rssh

Booked i20 CRDi...Now Delivered

Alright an update the rattle in the bush is now fixed they have changed the steering assembly and now the steering is lighter and I think it is giving more feedback (don't know how) than the previous one.

Well driving the i20 for continuously 500kms I can say the ride quality is acceptable not as good as Punto . At low speeds the bumps are felt but as speed improves the ride improves really well . I think it rides really well on highway and its more of a cruser and not city car given its width I can't squeese the car through space were swift can go .

I don't know about the rear ride quality because I always drive but I think the TD car you tested might have 44psi as when I TDed the car (which was also new) the ride was really bad and asked the sales man to check tyre pressure.

Anyways don't expect fabia or punto ride quality its a mix bag better than swift but no as good as punto.

Rssh is going to shout for taking his thread OT!

Anyways, yes I will  have to TD Ritz but what I found from 1st impression was that my Knee fouled with the central gear stalk.

Also, MS isn't giving ZDI variants on both Swift & Ritz. Im interested in ZDI variant because it comes with seat height & steering adjustment.

Ritz D is already coming in E4(what the exec. told), will wait for Swift E4.

Lets see what difference does Figo make to the equation!

Ride Quality is the deal maker/breaker for me. Don't suggest Polo over here because Im no VW/Skoda fan, they will 1st have to prove themselves before being recognized.

i20 is cool with Steering(rake/reach) & seat adjustments & loads of other equipment but Im a little wary of its ride quality.

Ride Quality is the deal maker/breaker for me. Don't suggest Polo over here because Im no VW/Skoda fan' date=' they will 1st have to prove themselves before being recognized.

i20 is cool with Steering(rake/reach) & seat adjustments & loads of other equipment but Im a little wary of its ride quality.
[/quote']

I believe when it comes to spares and Service there is nothing like MS.

Figo is likely to get that Fiesta TDCi engine developing 68bhp, or less if tuned for BS4. So it should lack a punch that Swift and Ritz have. Ford spares and service is costly also

Beat MJD could have been a good car but this car has some small but important flaws like poor headlamps, skinny tires, not so good ride quality. So i dont know whether MJD will make any difference.

I guess you have seen the Hot hatch drive through the Himalayas show shown in Both Autocar and Overdrive show. i20(diesel) did not do well and they said that it lacked low end grunt and ride was bad on poor surfaces.

That's right, MS cars are the easiest to maintain & Ford's maintenance is generally expensive.

Beat D is sometime away I guess.

I missed that show on T.V. Lack of low end torque is livable for me but not poor ride quality!

Rssh is going to shout for taking his thread OT!

Anyways' date=' yes I will  have to TD Ritz but what I found from 1st impression was that my Knee fouled with the central gear stalk.

Also, MS isn't giving ZDI variants on both Swift & Ritz. Im interested in ZDI variant because it comes with seat height & steering adjustment.

Ritz D is already coming in E4(what the exec. told), will wait for Swift E4.

Ride Quality is the deal maker/breaker for me. Don't suggest Polo over here because Im no VW/Skoda fan, they will 1st have to prove themselves before being recognized.

[/quote'] Even I would have gone for the swift ZDi but this is a family car so space problem is really a concern (or else we would have gone for sedan).

Yes the bottom end doesn't have that much grunt as say the swift or the ritz (marvellous fiat engine) but after revving to 1750rpm it really screams for grip (a really good tyre upgrade is needed for this car may be a michlein primacy LC).

Even I have seen the overdrive himalayan trip and can say that it doesn't have strong bottom end typical of hyundai car but even Hyundai advertises it as a urban car which I believe is its purpose and does the job really well.smiley1.gif

Even I would have gone for the swift ZDi but this is a family car so space problem is really a concern (or else we would have gone for sedan).

Yes the bottom end doesn't have that much grunt as say the swift or the ritz (marvellous fiat engine) but after revving to 1750rpm it really screams for grip (a really good tyre upgrade is needed for this car may be a michlein primacy LC).

@rssh

Swift ZDi is virtual smiley36.gif. So is ritz ZDi.

i20 comes with apollo acelere right ? It is supposed to be good tire compared to JK tornado in swift and ritz ldi/vdi. JK Tornados are the worst tires i have ever seen. Need to change every 10000km. The Vectras that come with ZXi are still better.

I found the i20 neutral and vice free, but it really doesn't tug at your heart string's and a/c isn't a chiller: <unlike Hyundai>. Ride quality & Handling is not Hyundai's forte. Bound to jiggle on broken tarmac and roll in corner's: a Hyundai trait. Hyundai's don't like to be hustled but driven sedately. I TDed the 1.2 and found it adequate with even 5 members on board and a/c on.

So I have completed 5300kms as of today and all I can say is I yearn you driving the beast , I also got it a present a reverse parking sensor with mirror display which costed Rs 2800 .

