rssh

Booked i20 CRDi...Now Delivered

No the dealer hasn't contacted me ,anyways I will get them to replace the pad and bush on the steering assembly and clean the A/C filter in the 3rd service , apart from these niggles the car is great and the engine really needed a 5k kms to be perfectly run-in and now the torque is delivered  @ 1750rpm and the wavc of the torque rides till 2300rpm which is the ideal sweet spot.

The way the hatch segment is panning out' date=' I may go in for a hatch as my next car. Easier to drive and park and also spacious like the i20 and feature rich. I may also look at the Polo, with apprehension though, for Hyundai service has spoilt me. [/quote']

Go for Punto and may be you will become pro Fiat after that.smiley36.gif

The way the hatch segment is panning out' date=' I may go in for a hatch as my next car. Easier to drive and park and also spacious like the i20 and feature rich. I may also look at the Polo, with apprehension though, for Hyundai service has spoilt me. [/quote']

Go for Punto and may be you will become pro Fiat after that.smiley36.gif

I really wouldn't mind if they came up with a 1.4 turbo petrol it would be wonderful, instead of the wheezy 1.2 and the just about adequate 1.4.

Its a great car but Jazz is at another level.

Jazz is just another hatch but i20 is at another level.

Jazz should not be even considered.

I respect and totally agree with your decision to buy i20. smiley32.gif

Can you plz eloborate here. I feel, the Jazz is more car per car. Its too spacious, super mileage, adequate power. i20 has a CRDI advantage, but I would say, its not near Jazz, may be Jazz need a big price correction. Other than that, its perfect.

Can you plz eloborate here. I feel' date=' the Jazz is more car per car. Its too spacious, super mileage, adequate power. i20 has a CRDI advantage, but I would say, its not near Jazz, may be Jazz need a big price correction. Other than that, its perfect.[/quote']

I totaly agree with you Bala, Jazz is bigger in terms of space, engine and quality and now there is a lot of discount going on, its selling again. May be my next car ?

@bala: The market and customer for Diesel is very different from that for petrols. In Petrol hatches if price is not a consideration then the Jazz is by far the best.

There is a saying. "No pain, no gain". I think its time to "Think Hatke". Not to run after a new on business like Nissan, but rest can be well considered.

If it is a diesel, just wait for the Etios hatch. Since the 1.4diesel has made its way, a Etios diesel is not too far away. Also the Polo 1.2TDi is a very tempting car. Good looks, good quality and good performance too (as I read in this issue of Autocar).

@sgiitk: I'm impressed with your proficiency in Tamil. Perfect spelling included although in English. smiley20.gif

@asethi: Yes, I'm a fan of the Jazz, but not it's price.

@sb-alto: I'm tempted to think Hatke especially of the Micra, some how I fancy it, don't ask me why; and feel it will have a decent run; unless they screw up the Aftersales service experience.

In Petrol hatches if price is not a consideration then the Jazz is by far the best.

The word "if" used here is huge, as Sidhu usually says "if my Aunty had beard, I would call her Uncle"! "If" this car had this or "if" this car did not have this, a solution  for "if" is a must.

Another word used "by far", could we all know what all falls in this "by far"?

Most products in the market are quiet evenly matched with little differences here & there.

Well a small update the car has completed 3rd (free labour only) service and it costed some 2k bucks and we opted for the 3M anti rust treatment for 5 years (2 times a year) @2.5k . They seemed to have covered the engine bay under body and spare wheel area in the treatment a something a must for coastal areas .Overall I think they changed the bush in the steering and now no rattles what so ever .

The AC performance is below average my zen cooled better IMHO . I think Hyundai should have though about the i20 before launching a made for Europe car in India and given a better compressor .

Some deep scratches needed touch ups and were done up (in a jugaad kind of way) . The engine is now more eager and by far the best part of the car , the gearbox is notchy but now I am used to it as not a what speed to slot into a gear , the suspension is a mixed feeling it soft for sporty driving but is really good at bad roads . The car definatly feels more stable with 4 people on board .

