asethi919

Fiat 500

Hi Guys

I was wondering, had Fiat priced the 500 a little more reasonably, would they have amanged to sell more units. I know they brought it in as a boutigque product and not as a real seller but still, 15 lacs is unbelievable. I assumed it would be a CBU but still considering the price range for the 500 starts from 7 lacs i think they over priced it.

Lets say, Fiat launces a 7-8 lac stripped down version of the car. Would any one of you consider it?

I was soo looking forward to the car when it was launched, but at the price, it is completely out of my reach. The car though, is absolutely brilliant. Hope they wouold have given a nice Petrol engine though. 

Even if it would have been manufactured here, it would have costed around 7 lakhs for a fully loaded one. In India, two door cars , that too Fiat, at 7 lakhs will never be a hit. India is not yet ready for such cars. Only a few enthusiasts who know its worth would have gone for it....others would have said "Isme to poori family hi nahi ayegi..."

You guys are right but as you said, an enthusiast would not mind having that as his second or third car. But i guess eventually it comes down to the purchasing power parity of different nations and ours is just not there yet. Saddening but I still hope they sell it for around 5-8  lacs some day and i can afford it.smiley4.gif

SALES OF FIAT 500 IN INDIA (JAN 09 - AUG 09)

January - 2

February - 1

March - 1

April - 4

May - 3

June - 2

July - 5

August - 0

Total = 18

These are not bad numbers considering it is a Fiat, priced ridiculously because of being an import, is a 2-door car and with only 75 bhp multijet under the hood.

I wonder what sales it would have received if it would have been produced in India.

I have seen a couple of white and pink 500 in south mumbai ,they were driven by girl(doesn't mean it does not appeal to me). They had put the chromes almost everywere. Still 18 500 is a goodfigure for a small 75bhp car costing 20lakhs.

. And according to me' date=' 500 looks better than the Mini. [/quote']

?

?

for you and me its right. for common man, 500 is a common fiat and mini is BMW

No, A 500 is a Fiat and a Mini is just a Mini. How many common men know that BMW owns Mini? I remember the number of smiles and thumbs ups one gets when you drive the 500. Its all worth it..believe me!! smiley1.gif

If FIAT produces this in India and sells it for about 7 lacs, it will easily sell more than 500 units per month. There are plently of people who will buy it as 2nd car and that too as a lifestyle product or for snob value and for them 2 door limitation will not matter.

Come on FIAT, make it here

ACI Forums have 4089 members at present time. Out of these only 15% would have dared to go for a 2-door Fiat with a 1.3 MJD engine at price of around 8 lakhs....(including me)....which equals 613...

It means 613 units sold.....These are not even monthly units...I think Fiat is better off selling it as an import rather than wasting money producing it here and it being called a Flop...

@ cyrus43

Why not add a poll to this topic...!!!!

Q- Will you buy the Fiat 500 at price of 8 lakhs???

A- Yes or No...

nim12esh2009-09-19 17:32:26

Who knows how to add a poll to a forum. Mods, help!!

@ nim12esh

I know it does not make sense for fiat to start producing the car here(unless it starts exporting it from here to toher countries) but as i said at the starting on this discussion, Fiat can still import the car but strip it out fo some of the features that it offers. Maybe that would help in bring the cost down to what we want smiley36.gif

Why not brind it as CKD

CKD=Completely Knocked Down Kit

Price will be over 10L will you buy one, and still low sales and low quality. Also there is no point in maintaining an assembly to assemble a car taht sells in single digit every month.

So not feasible for Fiat

creativebala2009-09-20 08:11:01

Hello,

I think it's a mistake to consider the Fiat 500 as a luxury product, it was not as well finished as the Mini Cooper and its engines are less powerful.

It is true that the price of the Fiat 500 in India is too high! In France it is much cheaper, we have a true line with more engines and it's a success : between January 2009 and August 2009 it has sold 1 430 391 cars in France, including 15,217 Fiat 500. This is the 24th best selling car. The Fiat 500 is selling more than the Grande Punto!

But I think it is not studied at all for Indian market : here the Fiat 500 is often sold as second or third car, which I think is rare in India.

Yo think it is rare that people buy second or third cars in India. How kiddish. You are, my friend, seriously underestimating India's monetary power.

Fiat 500 is a disaster because it costs 20000 EURO

I hope the point is clear.

The Fiat 500 for what it costs has lower torque than the Swift, 15 kgm torque vs Swift has 19.5 kgm, though the power rating is almost the same. Check it out. For that sort of money one should be able to get the Abarth edition, not this 1.3 multijet thing.