rahul1810

Cruzing and Driving the CRUZE: REVIEW

Mods, I was in confusion whether it should be in a new topic or an existing one, but its pretty big so I posted it in a new one.

Here is a review done by bsmotoring.

Resurrection. Few can argue with a concept such as that. Countless Bollywood movies have celebrated it and then followed it up with sequels. They make for lovely back-of-the-book tales in a Reader

They are expecting the base variant to be a shade less than 12 lakh, and seeing its a diesel, and the equipment level on offer and chevy hasnt been known to sacrifice on quality either, its only competition is laura. So i expect it to go laughing all the way to the bank

EDIT

Also comparing the specs sheet to laura doesnt disappoint you eitherrahul18102009-09-06 05:36:21

Remains to be seen how it will fare in the market. Optra Magnum has all but fallen of the buyer's radar despite being a diesel. If the Corolla introduces it's diesel then going can get tough for the Cruze, even though it may be only a 1.4 liter 100 bhp diesel, Toyota will anyday be a Toyota.

The Cruze looks very impressive and has everything i.e 150bhp diesel, fantastic ride, good handling, futuristic interiors, comfortable, features, good quality, everything that a 15lac car buyer would want. This one is mix of almost all cars in this segment and has mixed good qualities of many cars, just Chevy tag in India should work. Just that i am not impressed with alloys, they should have provided thick 5spokes spider type alloys, that would have looked great like in many other markets.

Now almost all journo's have test driven this same car but nobody is giving the exact timeframe for the launch, some are saying its october, while some are saying its september start or mid or end.

I am waiting desperately for this car, may be its my next car. A kind of performance of Laura Tsi in diesel form with many features & better A.s.s. & good price tag.

To me Kizashi doesnt looks that good as a civic/corolla competitor should be, and although i hope that this time they have good quality but i seriously doubt on that front because of cost cutting their build quality and plastics are simply not acceptable. Also i didnt liked its interiors too.

And anyway there is still time for Kizashi to reach here.

well  friends , 15lakh would be for the diesel , it is still 60,000+ cheaper than laura L&K , remember all the prices are ex-showroom mumbai , so delhi would be cheaper . for a diesel user i would go for an cruze anyday , i mean why would anyone buy an white elephant (laura) we are all aware of the treatment skoda gives to its customers

well? friends ' date=' 15lakh would be for the diesel , it is still 60,000+ cheaper than laura L&K , remember all the prices are ex-showroom mumbai , so delhi would be cheaper . for a diesel user i would go for an cruze anyday , i mean why would anyone buy an white elephant (laura) we are all aware of the treatment skoda gives to its customers[/quote'] And in addition the modern Vcdi 150bhp will be anyday much more refined & smooth then the 2.0lt 140bhp PD Laura L&K.

P.S @Sarabjeet, i think 2.0lt laura L&K is close to 19lac or more so there is much difference and definately not 60k.

@ bluesapphire

my mistake , i had the price of the elegence in my mind , yes the L&K costs 18.10 lakhs ex showroom , if people can afford that , certainly they can look at cruze .

now suddenly we will see an price cut by skoda

add to that 3 years free service warrenty of GM smiley2.gif
sarabjeet2009-09-06 09:13:27

Yup and i dont think that Gm will offer that 3years maintenance package in their new car, even they are not offering it in Captiva. They are only offering that package in some of their cars otherwise for that package you have to pay and that amount isnt that small i think.

what ?? i had been offered the three package with my captiva my friend and i didn't pay anything . Free oil changes , no service cost no labour cost , i have bills amaounting to 0.00Rs

I think GM is making a big mistake on lauching a reun away success vehicle with below segment quality interiors , buyers look for brand image and quality in top of their priority lists.

A good review to read! I like the car specially the introduction of Push button start, telescopic steering are interesting additions.

Shape of the car is impressive too, was getting sick of those small nose diving bonnets of Japos.

Interior quality will have to be seen. Im not sure about the ride quality too because in Autocar show, Kartik's take on ride was confusing.

Rear A.C. vents should be present too.

Finally, lot boils down to the price, anything more than Civic/Corolla will make things diff.  Optra should be pushed down further to make room for flexible pricing. Diesel Cruz shall be going head on against the Jap. petrols as GM petrols have never fared well against Japo. offerings.

An auto box at a later date could give sleepless nights to Laura DSG.

The car is good, nice ride quality, plastics and all are good. BUT the pricing!!!

Where are all those gurus of automobiles in India who cried horse about Honda car pricings. Why is chevy getting out without anyone blaming the over pricing???

The car is good' date=' nice ride quality, plastics and all are good.?BUT the pricing!!!

Where are all those gurus of automobiles in India who cried horse about Honda car pricings. Why is chevy getting out without anyone blaming the over pricing???
[/quote']

Well said Mr.Sharash.... .really appreciate --> Where are all those gurus of automobiles in India who cried horse about Honda car pricing.

The pricing of this car is way way higher than it should have been

i'm not too sure about the sucess of the cruze. One, there havent been many takers for the captiva either.

look at the fortuner! 5000 bookings!! so there is a great market for the diesel sub 20lakh suv, which captiva was not able to capitalise! And whatever you say about skoda, it still commands one of the best re-sale values for a diesel saloon under 20lakhs.

i think GM needs to price the cruze diesel on par with the altis and the civic.

The car is good' date=' nice ride quality, plastics and all are good.?BUT the pricing!!!

[/quote']

Yes sharash you are all the way right i also think same keeping price 13 lakhs is too much !

Well said Mr.Sharash.... .really appreciate --> Where are all those gurus of automobiles in India who cried horse about Honda car pricing.

The pricing of this car is way way higher than it should have been