In the next service I will switch on to Synthetic engine oil , also I want a rear wing spoiler which both me and my dad liked on seeing on an i20 the OE one costs 5k w/o paint job which seems steep . I am thinking of making one myself using fibre glass but the fit and finish and mounting is looking to be challenging. You don't want the wing to fly away while driving smiley36.gif .

Update !! the car has become excllently smooth and with A/C on and many family friends coming over no one realised that its a diesel car untill we reach fuel station smiley20.gif.

The refinement level have improved a lot and inspite of all the gizmos the reliability is still great (I have a thinking that more electronics = more trouble in niggling problem) .

Hyundai really seems to have sorted out the steering rattling issues and its a thing of past now . Still havn't used the CD player in the car (why did they even provide it ,when one has AUX and USB )

Finally I have been saving cash by winning event in fests in the colleges so I have now 7k to spare on the rear spoiler . Please suggest some good places in Mumbai to find decent spoiler no flashy types and with "NO REAR LAMP ON THEM".

An example of the type I like

hyundaii20heckspoiler1z.jpg

@ Rssh - Congrats buddy on your new car' date=' also a very well written review with nice pics. smiley20.gif Hope you have got the chance to use the 6Th gear. currently what is the FE you are geting.?

[/quote'] Its great to hear from you after a year may be thanks anyway .

Mine is a BS3 version and has only 5 gears unlike the BS4 version . With spirited driving the FE is somewere around 13.5kpl in city and in highway around 18-20kpl.

The car has got lots of swirl marks and stupid painters dropped paint while painting a window in some flat . I need to go in for exterior detailing have posted for a quotation for 3M detailing will post pics after the process has been carried out.

@rssh - ya buddy been over 2 years now i suppose.

so yours is the is BS3. so you missed out on an extra gear smiley2.gif

the FE you are getting is pretty good. good to hear it from you.

ya do keep updating n uploading.

Cheers!!smiley20.gif

Actually the 6th cog is an overdrive gear and the other gear ratios aren't altered much ,not much of a difference to overall final drive ratio except for cruising on highway .

Finally done the 4th paid service today . It included engine oil and engine oil filter change with normal brake fluid top up etc .

The total amount was Rs 2480

Though the fuel filter change is a part of  4th service but according to the owners manual incase of low milege one can ignore it ,you need to change it once in 10k kms or 36months .

The SA said that there is now part for glovebox lamp inspite of me telling him that the luggage lamp and the glovebox lamp are the same . The Rheostat assembly wasn't available so couldn't fit it.

After paying the bill the car went for wash and I saw the New Verna first hand .It had the Launch car paper attached to it . I got to drive it and can say just one thing is that the 125bhp engine is really effortless and the lag present for city driving ain't bad . The kick you get is smooth and not as hard as say the current verna. 

Asked some people about the pricing and they all agreed that the top end diesel will cost 11.5 -12lakhs on road price. Anyways other than the engine the interior space is comparable to the i20 the rear has just a bit more legspace but the boot is big enough . I expected a little more interior space from the new Verna.

Thats interesting info RSSH. I too went to the Hyundai showroom here today with a friend of mine who just bought a i10 Magna 1.2K. I asked the sales guy about the new Verna and the info given by him was rather similar. I didnt get to see the actual car but the pricing details provided be him were along what everyone expects. The petrol top end to be 9.5-10 Lacs(ex showroom) and the diesel to be 10.25-10.75 (ex-showroom).

The car look great in flesh in the beigish colour I drove in . In cities like banglore and Mumbai the on road will easily be 12lakhs on road .

On the 4th service-

I wanted to fill synthetic engine oil but guess what Hyundai don't keep the option of synthetic oil in there service centre (HMP) . They asked me to get them the engine oil myself which is a sigh of relief and in next service I will choose the best diesel engine oil of CH4+ grade (and only service once an year) .

I like the reviews of OWS diesel engine oil as well as Shell synthetic.

Though I know people swear by Mobil Devlac MX but it ain't synthetic. Also BTW Hyundai uses normal shell diesel engine oil in servicing. I saw the engine oil bottle of it.