sgiitk

Euro 4 cars!

HAHA!!! I have always liked Palio and I surely dont want to see it being insulted as a taxi. I hope Fiat pulls the plug on it and lett it die with some dignity.

How funny would it be seeing Nano's being run as taxis?

I feel there is a lot of juices left in Palio still.

Its space, looks, drivability, ergonomics, FE, Price makes it feel like it can live another 5 yrs peacefully.

Found this today in Zigwheels on Fiat MJD Drive

"But the biggest surprise of the journey was the Palio. Though it might be a slightly dated design and may lack the ultra chic styling and panache of its siblings, the Multijet engine in the Palio seemed to be in its best form as compared to all the others. Sure, it was a little lacking in terms of refinement and had an uncooperative clutch and gearbox, but it didn't seem to be plagued with the low rpm drivability issues that the others suffered. And when you factor in a price that starts from just Rs. 4.3 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), the Palio Stile Multijet suddenly seems like a great option."
creativebala2009-11-05 18:57:26

Fiat palio is too old to be a healthy competitor but still with some refinement and with its price tag it can be a great competitors among the hot segment(hatchback) in India and punto is slowly picking up and fiat too can make palio more aggressive..

guys we've discussed about fiat and what about ford, chevy, what they are gonna do to meet BS4 next year with its current models

what about ford' date=' chevy, what they are gonna do to meet BS4 next year with its current models
[/quote']

Sir, Petrol engines & CRDI Diesel can easily tweeked to meet BS-IV, so the cars that will have headache will be non-crdi engines.

So in Ford & Chevy, we will end up having only one non-crdi engines,i.e., Tavera, so it might undergo a Heart Transplant. All other cars will remain the same.

I fore see a lot of Palio MJDs as Taxi as Indica?may not?pass BS-IV.

?
Well it should Vista quadra instead of Palio as it might be expensive to maintain.

But seriously Palio Mjd is very good car for Taxi purpose as it looks good' date=' drives well, no rattling, good fit and finish, space, comfort, rides and handles well and cheaper too initially. There should be good cabs in our country now, its high time.

And indica though may not be available in 11 cities due to emission norms, but one can buy them from nearby smaller cities, i guess they will get service from respective companies and fuel too. Not a big problem actually.

HAHA!!! I have always liked Palio and I surely dont want to see it being insulted as a taxi. I hope Fiat pulls the plug on it and lett it die with some dignity.

Why do many people think that its insult of a car being a Taxi, is this the only reason there are no good taxis in our country, if we look other way around there should be good taxis here to show globally that we are something and also for better touring experience. I always want that our country have good taxis and definately i dont consider it as insult. In many countries there are Camry, Corolla, Benz Eclass, etc, they dont consider it as insult in anyway. It should a proud rather than insult for car makers also and citizens also.bluesapphire2009-11-06 14:47:00

For your kind info Sanjay, Ritz petrol is a huge hit, more so than the diesel Ritz. And 1.2 is gem of an engine and the engines in Astar, Estilo are smaller 1.0 litre while Ritz has 1.2litre. But yes this may fall short for the Dzire.