowly but surely their A.S.S. has improved a lot. I own an Aveo for the past 3 years (without the 3 year maintanence package) and have had no trouble at all with their A.S.S.

I've just given my personal opinion about them' date=' as i am sober natured &so have my choices, so that's why i find their Spark & Beat styling too much over(Just look at the Dead rear of the Spark,u'll easily come to notice this by its large pad like tail-lamps, bumpers with reversing lamps,etc & similar is the case For the Beat's front & rear too,like its silver-ish & impractical roof rails, overly chromed tail-lamps) if you compare it with other rivals like Santro & i10 respectively...[/quote']

In that case my friend, you would have loved the styling of Optra, Aveo and U-VA, all of which have sober styling.smiley1.gif 

LOL !!   We have very healthy discussion here, sohit.

I appreciate your views about the Aveo et al, that's why i haven't quoted about them here. But i am too surprised to see why they fizzled in India !! Despite they deserved a better place here....

Rest its all the part of Personal Views and choices....
dr_nishu2010-01-14 12:11:50

@Nishu

Comparing Cruze with Laura is like comparing Apples with Pineapples. Since both has apples, it doesn't mean the same.

Likewise since Laura & Cruze belongs to same segment, they never mean same.

Cruze looks best (when compared to latest Laura), more powerful, latest technology, superb interior, way Cheaper.

Then regarding interior, you are saying Maruti's interiors are better than GM's .I don't agree here.

More explanations dude here?

I ask you guys just say yes or no,

1.If spark was launched by MSIL under the name of ZEN then it would be a perfect hit.

2.If Swift was launched by GMI uinder the name of Aveo it will surely be a flop or sold in decent numbers despite of being a good car.

As said by others GM is not selling only because of lack of name in the society.

I wish GMI should do the following-

1.Bring up the new Spark (Grilled one) .I think you probably know the grilled Spark sold abroad.

2.Beat will surely do/doing very well.

3.Aveo U-VA needs to be discontinued/Facelifted but not replaced by the Aveo5 which looks like..  or the new Aveo RS body must be accompanied by

the following all new engines:

• S-Tec II,which produces 87bhp,0-100 in 12.9s
  • S-Tec III,which produces 103bhp,0-100 in 11.9s
  • A perfect diesel such as a tuned MJD

4.Aveo must be replaced soon by SAIL sold in China which almost looks like the ANHC but cheaper.It can be placed in entry level sedan group.It looks are almost of Cruze.

5.Tavera must be replaced by the orlando which is slightly costlier the the Tavera and will compete with the Innova.Interiors very well done.

6.Optra Magnum,oh I dont know what to do with it.Can you guys suggest me a car to replace it in the GM gallery.Can Lumina replace this one? 

7.Cruze is doing well in the segment,Turbo lag needs to be reduced.

8.Captiva,same as the cruze.

Guys also suggest what Engines are better than the current one's in Chevy gallery.

Spirax12010-01-15 08:44:04

Guys' date='I heard somebody saying Spark has a flat blad rear.

I ask you guys just say yes or no,

1.If spark was launched by MSIL under the name of ZEN then it would be a perfect hit.

?

2.If Swift was launched by GMI uinder the name of Aveo it will surely be a flop or sold in decent numbers despite of being a good car.

?

As said by others GM is not selling only because of lack of name in the society
[/quote']

1. is perfectly right

2. Won't be a flop, taking into account of its look & peppiness and the MJD

You can also add PUNTO to this list

@Spirax:

Regarding the engines, GM can always use the 1.3MJD for U-VA and Aveo.

Also, it is developing 1L MJD that would be used to power the Beat later this year.

And there is one engine which I wish GM brings to India, the 1.4 twinport Ecotec (GM Speak for turbo) which is planned for the US market Cruze. This engine is rated at 140BHP smiley4.gif.

GM gave up on 1L MJD' date=' instead they are planning to make 1.3 MJD so that they can plonk it into Entry Hatch, Premium Hatch, Entry Sedan, Van,..etc[/quote']

I'm not sure about that. According to my sources, they are going to develop the 1L MJD for the Beat.

I'll confirm and post the information by next week.

Also' date=' it is developing 1L MJD that would be used to power the Beat later this year.
[/quote']
GM gave up on 1L MJD, instead they are planning to make 1.3 MJD so that they can plonk it into Entry Hatch, Premium Hatch, Entry Sedan, Van,..etc

Does this mean Beat's going to get 1.3 MJD?

So GM needs to tune it well to match Swift.

Guys I have a doubt ,Cant GM devolop a new diesel?

Is GM not even having a single(small) diesel engine internationally?
Spirax12010-01-15 09:07:04

Also' date=' it is developing 1L MJD that would be used to power the Beat later this year.
[/quote']
GM gave up on 1L MJD, instead they are planning to make 1.3 MJD so that they can plonk it into Entry Hatch, Premium Hatch, Entry Sedan, Van,..etc

Does this mean Beat's going to get 1.3 MJD?

So GM needs to tune it well to match Swift.

Guys I have a doubt Cant GM devolop a new diesel?

Is GM not even having a single(small) diesel engine internationally?

I feel that GM, before moving into the Indian market, would have never thought of developing small engines smiley17.gif

The 1.3L MJD was jointly developed by FIAT and GM and later Suzuki was allowed to manufacture it. Even, the 1.6L MJD used the GM Gearbox which was the reason why FIAT could not introduce it and were manufacturing their own for this engine. 

Well Orlando looks more like SUV to me, to be specific it looks like Outlander.

And yes, Maruti sells just because of name and @Dr.Nishu dont tell me that MSIL's interiors are at par with Toyota and Honda, they are not even a patch on Hyundai and Chevy let alone Honda & Toyota and here i am talking about both design and interiors plastics quality. Also they have worst build quality. And ok Beat is slightly overdone but to me spark is still sober as anycar. And Cruze and Beat are here to give something new and attract, so they have to be something different to set the segment on fire.

Even i own a Spark since 2years without maintenance pack and am quite satisfied with service.

Guys,read this in consumerguideauto.

If you want to read more on orlando-http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-chevrolet-orlando1.htm

A Notable Feature of the 2011 Chevrolet Orlando

GM's "Flex-7" seating package was quite novel back in 2001, with some observers deeming it a major factor in the Zafira's strong Euro-market sales. Though other automakers have since copied it, Flex-7 is likely to carry on as standard for the 2011 Chevrolet Orlando. It's a 2-3-2 configuration with a third-row bench seat that folds into the cargo floor and a second-row bench split 40/20/40. Each of the latter's sections slide fore and aft and also fold flat to form a level load deck with the lowered third-row seat. The second-row's outboard backrests recline as well, and the slim center section is designed for use with a child safety seat. A fold-flat front-passenger seat completes the package. The 2011 Chevrolet Orlando may also offer the Opel's optional panoramic roof with four fixed "skylights" and interior roof storage compartments. It's similar to the "SkyView roof" available on Nissan's large Quest minivan.

Captiva 2.2 caught testing.

Chevrolet_Captiva_facelift_diesel.jpg

By mid-2010, General Motors will launch the facelifted Chevrolet Captiva with a 2.2-liter diesel engine. Co-developed with VM Motori in Italy, the new 2.2-liter engine is expected to boost fuel economy and reduce emissions to Euro 5 levels.

images and info: indianautosblog.