rssh

Booked i20 CRDi...Now Delivered

Mods I couldn't find my previous time for upgrade thread even by searching so a new threadsmiley5.gif.

Many of you might have read about me booking car since last 2 years ,now finally today I booked i20 CRDi Asta berry red .smiley17.gif

You are thinking right with only 20k milege in zen since 01 makes it no sense to buy a diesel , I added heart to the equation.

Firstly about i20 petrol .Its underpowered no doubt ,did back to back TD even the automatic 1.4lt petrol is slow  than the diesel. At last I removes the sedan status thingy from my dads mind and made him think the practical possibility of hatch back in busy Mumbai roads ,

I it costed me 7.90lakhs smiley1.gifwhich includes every thing and comprehensive insurance 20k (included) , I asked about warrenty voidness if I wanted to go for 15" alloys he said any suspension damage will not be covered is ok with me. My dad argued with me on why bigger wheels . I simply wheelspinned in TD vehicle later and then he agreed , will be going right now for choosing alloy design . I will colour brake callipers yellow with white coloured alloys . All the acessory stuff I have to do it now as I am doing engg in NIT nagpur have come to mumbai for car thingy smiley36.gif.

Will go in for this type of alloy

1134m.jpg

2362.jpg

seat cover and tint will be decided once car is delivered.

rssh2009-09-05 12:05:27

Well I don't think that I will be able to take delivery but will tell my dad to click pics. TD experience.

I asked the TD guy at first itself that I won't buy the car if it didn't have reverse gear lock ,, gratefully you have to pull then engage the reverse gear which is great . I slowly release the clutch and the car moves in hurry an excited I am . I kind of really stepped on the acclerator and went on till 130 on the flyover next to phoneix mills , overtaking was a breeze good visibility than Punto also lesser clutch travel made it a breeze . The clutch ain't as heavy as say swift multijet, I think the TD vehicle was the one featured in aci shootout same colour and dealer said it had been with some journo people. More on braking I didn't really felt the brakes were good or better than punto , but I reserve my thoughts as I never really made up over 50kmph in it . One grouse with the car is that we cannot fold just the left rear view mirror or vice versa and I have to watch out for it .

I went to lamington road for 15'' alloys and 195/55R15 tyres

Hanhooks cost 4800 and yoko s drives 5100 and 5 set of alloys cost 21k . THe buy back price are pathetic they are asking 2500 for tyre and 2k per alloy which is too low, it has got me now in mixed mind whether to upgrade or not . Guys I couldn't find and good looking white alloys and pics or place I should look out in Mumbai for alloys . I am leaving for Nagpur tomorrow so will upgrade tomorrow or never ,any suggestion?

Congratulations for the new i 20 Asta CRDi booked rssh.Its the first one in the teambhp family, I suppose.Happy driving!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

anjan_c20072009-09-05 18:05:18

Hi Rash, the Rockford alloy in the top pic. looks cool. I've seen a car with similar alloys & it suits the car well.

So, your main choice was between Punto & i20?

Also, avoid Hankook, they arn't really quality tyres.

good choice buddy.

but engine performance is satisfactory compared to engine specssmiley5.gif ENgine has good mid range performance.but lacks top end grunt & low end performance

.any way not much choice in the premium hatch segment

rssh bajaj alliance insurance is better.I think they charge only 13000 for insurance.

Great choice made Rssh. I was thinking that what happened to your car and was going to ask you as you have gone through many cars these days like you 1st booked dzire, then thought about City and finally you set your mind on fiesta. But why i20 over Fiesta rssh???

And berry red is great color and will look great with white alloys but dont go for yellow caliper, berry red is not kind of color which will suit with yellow, well its my thinking. But white alloys will look great, nowadays there are many who are bored with Swift's and are spending time on modifying i20's. I saw a white i20 recently with black tints & white alloys and trust me it was looking fabulour, it wasnt that heavily modded but was looking fantastic and no swift could come closer to it.

