OM138

Chevy Carnival offer worth?

Hello All,

Chevy India has come up with a carnival scheme in which they are offering huge cash discounts upto 50K on their sedan cars.New AVEO 1. 4 LS ex shooroom price starts at 5.5 lacs .Ford India had also come up with such its Limited edition fiesta offer with same price tag.Chevy cars also comes with free maintainance packages for upto 3 yrs, which makes it more tempting.Is it a worth to buy a chevy car, as Chevy/Ford are known for their costly spare parts or less resale value and bad ASS.I am a begginer and will be keeping the car for around 5-6 yrs.My bugget is around 6-7 lacs.

Avoid the offer, don't fall for it.

there are plenty of other options available in the market.

Do let us know your basic requirements for us to be able to suggest you appropriately.
BornFree2009-09-04 19:51:57

I would suggest that you avoid the chevy offer. Fiesta is a good option and in my opinion best for a beginner. However I suggest you have a look at recent newcomers in the hatchback market like i20, jazz etc which offer good space in compact dimension therefore easy drive in the city.

IMO the offer is a really good one. And above all it should be which car u like. If you like the Aveo, you can go for it because all those discounts do make it VFM. But if u wish to play safe, then given your budget you can go for Dzire Zxi or Sx4 Vxi.

Its better to avoid the offer. Never buy a Chevy Aveo 1.4 . Its a rebadged Daewoo Kalos sedan with a sluggish Koren engine. Its neither fuel efiicient nor peppy to drive. IMHO Hyundai Accent Executive is a better car than Aveo with a rev-happy 1.5 Alpha unit.. Since your budget is Rs 6-7lakhs, buy the Fiat Linea 1.4 Dynamic or 1.3 MJD Active variant. The best sedan in its class...swiftvxi062009-09-05 09:58:10

The Chevy carnival offer is fine. Please check up with the dealers about their 3 year warranty with only a certain amount of money specified for service spending. If you do not have accidents then the deal works out quite fine.

DUDE' date=' one thing i wanna tell you, dont go in for SX4. Dont wanna write its all cons and no pro's over here. But throw SX4 out of the picture[/quote']

Dont know what you have against SX4. The only cons are its slightly poor suspension setup which has been changed in 2009 model, and quality that is slightly below par.

But it has all the equipments you could ask for and a great service backup. In fact it was the third highest selling petrol sedan last year so people seem pretty satisfied. In fact i feel that for a budget of 7.5 lakh in delhi, this is the car with least worries.

Thank you all for your suggestions, but i am not interested in SX4.Looking for a sedan in the price rage below 7 lacs.CHevy AVEO or Ford Fiesta or i am also looking for used Honda City ZX.

Ford Fiesta fits the bill perfectly for you. Excellent Engine and drive, decent looks, good quality. I suggest you go for Fiesta. Aveo has nothing much to offer in competition with Fiesta or others. Also ford is very determined to decrease its ownership cost so hopefully that will be under control.

Hi Durango, none of my family members liked DZire. I know DZire is one of the better car in its segment and a real vfm, but i need to take my family's opinion/liking into consideration as well.We took td of Chevy AVEO and Ford Fiesta and both of them seem to look fine at price tag of 6.5 lacs OTR.The only concern is the resale value, that made me think for looking at uses Honda City(zx), which i can get at around 5 lacs.How worth is it to buy as used Honda City instead of Chevy or Ford car?

First you save 50k approx.. from the original price upfront....which you may use it for fuel expenses for the first year (for example).....so first year - nil expenses for your car........smiley1.gif 

Second 3years free maintenance is really worthy.....smiley17.gif

Since, you are going to own it only for 5 or 6 years, maintenance for remaining 2 or 3 years should not be more considering the average quality of most of the cars sold these days.....smiley2.gif

for resale value, yes....you may have to compromise on this front, as you may get a fair price after 5 yrs which is fairly compensated by the discounts given in the Ist year and free maintenance package....

***SX4 though a very nice car, is expensive to maintenance from the beginning.....smiley5.gif

***swift dezire is very reliable car, but may not offer comfortable rear space compared to aveo....smiley3.gif