I had a test drive of 1.4lt AT last month and all I can say it not as exciting as the 100bhp claim but it may be because it doesn't has the push in the seat feel. Also now the price of the AT varient is at par with the diesel varient which make it better value now .

Cons : Reversing is a problem you can't see right of left with ease while reversing .

The A pillar which is really a big blind spot and you need to move your head .

Now rattle are there but the steering has started vibrating again but this time it is unnoticable and only notable on smooth roads .

Ride Quality is the deal maker/breaker for me.quality.

Figo it shall be then or if you're a little adventurous and won't mind Tata/Fiat service then may be the Punto for impeccable ride and handling. Hyundai's at best manage a jiggly ride and wishy washy handling and definitely don't like to be hustled.

So I have completed 5300kms as of today and all I can say is I yearn you driving the beast ' date=' I also got it a present a reverse parking sensor with mirror display which costed Rs 2800 .

I had a test drive of 1.4lt AT last month and all I can say it not as exciting as the 100bhp claim but it may be because it doesn't has the push in the seat feel. Also now the price of the AT varient is at par with the diesel varient which make it better value now .

Cons : Reversing is a problem you can't see right of left with ease while reversing .

The A pillar which is really a big blind spot and you need to move your head .

Now rattle are there but the steering has started vibrating again but this time it is unnoticable and only notable on smooth roads .

[/quote']

So congratulations rssh 5300 kms on the i 20 and 5205 posts on ACI forum. Everything has crossed 5000!

About the AT and CRDi i20's being priced at nearly the same level, maybe if Hyundai  offers discounts on the AT the sales will pick up.On new products the automakers do not offer any discounts or freebies upto one year usually.

I am also a victim of a thick A pillar. The Scorpio has a bulbous A pillar thats a pain in the neck with some heavy traffic around.

Today it has reached 5700kms . Whenever I am bored I head down to Marine Drive and have a blast at the rain and some how it feels special ,you alone in the car driving for the sake of it ,I never switch on the music I love listening to the engine and by the noise I can make out that the max torque is now being delivered from 1700rpm itself and I usually change gear @ 2400 rpm , love to ride the wave of torque.

Here are some pic after polishing the car for 2 hour in May

(Sony DSC H20)

dsc00204fa.jpg

dsc00209ms.jpg

dsc00215v.jpg

The way the hatch segment is panning out, I may go in for a hatch as my next car. Easier to drive and park and also spacious like the i20 and feature rich. I may also look at the Polo, with apprehension though, for Hyundai service has spoilt me.

Rssh: your car looks great, two hours of your hardwork clearly shows.

The car looks brand new and the paint shade is super. Nice clean sticker

less look except for the polluting vehicle sticker on the front

windscreen, TAKE IT OUT!

You have just done 5800 kms in nine months thats quite low after buying a diesel. BTW, what is the redline of your car and have you redlined it yet?

My dad doesn't allow me to remove the non polluting sticker , I tore all the plastics and removed the sticker on day 1 due to comfort and visibility issue .

I think the redline is @ 4750rpm , I have redlined in neutral but not while on the move because there is no point in doing so ,the engine sounds gruff  and the power trails off @ 4rpm , in city I usually shift @2500rpm .

The sweet spot of the engine is from 1700rpm to 3500rpm and this is still expanding I feel as the car is getting in kms .

Well I didn't buy the diesel for raking in kms ,I bought it because the petrol i20 is underpowered for my taste ,I only wanted a hatch ,it will be with me for lifetime and best point it is wider than most sedans in under 10 lakhs bracket which I feel is good .

This pic I call a cute puppy pose.

dsc00205a.jpg

dsc00214uk.jpg

Also in latest ACI magzine DC destroyed the front end of the handsome i20 here are some mod pics which you all may like and next summer will be on my car too

hyundaii20frontspoiler4.jpg

hyundaii20frontspoiler2.jpg

hyundaii20heckspoiler1z.jpg

hyundaii20seitenschwell.jpg

rssh, nice car and pics. Took a TD of crdi i20 asta today and I must say, nice car with good power. Also the mileage people are getting are good with this car.

Regarding steering rattle, this problem is on all i10 and i20. May be they would have solved with this 6 speed vehicle, and on new i10 which IMHO, they are planning to launch next month end. I have urged autocar india to take our case forward with hyundai for this steering rattle.

Firstly in initial days the steering bush assembly was faulty so it was vibrating a lot ,I shot a mail to Hyundai and they called me in 2 hour took my car from home and geased the suspension and changed the bush assembly , it used to rattle going over any undulations , after rectifing it now the rattle is only 10% of initial rattle which only the driver can hear and feel in extremely bad roads , I would give Hyundai a second chance in next service to sort it out .