I think the 3rd pic should go well with i20, but i will suggest you that dont do anything in hurry as you have to leave for nagpur, just let the car come, and when you return for some vacations then spend some time and choose the things carefully, that would be much better. These are the things to be done once generally so take some time on this and do things slowly on much research. I would like to take time especially on selecting alloys.

The delivery date is on 25 of this months , I went to the company showroom and he promised 20 days for berry as he had it in his stock and for other colour waiting was 1.5months anyways I wanted berry red .

@BS even I am thinking of painting callipers yellow

If he has it in stock then why 25th sept, its too late, dont you think so.

And instead of painting the callipers, go for yellow neons, that would be a looker at night.

Anyways are you buying it from Hyundai motor plaza, the company showroom.

And are there any additional features for diesel asta as against petrol asta, is it with 6 airbags???

No feature differnce btw petrol and diesel apart from rear wheel disc brakes , I don't want to put neon right now as it is a family car I don't want to make it flashy alloys and wider tyres are to put those 22kgm torque on the road ,

I am taking delivery on 25th of this month thats why from showroom to new alloys directly .

Anyways I searched like hell on Tbhp alloy wheel thread and now have finalised this alloy

867561.jpg

867562.jpg

86756.jpg

these look awesome on swift and will look excellent in i20.

No sunroof I am against it . That is not suitable for indian condition as its mostly sunny here and it is picked as the best spot to spit by people , if sunroof wasn't offered in asta O then I would have opted for it.

good choice buddy.but engine performance is satisfactory compared to engine specssmiley5.gif ENgine has good mid range performance.but lacks top end grunt & low end performance.any way not much choice in the premium hatch segment rssh bajaj alliance insurance is better.I think they charge only 13000 for insurance.

For Insurance better shop around, you will find that insurance co's are giving heavy discounts, I understand some of them are giving upto @ 40% discounts on new covers.

You can bargain one against the other.

Good choice rssh!

Even C or D type sedan cars doesn't have features like i20-ASTA like 6 air bag etc.

Switch of the passenger air bag while you run in busy traffic and get advise from the showroom person about this

I am taking delivery on the 28th of the month (will probably go home to take the delivery).

After reading about accessiores and some issues realted to i20  which I read in Tbhp I want to clarify something

1.Is there no chime in central locking in i20 also if  not can we  put it in.

2.I want to go for art leather seat covers for i20 the dealer doesn't have intresting material cover so any shop in south mumbai were I can look for . I want dark brown coloured ones.

3.My dad has asked me to think about putting a gear lock so I need your suggestions is it safe to not put it inspite of all security things like immobliser . Also it there like a password kind of gear lock ?

4. Sunfilms I have read in some reviews that the 1.2lt petrol engine and AC combo is not working great but the diesel and AT version don't have that much problem .

I have any brand of good sunfilms with atleast 90% sun reflection and UV protection with maximum visibility (I don't like dark tints)

4.should I put some vinyl and stuff to make the car a looker ? will a bumper corner protector spoil the looks of the car?

Congratulations on your booking rssh, i20 is a very good car and am happy you made a good decision.

But i would like to know as to why did you prefer it over Jazz and Fiesta. I feel all 3 cars are equally good and i know you considered many cars before deciding to go for the i20. It would also help many potential buyers.

1.Is there no chime in central locking in i20 also if  not can we  put it in.

Why do you want to put it? I always consider it as a nuisence. It does nothing except tell the whole locality that you have locked your car.

Congratulations on your booking rssh' date=' i20 is a very good car and am happy you made a good decision.

But i would like to know as to why did you prefer it over Jazz and Fiesta. I feel all 3 cars are equally good and i know you considered many cars before deciding to go for the i20. It would also help many potential buyers.[/quote']we wanted a car fo rthe city and this car will not sold resold we will keep it till its end also this needed to deliver good FE and power and ease or driving was the main reason as my sister will also drive this car .

I argued with myself how many time you use a boot .